ATTENTION 7.3 OWNERS, COOLING FAN ON MANY ENGINES HAVE THE WRONG FAN!!!

Sounds like a good plan. Buyback was the only option for me as they couldn't fix it and more computer issues kept popping up. While I am happy, I would not wish the experience on anyone.

MY Brand new 2021 F250 SRW 4x4 Crew cab with 7.3L DEVCT NA PFI V8 engine broke down after 305.7 Miles.
"Engine Coolant Over Temperature" light came on.
Purchase date 7/9/2021
Break down date 7/11/2021
Ford wanted to charge me almost $200.00 to tow my brand new ford into the shop. I was 350 miles away from home.
Ford told me that they would not give me a loaner vehicle, any compensation for a room, or transportation to where ever I had to stay for the night.
Newberg OR Ford dealership found that they had the "incorrect cooling fan installed, fan is incorrect rotation. r&r fan and retest no further concerns at this" 7-14-2021
Waiting to see is Ford will give me anything now?????

Attachments

• ford.JPG
    ford.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 157
  • stupid-light.jpg
    stupid-light.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 156
MY Brand new 2021 F250 SRW 4x4 Crew cab with 7.3L DEVCT NA PFI V8 engine broke down after 305.7 Miles.
Purchase date 7/9/2021
Ford wanted to charge me almost $200.00 to tow my brand new ford into the shop. I was 350 miles away from home.
Ford told me that they would not give me a loaner vehicle, any compensation for a room, or transportation to where ever I had to stay for the night.
Newberg OR Ford dealership found that they had the "incorrect cooling fan installed, fan is incorrect rotation. r&r fan and retest no further concerns at this" 7-14-2021
Look at how hot your tranny fluid was in the picture. Even towing 20k uphill in 100° heat my needle was never over that far.

Purchase date 7/9/2021
I hired a lemon law lawyer and got 8k out of Ford.

Note to self: adding checking the fan orientation to my receiving checklist.

Anyone know which way the fan turns (clockwise or counter-clockwise)? Without knowing that obviously can't tell if the blades are pitched incorrectly.

Just checked mine. Hadn't experienced any issues but you never know. Mine is right. ?

Just checked mine. Hadn't experienced any issues but you never know. Mine is right. ?
How did you know it was right? Is the direction of rotation marked under the hood somewhere?

(Don't have my truck yet, but planning to check this when I receive it.)

How did you know it was right? Is the direction of rotation marked under the hood somewhere?

(Don't have my truck yet, but planning to check this when I receive it.)
The quickest is to start it and hold your hand over the intake manifold. You should feel air blowing strong toward the windshield. Also once you see the direction it's turning, the blades should slope in the direction to move air toward the engine.

Last edited:
The quickest is to start it and hold your hand over the intake manifold. You should feel air blowing strong toward the windshield. Also once you see the direction it's turning, the veins should slope in the direction to move air toward the engine.
Ok awesome, thanks! Ya, I suppose it's possible to see the direction of rotation by starting the engine. ?‍♂️

Was 8k worth all the aggravation?
Question is why would it not be? Should you sit there and let Ford screw you over? With all these issues and lemon law cases ford is betting that you will give up. Just like with Toyota in my case. As they see you’re not gonna give up they usually buy it back so they can resell it. Once it’s labeled a lemon they cannot resell it.

Purchase date 7/9/2021

FORD will give me NOTHING for my troubles! 7-15-21! Gotta love customer service.

This is interesting and has me wondering on mine!!

I only have about 1700 miles on my truck and last month we were on a trip with it when the AC starting acting up. It would basically start off blowing cool air but after about 10 to 15 miles of driving the air coming from the vents would start getting warmer and more humid.

We made it home and I ended up taking it to the dealership. The dealership claimed that they flushed the AC system and refilled it with freon as they believed it was low??? I picked it up drove home and it worked fine but.......dealership to home is only about 6 miles or so.

I'm thinking I better check the fan!!

Does anyone have what the correct part number would be and if there is spot a guy could located the part number???

it's easy to check the fan just open the hood with the engine running you'll feel the air blowing over the engine if you don't feel the air then it's the wrong fan. i just did it with my 7.3 & you can feel the air it's like a little hurricane under your hood. ? ??(y)?

Purchase date 7/9/2021
Just another FORD update!
I had a nice rock bounce off the window on the way up from Reno.
Put in an insurance claim and they hired Cascade auto glass.
Cascade verified what window I needed with the VIN!
Cascade Auto glass just left stating that it is the wrong window. 7-19-2021!
Maybe ford should hire someone to update what parts it puts on what vehicles!
Even if they are the wrong part numbers!

Just another FORD update!
I had a nice rock bounce off the window on the way up from Reno.
Put in an insurance claim and they hired Cascade auto glass.
Cascade verified what window I needed with the VIN!
Cascade Auto glass just left stating that it is the wrong window. 7-19-2021!
Maybe ford should hire someone to update what parts it puts on what vehicles!
Even if they are the wrong part numbers!
When was your truck built? I just had my windshield replaced because there were black specs in the glass itself right in my line of sight. Seems like the new windshield is different than the old.

Note to self: adding checking the fan orientation to my receiving checklist.

Anyone know which way the fan turns (clockwise or counter-clockwise)? Without knowing that obviously can't tell if the blades are pitched incorrectly.
Of course you can. Simply look at the fan and see which way it would turn to pull air through the radiator. Then start the engine and see which way it is turning. Simple.

Of course you can. Simply look at the fan and see which way it would turn to pull air through the radiator. Then start the engine and see which way it is turning. Simple.
Yep! From above:
The quickest is to start it and hold your hand over the intake manifold. You should feel air blowing strong toward the windshield. Also once you see the direction it's turning, the blades should slope in the direction to move air toward the engine.

Ok awesome, thanks! Ya, I suppose it's possible to see the direction of rotation by starting the engine. ?‍♂️

Back