Annoying Rattle In back of cab

The rattle in my back seat is always from the seat belt tabs. Some trucks have a little clip or keeper for them. This one doesn't.

My rattle comes from over the right knee of the driver somewhere in the dash. Not all the time. F350 Ultimate Lariat.

My 2004 had an annoying rattle behind the cab. It was in a spot where the cab meets the bed. I am guessing a rubber gasket or some other type of sound buffer finally wore out. I purchased a large foam display board like would be used for a science project display. Make sure it is foam. I took a piece about 1' by 3' and shoved it down in the center area between the cab and the bed. Worked perfectly. No more rattle.

Update on the door rattle, Although better it still haunted me once in a while. I finally pulled of the read door weatherstrip and pulled a 3/8" nylon rope through the onside of it and reinstalled on the truck. Great fix and finally no rattle at all!. This rope took up space in the weatherstrip and made it a bit more stiff and cushions the door better so no rattle. The door closes exactly the way it always has, no extra effort.

my 2022 has a rattle behinde the right passenger seat I'm pretty sure its the seat latch need to get some body to ride back there and grab the seat lever or anything that moves and see if it will stop and I also have a rattle under the driver side dash its probably a harness conector touching something. I thought ford test drives the new stuff befor they ship it.

I found my noise tonight it’s the 2 speed clips that are behind the metal plate that holds the amplifier. I will get 2 next week. I started removing parts till I found it.

Heard something for the first time this morning pulling out of the driveway. Thought it was a critter under the truck, or a stick stuck to the tread and flung up into the wheel well.
Went out to look, and think it's just the driver's side seat belt clip. No big deal :unsure:
Flipped the rear seat back forward, and realized the subwoofer is there for the first time. Guess I won't be putting my pull strap and other tools back there like I did on other trucks

Last edited:
My friends Truck I fixed tonight it was the 3 seat belt on rear for child seat we’re not centered and the center retractor on seat belt has a t slot put duck tape on it once I uninstalled it out back together all fixed and quiet.

Check your doors for loose/extra rivets that were left in at the factory. If you open the door quickly and move it back and forth you can hear them roll around. See this post:

So I’m not alone!! Drives me frickin nuts. Sounds to me like it’s coming from the rear outside maybe the bed? To me it reminds me of a loose shock that is bouncing and making that clatter noise when it’s loose. I hope I find the culprit with one of these suggestions on here. It’s only at low speeds slow enough and quiet enough you can hear it. 😩

I had a rattle that I thought was coming from the back seat at slow speeds around the neighborhood and parking lots. It was making me sycotic. Finally realized it was when I wasn't wearing my seatbelt like I should. Belt insert was hitting the console. Always wear my seatbelt and problem solved.

So I’m not alone!! Drives me frickin nuts. Sounds to me like it’s coming from the rear outside maybe the bed? To me it reminds me of a loose shock that is bouncing and making that clatter noise when it’s loose. I hope I find the culprit with one of these suggestions on here. It’s only at low speeds slow enough and quiet enough you can hear it. 😩
Check that rear door rattling on the striker. Pull off the weatherstrip and fish a rope thru it and leave there to shim the door out. Worked on mine!

Do you have a photo of this mod?
No sorry I do not. This is very easy to do and is not visible when installed. The weather strip on the body opening comes off very easy and this strip is hollow and also is very soft and pliable. Being so soft it allows the door to move on the striker. By pulling a 3/8 rope through the hollow of the weatherstrip it gives it some bulk while still staying pliable and sealing the door. This bulk allows the door to be held more secure against the weatherstrip and alleviated the movement and the rattle. Drive the truck at slow speed with someone in he rear seat, have them apply outward pressure to the rear door, If the rattle is gone this is the fix.

No sorry I do not. This is very easy to do and is not visible when installed. The weather strip on the body opening comes off very easy and this strip is hollow and also is very soft and pliable. Being so soft it allows the door to move on the striker. By pulling a 3/8 rope through the hollow of the weatherstrip it gives it some bulk while still staying pliable and sealing the door. This bulk allows the door to be held more secure against the weatherstrip and alleviated the movement and the rattle. Drive the truck at slow speed with someone in he rear seat, have them apply outward pressure to the rear door, If the rattle is gone this is the fix.
You likely could adjust your door to shut tighter or looser too. I’ve done that on latches before. Does ford not have adjustment? It’s typically in the door latch portion.

You may have only been on the first click of the door latch. If the striker is not adjusted correctly. Too far in toward the cab you will only latch the door on the first click. It will adjust correctly and sit flush but will move back and forth and rattle. I’ve adjusted many a ford door and as far as I know they still have two clicks to the latch.

Update on the door rattle, Although better it still haunted me once in a while. I finally pulled of the read door weatherstrip and pulled a 3/8" nylon rope through the onside of it and reinstalled on the truck. Great fix and finally no rattle at all!. This rope took up space in the weatherstrip and made it a bit more stiff and cushions the door better so no rattle. The door closes exactly the way it always has, no extra effort.
I'm sure I have the same issue. Sounds like a loose seat or something heavy. Like a k kick knock knock when going over low speed regular road bumps etc

Back