ARB Twin compressor

surfscottydog

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Handsome Jack. 2022, F250 Tremor with four wheel camper, Fleet. All the bells and whistle‘s that I might need
Current Ride #2
Subaru Outback
Hey people, I nee help bad!
i need help on wiring up my arb twin (2 motors) compressor. The compressor has 2 big red wires with in line 40 amp fuses and two big black wires that are factory spliced into one wire. i want to wire the compressor to my upfitter switch, #6 but can’t seem to fig it out. I keep blowing the upfitter fuse about half way through airing up my tire.
Anyone want to hold my hand and walk me through this, step by step? I can sure use the help, no pride here on this topic

The big wires go to the battery and frame. I think it was the purple wire from the smaller connector goes to the upfitter wire.

The big wires go to the battery and frame. I think it was the purple wire from the smaller connector goes to the upfitter wire.
Yep, this.

Connect the black to a ground near the compressor and the red to the battery positive. On the second connector only run the purple to the upfitter.

If OCD like I was use this connector and run one wire place of the purple so you dont have to worry about the other wires.

Last edited:
Yep both big reds go to the battery to power each motor, black to ground, and purple to upfitter #6

You are using the up fitter switch for a relay. I got some heavy gauge wire in red and black for my install got about 30' of each.
Also used up fitter #6 and did the trick so it will turn on when the truck is not on.

I guess I have to find a purple wire, not sure I even have one

I guess I have to find a purple wire, not sure I even have one

You should have two harnesses that attach to the compressor.

This is the first for ground and power:
1681343557317.png

The other harness has the whole bunch of wires:
1681343714514.png

Just use this plug from that harness, using only the purple wire to your designated upfitter 1-6. I saved my 5 and 6 for devices to use with truck off.
1681343779620.png

HEY, THANK YOU for all your help here. I got it done just like you guys said and it worked just like you guys said. I couldn’t be happier or more thankful for you help.

The compressor is mounted just under the overhang on the side of my camper in the bed of the truck. I have a short hose going from it to an air pipe that I mounted in front of the camper, behind the cab of the truck along the top of the bed. The air pipe runs the width, with air fittings at the end of each side, passenger and driver.
I attach my hose to one of the ends and fill my tires there. I use an ARB air nozzle to do so. I hope that answers your question

HEY, THANK YOU for all your help here. I got it done just like you guys said and it worked just like you guys said. I couldn’t be happier or more thankful for you help.
Glad you got it working! I used mine today to fill up trailer tires, it is super handy and you will love having it onboard

Back