35's or 37's?

I'd love to do 37s, if not for the fact I can't mount a 37" spare under the truck. Taking a 5k mile road trip this summer, and I'd be nervous about having a 35 in spare in the middle of no where :(
Allegedly Carli has a hitch replacement available “soon” for ~ $2500 that allows up to 38” tire.I have the same concerns! The Carli one looks LEGIT tho!

looks great doing the same thing but w 17" method NV with terra grappler G2 37" ...did you do sway bar as well?
I'm not familiar with the Terra Grappler G2 - how do you like it in the snow? Looking at getting Nitto Ridge Grappler or Mickey Thompson Boss (I heard that those don't like to balance evenly on our rigs though - so I may not go down that road.)

Anyone running 35 on 20x9’s?

I am very much considering this.
I'm running 295/65R20 Toyo AT3 tires on a 20x9 +12 . The 35/12.5R20 tires measure out at 34.1 inches on the truck, the 295/65R20s measure out to 34.7 inches on the truck.

truckandtrailer.jpg

truckrain.jpg

Anyone have photos of their trucks leveled on 35’s with aftermarket wheels? 37’s look great but I can get a much better deal on 35’s. Curious if anyone is running a similar set up. method 701HD +18 35x12.5x18 MT's Carli full option 3.5 pintop
late to this party...

Attachments

• tempImageE97IpA.png
    tempImageE97IpA.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 268
I have run 37's before on a modified Gen 1 Raptor and a few oil burners in the past. Problem is where I have to drive this is not an option and I finally got tired of taking up my whole bed almost with the spare.

Do not just think that because you carry air compressor(s), plugs of all types including the 1 inch wide ones, glue etc that they will always repair a problem. Learned the hard way about 10 years ago when the sidewall got a 2 inch gash (metal hazard) and lucky I was in town driving home from work!

I'm running 295/65R20 Toyo AT3 tires on a 20x9 +12 . The 35/12.5R20 tires measure out at 34.1 inches on the truck, the 295/65R20s measure out to 34.7 inches on the truck.

View attachment 36644

View attachment 36645
Beautiful! I plan on running 20x9 with 35s once I get my truck. I plan on doing a Carli lift as well. I love the look of 20 inch wheels with 35s. Personal preference though. Some people like a lot more rubber than wheel... I personally don't like that look.

Beautiful! I plan on running 20x9 with 35s once I get my truck. I plan on doing a Carli lift as well. I love the look of 20 inch wheels with 35s. Personal preference though. Some people like a lot more rubber than wheel... I personally don't like that look.
Same - but I need to have an aggressive tire.

I’m planning to go the cheap route… any hate is welcome.

For now, I’m thinking of a simple puck leveling kit (leaving a very slight rake) and putting 37s (Nitto or Toyo) on the stock rims. Other users have done this, and are happy with the result. Weight difference from the tires themselves will be minimal, and I don’t think I’m losing much in the process.

Of course, if money were no factor, I might do things a little differently.

I’m planning to go the cheap route… any hate is welcome.

For now, I’m thinking of a simple puck leveling kit (leaving a very slight rake) and putting 37s (Nitto or Toyo) on the stock rims. Other users have done this, and are happy with the result. Weight difference from the tires themselves will be minimal, and I don’t think I’m losing much in the process.

Of course, if money were no factor, I might do things a little differently.
I just ordered my 2022 F250 7.3L, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I have 6 months to figure out what I want to do…any recommendations welcome!

jmo, personally when it comes to the 6.7 ps with the 3.55 gears I feel that’s way to high of a gear for 37’s even border line for 35’s, look up any gear calculator and the ideal gear for 37’s Is about a 4.30

jmo, personally when it comes to the 6.7 ps with the 3.55 gears I feel that’s way to high of a gear for 37’s even border line for 35’s, look up any gear calculator and the ideal gear for 37’s Is about a 4.30
With the amount of TQ this motor puts out. Not hardly unless you are towing close to max in the mountains maybe.

Back