6.7 and 7.3 front ride height

Andrewm

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Tesla
I have a question about the 7.3 stock ride height. What is the 7.3 height from ground to top of fender? My 6.7 is 41 3/4"

I have a 6.7 and I think the 6.7 sit like 1-2" lower. Also, do the 6.7 and 7.3 use the same track bar? If so, a simple spacer will be fine to level and then adjust steering angle a tiny bit.

Can someone correct my thoughts please!

8E630349-8C93-4954-9E01-A708A0B707FA.jpeg

E9E2AA3A-F951-45AE-80BF-15ED4715C9DC.jpeg

7.3 before and after lift with 55psi in the tires.

I can measure in a bit, from the hub, if someone hasn’t beat me to it.

Definitely interested in this since in theory the different coils should result in the same ride height, assuming Ford did the math correctly.

I can measure in a bit, from the hub, if someone hasn’t beat me to it.

Definitely interested in this since in theory the different coils should result in the same ride height, assuming Ford did the math correctly.
I didn't know they changed coils. I just had a theory and wanted to put it to rest. I know the 6.7 weights more, and mine looks lower so had me wondering

I didn't know they changed coils. I just had a theory and wanted to put it to rest. I know the 6.7 weights more, and mine looks lower so had me wondering
Ah yep. The different engines get different coils to account for that weight difference. Could still be a difference in ride height though!

Ah yep. The different engines get different coils to account for that weight difference. Could still be a difference in ride height though!
Different engines but also different packages. Ford has a program that determines the front springs. Things like Snow Plow prep, Ambulance Prep, Heavy front prep, RV prep, etc. are also all factored in when choosing the springs.

Different engines but also different packages. Ford has a program that determines the front springs. Things like Snow Plow prep, Ambulance Prep, Heavy front prep, RV prep, etc. are also all factored in when choosing the springs.
I should have done the snow plow prep ha. How far over do y'all think a 2" block would push the axle over?

I should have done the snow plow prep ha. How far over do y'all think a 2" block would push the axle over?
I wouldn’t do just a spacer type lift if this is what you’re referring to. If you’re fine with the stock spring rate and just want to bring the front end up I would do:
One Up Off-road adjustable coil levelers, shock drop brackets, caster shim (or adjustable radius arm drop bracket), track bar, sway bar drop and bump stop drop.

I wouldn’t do just a spacer type lift if this is what you’re referring to. If you’re fine with the stock spring rate and just want to bring the front end up I would do:
One Up Off-road adjustable coil levelers, shock drop brackets, caster shim (or adjustable radius arm drop bracket), track bar, sway bar drop and bump stop drop.
I think I might go for a Carli 2.5 or whatever next year or at least when it's time for new tires. I want 37s eventually and I'll be happy.

You think I'll be fine with a small block. They're like $50 on Amazon. I can make the steering adjustments... Might take a few drives but I'm afraid the differential is going to be pushed over too far.

why not just go with a 2 or 2.5" block in the rear. Then you're not monkeying with front suspension and the bed of the truck is easier to access.

I think I might go for a Carli 2.5 or whatever next year or at least when it's time for new tires. I want 37s eventually and I'll be happy.

You think I'll be fine with a small block. They're like $50 on Amazon. I can make the steering adjustments... Might take a few drives but I'm afraid the differential is going to be pushed over too far.
There’s certainly a lot of people using the Ready lift spacers. It should be fine for short term solution if you’re going with a quality setup in the future.

Went ahead and bought a 1.5" block. I'll try and update how it goes. The block was $35 so I'm not going to be upset if I have to throw it away

Back