Annoying in cab lighting issue.

sillawydna

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'21 Tremor 6.7
Went mounting biking last night and it was pouring down rain, so after I turned the truck off, I hopped in the back seat to change.

After the interior lights timed out and turned themselves off, I turned on one of the rear lights manually so I could see. When I was ready and opened the door and got out, I went to turn out that rear light but I couldn’t because opening the door automatically turns on all the interior lights. I shut the door and hit the lock button, and all the other lights went out, but the rear light remained on.

The only way I could figure to turn that light off was to get in the truck, start the motor so the interior lights would go out, then reach back and turn off the rear light.

Is it really that stupid, or am I that stupid?

"Is it really that stupid, or am I that stupid?"

Don't go there, braj! I was gunna go out try it in Mjölnir but it's not raining. You might have to wait a few months. 🤡

Something similar has happened to me. The kids leave the light on in the back, open the door to shut it off……but no, that would be too easy. I thought that I could hit the button even if the light is on from door being open like in vehicles of the past to turn it off but no. So, sorta like you I sat in the truck (without starting) it and waited for all the other lights to go out so I could turn off the light in the back. So I think it is that stupid or I’m stupid too!

I thought the map lights were "double" wired. I.e. come on with the door opening or come on with manual on / off. So if you turn on manual, you have to turn off manual. My daughters new Honda had the same thing. Could be wrong, my wife says it happens a lot.

Last edited:
I thought the map lights were "double" wired. I.e. come on with the door opening or come on with manual on / off. So if you turn on manual, you have to turn off manual. My girls new Honda had the same thing. Could be wrong, my wife says it happens a lot.
Yeah, but the problem is you can’t turn them off manually (if turned on manually) when they come on automatically it seems.

Last edited:
yea this has puzzled me a couple of times. it seems they don't respond to on-off toggles when the doors are opening and closing. You can use the kill all button until you have time to deal with it later.

Back