2023 BAP

I don't mind the wheels being ugly. The worse they look in person helps my discussion with the wife about buying new ones :LOL: I'd like to thank the Ford design department for helping me make the case for nice looking rims. Now I wish there was a market for the OEM ones...

The grille sucks and the rounded nose on the hood really sucks. It's like Ford tried to make the grille appear bigger by actually making it smaller and they failed quite spectacularly.
I wonder if someone in the design department thought adding this slight curve to the hood would make the truck more aerodynamic... because that's what people who buy these are most concerned about. Not that a slight rounding of an edge will have any meaningful effect on wind resistance, but it sure looks more aerodynamic 😵‍💫

What a design mess on these trucks. Orange logo, red on the 6.7 badge, chrome, matte black trim, gloss black trim, it's like they threw everything at the wall and said "something for everybody". LOL

The Ford site states that the Tremor package has an orange sticker, but black/grey with the sport package.

The lariat is a low end LED reflector style headlight, the platinum is an LED projector style.
Is the low end LED reflector true as well for the Ultimate package or does that result in upgrade to the projector style?

The Ford site states that the Tremor package has an orange sticker, but black/grey with the sport package.
That's what I thought as well. Not sure what's going on here. The grill appears to be a SAP, but the orange sticker has me confused. I am not a fan of those wheels either. Ugh.

DA

Is the low end LED reflector true as well for the Ultimate package or does that result in upgrade to the projector style?
The LED projector Headlamps (high end) are standard and only on Platinum and Limited. Not even King Ranch. I wish they were available on Lariat, just like I wish Tailgate down camera was available. But nope.

The LED projector Headlamps (high end) are standard and only on Platinum and Limited. Not even King Ranch. I wish they were available on Lariat, just like I wish Tailgate down camera was available. But nope.
100% would pay Ford to have the ability to add both the lights and tailgate camera to my build. I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be in their economic interest.

heads up for you 2023 order guys, ford is dropping the CHMSL camera from the F150 on 01/26. this might trickle down to an SD soon since they are probably using the same supplier.

Last edited:
heads up for you 2023 order guys, ford is dropping the CHMSL from the F150 on 01/26. this might trickle down to an SD soon since they are probably using the same supplier.
Wait. Dropping the light? Or the camera?

Assuming CHMSL == Center High Mounted Stop Light.

Is $81.6K too much for a new Lariat ultimate BAP Tremor with 5th wheel package and winch installed?
BTW this is priced on Autotrader at $1500 below sticker. See below:

806bf60fa3524b968930037cdb3b5989.jpg

View attachment 110238
This link does work BTW.

I have just about every option you listed and paid 72k for my truck. I attached my window sticker. Mind you I ordered it and it was not dealer inventory but thats still a huge difference.

Attachments

• IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 79
  • windowsticker.PNG
    windowsticker.PNG
    499.2 KB · Views: 80
I have just about every option you listed and paid 72k for my truck. I attached my window sticker. Mind you I ordered it and it was not dealer inventory but thats still a huge difference.
True but how much longer are you going to be able to get a new 22 that's equipped they way you like. That's my only point. Some say they can't stand the changes on the 23s, soooo take your pick at this stage of the game. It's just a matter of time until they are all gone.

True but how much longer are you going to be able to get a new 22 that's equipped they way you like. That's my only point. Some say they can't stand the changes on the 23s, soooo take your pick at this stage of the game. It's just a matter of time until they are all gone.
True! I am so happy I got a 22'. I came from a powerwagon and was torn between Ram and Superduty. If I were still shopping I'd probably go ram just because the fron tend is so bad on the new design.

I was really debating holding out for the BAP, but just didn't want to wait until who knows when they would schedule the build. I spoke to a couple people at my local dealer, small place, and they said IF/WHEN they get around to the job 2 builds, they doubted all the parts would even be available, and they thought I'd probably end up having to sacrifice options by that point. So, after overthinking it to nearly no end, I opted for the SAP, so it could be in j1. I watched the TFL truck video on Youtube probably over a dozen times, pausing and inspecting all the posters of front ends; and after looking at as many pics as I could find, I don't think I'm going to have any buyer's regret about it. On top of that, I already got the email that it's scheduled for build in Feb...so the time frame seems a lot friendlier, too.

I thought the tailgate down camera was standard on all that have the backup camera.

Back