auto lock doors when walking away

Fourwheelinj1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat Tremor 7.3 Carbonized Gray
just got my 22 tremor lariat. It has push button start and the doors will automatically unlock when i go to open them if i have the key in my pocket. It however does not automatically lock the doors when you walk away like my wifes honda does. Any way of making it do that? I like never having to get my keys out.

just got my 22 tremor lariat. It has push button start and the doors will automatically unlock when i go to open them if i have the key in my pocket. It however does not automatically lock the doors when you walk away like my wifes honda does. Any way of making it do that? I like never having to get my keys out.
Press the black button on handle when doors are closed it will lock

Wondering if this is an option through FORScan. Maybe in one of Lincoln modes? It's a nice peace of mind feature knowing the doors lock automatically.

Last edited:
I get why many would like this, but I rarely lock my doors unless I'm in the city. Personally I don't like living any place that I feel I have to lock stuff up. That's become more rare by the day it seems. I guess if it was a feature you could turn on and off with the sync screen settings it would be nice.

I get why many would like this, but I rarely lock my doors unless I'm in the city. Personally I don't like living any place that I feel I have to lock stuff up. That's become more rare by the day it seems. I guess if it was a feature you could turn on and off with the sync screen settings it would be nice.
I wish that was the case here in CA, I have too much stuff in my truck that I need for work. Often times my hands are full or just simply forget to lock the doors. People here seem to have no sense of morals any longer. It is nice having the Ford Pass App on my phone so I can check lock the doors if I am not sure of the truck's status.

Bringing this one back. Is there a way to auto lock the truck when you walk away with the key fob?

I think the answer is NO. I would love to be proven wrong. It would be nice to have … cheers 🍻

the doors will automatically unlock when i go to open them

No way to do this on our trucks. Going back to the original post, the reason it opens is the sensor on the handle. It will lock the same way - using the sensor on the handle. It doesn't really "automatically" unlock... No magic happening here. :p

Yeah, first world problems, I had this discussion with my youngest a few days ago as she was complaining about car keys/fobs etc.

I told her back in the day you got two keys, one door, one ignition, make sure you are trying to shove the right one into the right lock cause life's hard...

No way to do this on our trucks. Going back to the original post, the reason it opens is the sensor on the handle. It will lock the same way - using the sensor on the handle. It doesn't really "automatically" unlock... No magic happening here. :p
I was about to say, I'm pretty sure the truck doesn't unlock by sensing the key coming near the truck. You have to actually touch the inside of the handle for it to 'automatically' unlock. At least from what I understand and have read.

No, but just rest your thumb on the black pad on the outside of the door handle. Or press the bottom 2 keypad buttons at the same time.
Yeah, less so for me. My other half is notorious for forgetting to lock the vehicle.

Her RDX Type S, I’ve turned out the walk away locks after her stuff got stolen from the inside of her car.

Just lock the doors whenever you exit and leave the truck, and don’t forget. Either the black button or the key fob will get the job done. Problem solved and there won’t be anyone else to blame!

Just lock the doors whenever you exit and leave the truck, and don’t forget. Either the black button or the key fob will get the job done. Problem solved and there won’t be anyone else to blame!
I've got no issues with it. It's when my other half drives the truck.

Removing different failure modes.

I've got no issues with it. It's when my other half drives the truck.

Removing different failure modes.
My wife had the same issue forgetting to lock her car. Her new Enclave has the auto lock feature and it's been wonderful! She refuses to drive my truck(it's too big), so it's a non issue for me as I'm OCD about making sure mine is locked.

I have a 2023 tremor lariat ultimate and I swear it has unlocked and locked automatically walking up to it and walking away without touching anything. I’m trying to figure out what is the trick. I wonder if it’s when the key fob is in my coat pocket and is up closer to the door handle.

I have a 2023 tremor lariat ultimate and I swear it has unlocked and locked automatically walking up to it and walking away without touching anything. I’m trying to figure out what is the trick. I wonder if it’s when the key fob is in my coat pocket and is up closer to the door handle.
Same here. Wont lock in the reverse of that but Im OCD about locking it and have had it unlock many times by walking up to it when it wakes up. Not every time but frequently enough that I notice it. Not sure why it happens.

Back