35's or 37's?

With the amount of TQ this motor puts out. Not hardly unless you are towing close to max in the mountains maybe.
Still F’s up your final drive that’s just a fact, a lot of trans builders won’t warranty a built trans unless you prove you did a gear swap when running bigger than 35’s that’s another fact

Still F’s up your final drive that’s just a fact, a lot of trans builders won’t warranty a built trans unless you prove you did a gear swap when running bigger than 35’s that’s another fact
Well you are using the wrong transmission folks. I have had more than a couple of those and never had that issue. All while running a lot more HP and TQ than this truck puts out. Not going to argue with you about it though. ;)

Well you are using the wrong transmission folks. I have had more than a couple of those and never had that issue. All while running a lot more HP and TQ than this truck puts out. Not going to argue with you about it though. ;)
Bahahaha

I recall seeing @BLACKCHERRY mentioning that our 3.55 gears on tremor powerstrokes is perfectly fine to run 37s and even 38s. I trust that Dan knows his stuff developing suspension systems for Superduties.
I can smoke my 38s with the factory 3.55s and advanced-trac off. Gears-Schmears.

I run a 315 70r18 (35.6 x 12.4) Yokohama geolandar mt, It's one hell of a tire , it's a perfect medium between stock and 37's.
20211024_165334.jpg
20211023_101754.jpg
20211023_101820.jpg
20211022_165609.jpg

I love your setup. Super clean looking and tucked in. All but decided on the method NVs 305 with black bolt replacements. Did you go with HD version of the wheel or standard

I love your setup. Super clean looking and tucked in. All but decided on the method NVs 305 with black bolt replacements. Did you go with HD version of the wheel or standard?
Thanks! I just went with the standard wheels

Last edited:
Not sure that it F’s it up, but 37s lower the ratio to roughly a 3.31 gear which is one of the factory options from Ford on a non-Tremor SD. Will your trans builders warranty a stock Ford with 3.31s?

Gear Ratio Calculator

1643400484031.png

I hardly noticed the difference between 35s and 37s on my Tremor, which was very different from when I added 37s to my Raptor with its 4.11s. My steering and braking on the Raptor were greatly affected by the taller/heavier tires, and not in a good way. I added an MPT 93PRX tune which bumped my Raptor’s HP by 80+, so in the end, it was really more about the heavy feeling while driving.

Last edited:
Not sure that it F’s it up, but 37s lower the ratio to roughly a 3.31 gear which is one of the factory options from Ford on a non-Tremor SD. Will your trans builders warranty a stock Ford with 3.31s?

I hardly noticed the difference between 35s and 37s on Tremor, which was very different from when I added 37s to my Raptor with its 4.11s. My steering and braking on the Raptor were greatly affected by the taller/heavier tires, and not in a good way. I added an MPT 93PRX tune which bumped my Raptor’s HP by 80+, so in the end, it was really more about the heavy feeling while driving.
The bigger the tire drops the ratio which is obvious it also puts a lot more stress on the trans and those trucks with 3.31’s aren’t running 35’s or bigger from the factory now maybe the 10 speed trans is making up for some but this is all common knowledge. Honestly it doesn’t matter to me what somebody does with their truck just info, I’ve seen a slew of problems over the past 20 years do to this especially in the diesel performance world because of the high torque output the higher that ratio gets the more strain gets taken up by the trans. Any high end trans shop that builds competition transmissions will tell you this ie revmax, suncoast, firepunk, red horse take your pick

The bigger the tire drops the ratio which is obvious it also puts a lot more stress on the trans and those trucks with 3.31’s aren’t running 35’s or bigger from the factory now maybe the 10 speed trans is making up for some but this is all common knowledge. Honestly it doesn’t matter to me what somebody does with their truck just info, I’ve seen a slew of problems over the past 20 years do to this especially in the diesel performance world because of the high torque output the higher that ratio gets the more strain gets taken up by the trans. Any high end trans shop that builds competition transmissions will tell you this ie revmax, suncoast, firepunk, red horse take your pick

Gear ratios and tire/wheel weights are two different aspects to consider when upgrading your truck. (You initially only mentioned the gear ratios F'in up the final drive and voiding the trans builders warranty)

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it is possible to add a much heavier tire/wheel in the same height to a stock truck without affecting the gear ratio. It is also possible to find a taller tire that weighs the same or less then a factory tire which would only affect the gear ratio and not the unsprung weight. (I have gone both ways in the past with other trucks)

As you stated, it does not matter to either of us what others do to their trucks... ;)

Gear ratios and tire/wheel weights are two different aspects to consider when upgrading your truck. (You initially only mentioned the gear ratios F'in up the final drive and voiding the trans builders warranty)

I am not trying to be argumentative, but it is possible to add a much heavier tire/wheel in the same height to a stock truck without affecting the gear ratio. It is also possible to find a taller tire that weighs the same or less then a factory tire which would only affect the gear ratio and not the unsprung weight. (I have gone both ways in the past with other trucks)

As you stated, it does not matter to either of us what others do to their trucks... ;)
I wasn’t talking about weights which would be part of it every tire has a revs per mile the taller the tire the lower revs per mile which lowers your final drive, most don’t care about this stuff I guess my old racing days are still in there a bit from when I was building 1000+hp trucks lol so when you’re talking that much hp and massive torque anything that affects the trans matters greatly, not so much in stock form except maybe making it a little doggy

Just got my Tremor today and i'm gonna order wheels and tires on Monday, mostly because of the +40 offset on the stockers. I was thinking 35" Ridge Grapplers and 18" -12 offset Methods. Now i'm starting to think I may just want to go with a Carli level and 37's. Any disadvantages to going that route? Does it effect the factory warranty? The bigger tires just as good for towing?
Not sure why people who order tremors from the get go just didn't order a FX4 and then upgraded the suspension and tires etc. Could had saved 5k right there to begin with . Why get a tremor if you going to replace stuff right off the bat.

Not sure why people who order tremors from the get go just didn't order a FX4 and then upgraded the suspension and tires etc. Could had saved 5k right there to begin with . Why get a tremor if you going to replace stuff right off the bat.
This exact argument is as old as the tremor package itself😊

i was articulating the same point until i eventually ordered a tremor too. There are dozens of threads which discuss the reasons for a Tremor outside of just suspension and dozens more which discuss selling tremor suspension/wheel&tires goodies to recoup the cost while keeping the rest of the package in place.

But ultimately the absolute best reasoning i heard from people is this: because i want a Tremor and i can afford a tremor package and swap out the suspension at the same time.

I personally think this argument is sweet! It’s my money and i’ll spend it the way i want to.

Actually that is not the case - if you build out a Lariat - min trim for a Tremor it is $64,050- do a Lariat add in 4x4, FX4, 7.3L motor, 4.30 LS rear axel, sport package and $64,500 - So Tremor is actually cheaper! I did a 2022 (got in Dec 2021) and my MSRP was over $90,285 - you then add options - to match my Tremor build in options - cost of Lariat FX4 was $89,750 - but Tremor has $570 credits on two packages, reducing the price below the FX4. So only way to save is do lower spec truck.

This has been debated many times on this forum. The summary is the cost between the two is much less than the price of the Tremor package when you consider the discounts and added features. (In my case, the cost difference between a comparable FX4 and my Lariat Ultimate / Lariat Black Tremor was only $1200) If you sell your take off parts for a reasonable amount, the cost will be zero. If you happen sell your factory Tires/wheels alone for $2K, which several members have done due to the shortage of new tires, you will make a profit on the Tremor package. :cool:

The added Tremor features you get for roughly $1200 (or free) are the extra drive modes, electronic locking rear differential, Dana front differential, the extended axle vent tubes, the body-colored fender lips, shorter air dam, the Raptor-style running boards and the bedside stickers.

Last edited:
This exact argument is as old as the tremor package itself😊

i was articulating the same point until i eventually ordered a tremor too. There are dozens of threads which discuss the reasons for a Tremor outside of just suspension and dozens more which discuss selling tremor suspension/wheel&tires goodies to recoup the cost while keeping the rest of the package in place.

But ultimately the absolute best reasoning i heard from people is this: because i want a Tremor and i can afford a tremor package and swap out the suspension at the same time.

I personally think this argument is sweet! It’s my money and i’ll spend it the way i want to.
theres no argument....i just wanted to know why people do that to begin with. On the other hand if on day 2 i told the boss.".hey..think i'll swap the suspension out with a 8K one.".I can assure then that would bring a argument. :LOL:

Back