Audio Upgrade MTI Acoustics

I'd love to know more about this install. Like, you mentioned you didn't have to cut or splice anything, which is always nice. What wires did you have to run? Was there existing wiring to the factory amp that allowed you to do a lot without having to run new lines? Pictures? I know the thread is a few months old, but would love to chat about this for sure. I honestly don't mind the B&O system, and planned on doing some sound deadening just because. But you price isn't bad if it makes a huge difference in sound, and doesn't sacrifice function. Then I can install speakers/sound deadening at the same time.
The only new wires I had to run were the power and ground for the amplifier, and new speaker wire for the tweeters. If you have specific questions I'd be more than happy to answer them for you. I don't have any pictures of the install since I really wasn't making a diy post, when I start getting into it I just keep going!

You've given me some great info already! I may reach out if/when I do this. So the tweeters you used, were they able to go into the stock location, or you ended up mounting them somewhere else? Anyway, thanks again!

You've given me some great info already! I may reach out if/when I do this. So the tweeters you used, were they able to go into the stock location, or you ended up mounting them somewhere else? Anyway, thanks again!
Yes, required some trimming on the backside of the factory mounting locations but can't tell once the A-pillars are back on. Funny thing is the factory tweeters are the only speakers not run off of the factory amp. They're running off of the head unit, so even if you didn't replace them, they would still work!

Makes me think of just doing a 2-way coaxial in the front spot and just leave the factory tweeters untouched. I doubt that would make a detrimental difference either way. Now, if only my truck would get here!

Makes me think of just doing a 2-way coaxial in the front spot and just leave the factory tweeters untouched. I doubt that would make a detrimental difference either way. Now, if only my truck would get here!
Nah, the replacement tweeters are well worth it! Factory ones are dismal. Night and day difference.

Did you do anything to the center speaker? I thought there was one on top of the dash

Hi Spankee,
Thanks for your useful information this is perfect for me in Aus as no audio suppliers here have a clue how to intergrate to Fords A2B, I’m keen to order one and have it shipped to Australia I just wanted to touch base and double check you’ve had this installed a while now and have you experienced any glitches or problems with the NavTv A2B at all? Has it worked seemlessly without any issues. I think the stock B&O sounds pretty good but it sure is a shame the volume stops at 30 and the sub dies off so that is my reason to wanting upgrade like you have.

secondly do you know if the NavTv A2B can take an aftermarket phone mic input as my truck suffers from low volume mic on CarPlay and I don’t have a super duty dealer here in Australia that will diagnose and replace for me so I was hoping I could maybe plug in a new one to the A2B or did your A2B fox your stock mic issues ?

thanks again legends !!

Hi Spankee,
Thanks for your useful information this is perfect for me in Aus as no audio suppliers here have a clue how to intergrate to Fords A2B, I’m keen to order one and have it shipped to Australia I just wanted to touch base and double check you’ve had this installed a while now and have you experienced any glitches or problems with the NavTv A2B at all? Has it worked seemlessly without any issues. I think the stock B&O sounds pretty good but it sure is a shame the volume stops at 30 and the sub dies off so that is my reason to wanting upgrade like you have.

secondly do you know if the NavTv A2B can take an aftermarket phone mic input as my truck suffers from low volume mic on CarPlay and I don’t have a super duty dealer here in Australia that will diagnose and replace for me so I was hoping I could maybe plug in a new one to the A2B or did your A2B fox your stock mic issues ?

thanks again legends !!
Hello, the unit had been pretty good. No issues yet. It does not have a mic input unfortunately. Have you tried getting the factory mic replaced? That could be your problem, people can hear me fine in mine. Wouldn't be the first time it went bad.

Hello, the unit had been pretty good. No issues yet. It does not have a mic input unfortunately. Have you tried getting the factory mic replaced? That could be your problem, people can hear me fine in mine. Wouldn't be the first time it went bad.
Thanks
Unfortunately I would have to order one from a dealer in America and replace myself I think. Would anyone be able to help on the correct part number of such and how to get to it as I use my truck everyday for work like an office so it’s pretty important to me

Love that MTI box for behind the seat and the amp rack! I am looking at a similar config - same AMP and SUB but JL C3-650 speakers front and rear. Thanks for posting this!
I've been debating between the C3-650 in both front and rear, or going with those in the rear, and the C7 stuff in the front. Not sure I can fit the proper amp setup though in that space behind the seat. C3 would probably do well enough and sound great.

Well, looking into this after searching for upgrade options, I see this is in College Station - just over an hour from where I live! Wonder if they do installs?

Thanks
Unfortunately I would have to order one from a dealer in America and replace myself I think. Would anyone be able to help on the correct part number of such and how to get to it as I use my truck everyday for work like an office so it’s pretty important to me
Just thinking out loud, but I assume your truck is right hand drive? Would it be possible the microphone array is expecting someone to be sitting in the left seat rather than the right? Maybe take all the mics out and flip their positions? I know in my ram truck the passenger was super quiet compared to the driver when talking on the phone. Always assume the microphone was designed for driver and passenger was getting canceled out by the noise cancelation.

Well, looking into this after searching for upgrade options, I see this is in College Station - just over an hour from where I live! Wonder if they do installs?
They do! I have an appointment penciled in next month when my truck arrives. I am going with the behind the seat sub and amp, with a Stage 1 (maybe II) kit (replacing all door speakers with very high quality Focal models) and all the sound insulation that comes with. Shoot them an email and they'll be glad to talk! I'm just two hours away, so I'll it'll be a one day install.

Last edited:
Back