AZsurveyor

Tremor Junkie
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 KR TREMOR RAPID RED 6.7L
Current Ride #2
2007 F350 KR CC 4x4 LB
I am very familiar with BD dual pod set that replaces the stock fog light among other options that some have done to add auxiliary for fogs.

However, I am still surprised no one has developed a fog light that fits underneath the factor LED fog light!

It's like Ford left that hole/space specifically to add more lights but I am looking for more than just a pod! Rather, a light that takes up that space entirely! Something precisely made.

I've been all over the internet and nothing this far.

I've been told by some Rigid®️ insiders that they're working on something exclusive for that space but no one had been able to tell me exactly when that will be! I am getting desperate and anxious!

Does anybody here have some insight or can shed some light, no pun intended, as to somebody out there developing a direct fit fog light for that particular space all while leaving the factor LED fog on place?

This space:
IMG-20211030-WA0019_1.jpg

Saw this over the weekend on a Raptor:

IMG_20211114_122114799_HDR.jpg

Anything??

Anyone??

Baja Designs S2 Series

Many forum members have successfully installed them in that exact location, pictures are available in various threads

Thank you but had stated in my original post, I am fully aware of those and IMHO, I am just not a fan of that look. Two standard square pods in a space that is not square? There's got to be something that is made to for that figure more adequately.

Last edited:
Thank you but had stated in my original post, I am fully aware of those and IMHO, I am just not a fan of that look. Two standard square pods in a space that is not square? There's got to be something that is made to for that figure more adequately.

Yeah, I don't think you looked at what I posted... It's not two squares.

Good luck with your search.

2783797F-4B61-498A-8F82-AA769B6BC55A.jpg

AZsurveyor: I've been told by some Rigid®️ insiders that they're working on something exclusive for that space but no one had been able to tell me exactly when that will be! I am getting desperate and anxious!

@Lunch Box

I am sure You and I are not the first to wonder why Ford has not offered lighting to fill the OEM "Fog Light Pocket". So far.....the BEST lighting I have seen for this area are the two Baja Design (BD) lights (white and amber). Lunch Box from Texas has these lights along with some Rigid Ignite lights mounted on his truck. It appears BD could easily make a fully enclosed ABS plastic mold that would give the two lights a "counter sunk" look and OEM aesthetics.

I called Rigid earlier this week, with some lighting ideas, which included specifically designed lighting options for the OEM "Fog Light Pocket" on Super Duty trucks. The Representative I talked to said their Marketing / Development Team has an OEM contract agreement with Ford and is currently working on and will soon roll out Ford Accessory Off-Road Lights for the Bronco. In addition, the contract agreement allows Rigid to make similar (virtually identical) lights with light / lens color options, which will not be available on the Ford Accessory Off-Road Lights.

He further stated the Rigid / Ford OEM contract agreement includes the design and production for Ford Accessory lights for Super Duty trucks. I asked to speak to someone in the Marketing / Development Team. He said they are all working off site because their office space is being renovated. However, I did obtain the email address of the team lead and will be sending out an email in the next few days.

I hope the anticipated and expected light options to be produced by Rigid for Ford on the Super Duty trucks will be lights designed for 2017 - 2022 SD trucks since more than likely the 2023 redesign will require a different aesthetic design.

View attachment 39519
Love how the lights transition from spot in the middle, to combo driving and dispersed, then to full dispersed on the edge, then to amber at the corners. Great combination! Now I may have to buy more lights... :rolleyes:

Asked this same question a few months ago with no luck. BD’s look good but not quite factory enough. Hopefully Rigid or some other manufacturer will come out with a factory looking design

I found this kit a couple weeks ago. Looking at some of the pictures it looks like there are a couple different designs depending on model year. The posted pictures are from the site. I was going to call them to inquire further but completely forgot. Looks pretty slick though!

Attachments

• B5C2632B-D90C-4EA6-A982-C2787A5F5F1C.jpeg
    B5C2632B-D90C-4EA6-A982-C2787A5F5F1C.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 142
  • 58470425-F64B-4B72-97F4-C0727BB8EB37.jpeg
    58470425-F64B-4B72-97F4-C0727BB8EB37.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 142

I found this kit a couple weeks ago. Looking at some of the pictures it looks like there are a couple different designs depending on model year. The posted pictures are from the site. I was going to call them to inquire further but completely forgot. Looks pretty slick though!
This warning is curious:

1637457235438.png

Does that mean they only work if you got the halogen bulbs from the factory?

Excellent inquiry. I wondered the same thing just never asked the question. I’m also not a fan of BD dual light that replaces the factory fogs entirely. I dont care how many thousands of functional lumens it spits out, the way it sits in that fog space is just bu** ugly in my opinion. Functional yes, esthetically pleasant not really.

Excellent inquiry. I wondered the same thing just never asked the question. I’m also not a fan of BD dual light that replaces the factory fogs entirely. I dont care how many thousands of functional lumens it spits out, the way it sits in that fog space is just bu** ugly in my opinion. Functional yes, esthetically pleasant not really.
I also searched for something to put in the pocket under the factory fog. I too wanted it to look like it was OEM

Couldn’t find anything better than that BD lights and had the black metal housing color matched to my bumper.

I don’t think it’s butt ugly at all. But hey. Different strokes for different folks!

Photo for reference. Factory fog on left. BD fogs I installed on right.

Attachments

• 08F56DF9-B1DC-4CDE-8F8D-EAE513CD0CD7.jpeg
    08F56DF9-B1DC-4CDE-8F8D-EAE513CD0CD7.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 283
I also searched for something to put in the pocket under the factory fog. I too wanted it to look like it was OEM

Couldn’t find anything better than that BD lights and had the black metal housing color matched to my bumper.

I don’t think it’s butt ugly at all. But hey. Different strokes for different folks!

I'm inspired by your setup. Ordered the BD system, where did you get the paint for color matching, or did you have someone do it?

Yours is the cleanest, most blended-in look of the setup that i’ve seen. You made it look like a part of your bumper. With my reference i was thinking more of the picture they have up on their site, where the whole setup just looks like it doesn't belong there. Again, thats just one man’s opinion. Im not looking to offend anyone with it.

Attachments

• DB8AE433-13F8-403B-9AF8-4A16DF80A76C.jpeg
    DB8AE433-13F8-403B-9AF8-4A16DF80A76C.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 208
I will keep the stock led fog/driving light too. I prefer it. It would be nice to see a purpose designed additional led below it, but I’ve yet to find one that doesn’t look out of place.

Really like this look, nice and clean

I’m Assuming the BD lights come with everything needed & you just had the mount color matched, need to go look at BD’s web page I do

How hard is it to adjust/align the lights to get them how you want, I’ve seen kits that once you install em, you have very little to no adjustment & what you get, you get

Yours is the cleanest, most blended-in look of the setup that i’ve seen. You made it look like a part of your bumper. With my reference i was thinking more of the picture they have up on their site, where the whole setup just looks like it doesn't belong there. Again, thats just one man’s opinion. Im not looking to offend anyone with it.
No offense taken

View attachment 39519
Is this your truck? I was about to pull the trigger on these but then I realized how angled that lower section is to flush mount them…. Aren’t your lights pointing towards the side of the road? How bright are these smaller S2’s? Thanks

Latest Discussions

Back