7 weeks since ordering and no VIN!

I stopped by my dealer when I was still deciding on my color. It was like mid-morning so really dead. I just started roaming the lot. After a few minutes some salesman-in-training (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) waddles up to me (nearly exhausted from his 50 yard hike) and cheerily asks if he can 'help' me. Long story short - this guy could not have spelled MIT and he was not capable of helping me, especially after I told him I was dealing directly with his boss. He got all flustered and said

"But he's the Sales Manager!"

"So you're gonna go tell him that he can't sell me a truck?"

He then gave me his card and practically begged me to put in a good word for him. I almost felt sorry for him!
Funny stuff, and very likely not fake news! I've run across a few of those types in my day.

You cannot have a build date without having a VIN... period. I agree with you about the salt in PA.
That is what I was gathering from this thread and others I was reading. So, I was a little surprised when I was told no VIN. Since I don't need the truck at the moment anyway I didn't question them. We have an agreement on what I'm getting on trade for my current truck, and I think it's more than a fair price. So, at this point they're the ones taking on the risk of a market shift making it harder to move my trade vehicle if the new build takes too long. It is what it is.

That is what I was gathering from this thread and others I was reading. So, I was a little surprised when I was told no VIN. Since I don't need the truck at the moment anyway I didn't question them. We have an agreement on what I'm getting on trade for my current truck, and I think it's more than a fair price. So, at this point they're the ones taking on the risk of a market shift making it harder to move my trade vehicle if the new build takes too long. It is what it is.
If you have them locked in on your trade value (I doubt you really do) that's great. My experience is that they will try to fudge with that number at the end, find flaws, mileage issues, etc... but some dealers don't play that way, so you might be lucky. :) I don't need my truck delivered until late March, early April so I was happy to hear about a possible late January delivery ... I won't be too disappointed if it does not happen. If I had my truck earlier than expected, of course I would use it (for fun & leisure) ... but I don't really need to until the Spring thaw and then it will be used every free moment to get my new property ready for building, hauling trailers full of whatever needed (rocks, dirt, lumber, etc). My needs are for a basic Super Duty, but my wife also understands the Fun & Leisure part, so TREMOR it is!

Manager said ford is pulling my order tomorrow!! I’d say Brian was the problem, 3 days after they fire him and I have a truck coming!

Well I finally got my VIN today!!

Ordered 11/19/ 20
VIN 01/19/21
Build Week 02/22/21

F350 7.3L Velocity Blue Lariat with Black appearance pkg.

Can't wait!!

Latest Discussions

Back