2022’s have been out for awhile now…

Like others here, my 2022 F250 Tremor Lariat, diesel is the best vehicle I have owned. I think the 10 speed is a significant plus, especially with the diesel. It’s always in the best gear for power/torque. I have owned a lot of diesel trucks, Fords and others, and liked them all pretty well. The power and comfort of this one is a step above. Reach out if you have any questions.

IMO Going from an f150 to a f250 the 10 spd isn’t much of a comparison now a days. The first F150 10 speeds are notably awkward shifting some have a hard time keeping a gear they want to be in mostly the 5.0 With my 22 it had lag in the shifts but that was cured with the trans update once i was able to get it. Definitely doesn’t wonder like my f150 wanted too. I have had a 10 spd since ford started using them and they continue to improve. As far as ride goes I think this truck rides way better than my f150 did and is 10 times better in the snow than my f150.
By the way I love this truck it was suppose to be my last truck 22 f250 king ranch tremor, I am actually having separation issues with wanting to get into a 24 because the wife and I had this idea of a truck camper and now i need an increased payload. As far as I am concerned the 22 is the last of the good looking trucks between the dash and the body, I hate that box step but on me on the 24 it a Chevy look a like now it will just have to grow on me.

The dealer I bought mine from had 11 lightings and sold them all in 2 days lol. I think the Mach E’s might still be there. TBH i was watching Ford like a hawk for a deal on a lightning. Knowing how hard they were trying to sell them I knew it was only a matter of time. I actually text my sales guy before the dealer was even open so he could hold the particular model I wanted. They had quite a few XLT’s as well as Lariats all but one had the big battery pack.

So far I love it. It’s just as free to drive as my Tesla was and it’s a truck. Fords App and interface is garbage compared to the Tesla but it’s a real blast to drive. 12 sec 1/4 mile and 4 sec 0-60 in a full size truck is certainly good for a grin.
That's what I hear! Imagine being one of the dudes that bought one way TF over MSRP when they came out?

That's what I hear! Imagine being one of the dudes that bought one way TF over MSRP when they came out?
I can’t…. Because I’m a pheasant and I’m cheap!!! I bought my last Tesla the day after they cut the prices $18,000 as well lol. I do have a buddy that has a Platinum Lightning who paid $100k for it. He likes the truck but said it’s one of the worst financial decisions he’s ever made. He basically lost $50k in a year.

I love my 2022 F-350 6.7L Lariat - 30k miles +/- of that about 15k towing 10k - 16k trailer(s). No issues just fluid changes to date for service - no issues of any kind, except self inflicted. Truck does everything I ask - just wish I had an 8' bed for my 5th wheel - as I popped a rear window and that is a mistake you don't want to make twice at $1,200 + for rear window.

Be nice to have the new HO Power - but prefer the looks of the 2022 vintage to the new ones. Given all the mods I have done - this truck in not going anywhere soon!

4 pages and not one person with leaking cab. or plug wire misfires. or auto hubs that wont lock properly . or clunky transmission :LOL:
1 year ago today I purchased my '22 - 6.7. Love it so far. 19K miles. Only issue thus far and why I haven't driven it in two weeks is it has been at the dealer getting the pressure vent leak fixed. Ya know, the one everyone knows about that Ford, acts surprised, like they have never heard of it. New carpet, new back seats and may have to re-spray the bed liner as they removed the bed to access. Really didn't need to remove the bed, but "that's what the book said had to be done"..Hope it is done soon and the fix is permanently. Only issue thus far. knock on wood.

Well it looks like the one I was interested in just sold out from under me. I can’t blame them as I didn’t put money down as I was unsure. Someone came along with the greens so I understand. So the search continues otherwise we are ordering. I know I have said it a few times but will continue to say thanks for the inputs and opinions.

Well it looks like the one I was interested in just sold out from under me. I can’t blame them as I didn’t put money down as I was unsure. Someone came along with the greens so I understand. So the search continues otherwise we are ordering. I know I have said it a few times but will continue to say thanks for the inputs and opinions.
Not sure how you figure out logistics lol since i am in Canada, I sell you my mine lol.

1 year ago today I purchased my '22 - 6.7. Love it so far. 19K miles. Only issue thus far and why I haven't driven it in two weeks is it has been at the dealer getting the pressure vent leak fixed. Ya know, the one everyone knows about that Ford, acts surprised, like they have never heard of it. New carpet, new back seats and may have to re-spray the bed liner as they removed the bed to access. Really didn't need to remove the bed, but "that's what the book said had to be done"..Hope it is done soon and the fix is permanently. Only issue thus far. knock on wood.
I have a question, I have 2021, no leaking issues. But I have looked at my vents through the gap between the cab and bed. Mine are covered with some type of material about a quarter inch thick, kinda looks similar to a scotchbrite pad.

I have a question, I have 2021, no leaking issues. But I have looked at my vents through the gap between the cab and bed. Mine are covered with some type of material about a quarter inch thick, kinda looks similar to a scotchbrite pad.
Those are just felt protectors so the bed doesnt hit the cab at the factory. The vents are lower.

Not sure how you figure out logistics lol since i am in Canada, I sell you my mine lol.
I wish you luck but my wife has given me the thumbs up to order a new one. I will just try to add some options and accessories to make it look better as I do agree with the masses that 2022 look better.

I wish you luck but my wife has given me the thumbs up to order a new one. I will just try to add some options and accessories to make it look better as I do agree with the masses that 2022 look better.
Love the pic and screen name @Tightlines. Nicely done!

Went and test drove a 2022 Platinum/Tremor F350. Do the Tremors in 22 come with 3.73 gears with the Diesel? I didn’t think so but it said this one did. I enjoyed this truck but the person who owned it before me wasn’t very nice, scratches all over it, running boards were wore away. Anyway, I noticed the steering effort was MUCH easier in this truck vs all the others. Is that a Platinum thing?

Went and test drove a 2022 Platinum/Tremor F350. Do the Tremors in 22 come with 3.73 gears with the Diesel? I didn’t think so but it said this one did. I enjoyed this truck but the person who owned it before me wasn’t very nice, scratches all over it, running boards were wore away. Anyway, I noticed the steering effort was MUCH easier in this truck vs all the others. Is that a Platinum thing?
Diesel’s get 3.55 gears, not 3.73.

That truck probably had adaptive steering option, which isn’t part of the normal platinum trim by default.

I have 42,806 miles on my 22 6.7. Drove off the lot with 6 miles. Would order again, love the truck, love the ride. Paint job was shit in the door jams, but mechanically solid thus far. Winched myself thru some clay with 5 yards of hog fuel for the garden, and now have a 35ft toy hauler.

IMG_2149.jpeg
IMG_1850.jpeg

Last edited:
Seeing if maybe I understand this floaty feel while driving. It seems it might be that most of the problem is the tires and maybe wheels being a smaller diameter creating more sidewall, which could mean more flex causing floaty feeling? I ask this as most used Tremor packages aren't much different in price and I like the leveled truck look, so I could just swap out the wheels and tires (and maybe add a sway bar) to a Tremor package truck to get a better ride? Really don't want to fight the floatiness especially while towing. I am finding more Tremor packages for sale then other trucks I like.

Seeing if maybe I understand this floaty feel while driving. It seems it might be that most of the problem is the tires and maybe wheels being a smaller diameter creating more sidewall, which could mean more flex causing floaty feeling? I ask this as most used Tremor packages aren't much different in price and I like the leveled truck look, so I could just swap out the wheels and tires (and maybe add a sway bar) to a Tremor package truck to get a better ride? Really don't want to fight the floatiness especially while towing. I am finding more Tremor packages for sale then other trucks I like.
Floaty feeling in the Tremor is the Rancho shocks - always nice to buy a truck for $90k and get a $75 shock on it. The Ranchos are tuned soft, to help improve the on road ride, so it floats down the road. Going with upgrades shocks will make a big difference - then you can upgrade suspension from there based on your needs and planned use. There may be issues with the OEM Goodyear Duratrac tires, especially for towing - but that is more conjecture than anything that has been proven.

Several great comments on this thread. No complaints, issues or problems with the 2022 F350 Lariat Ultimate 7.3L Tremors. One is Carbonized Gray with BAP. The other is Stone Gray with SAP and all the options that come with the BAP.

Like the Power Running Boards and Carpet Delete. Both trucks have all but three options (No AS, No ACC and No Power Moonroof). AS has several parts in the cab and engine bay; No need for ACC; and did not want the potential problems with the Power Moonroof, mainly leak issues in snow country.

Mud Season started here over 2 weeks ago and will last through early May. I went to town (78 miles one way) on March 22. It was nighttime when I got back to the snowmobile. After loading groceries and other items into the Pelican sled behind the Arctic Cat, I backed the truck down to the regular parking spot. It was difficult to tell where the road was because of the darkness combined with intermittent mud and snow patches. As a result, I got the Tremor in the ditch and it climbed right out!

Absolutely, and without any doubts, the Ford Super Duty Tremor is the "perfect truck" for my needs and lifestyle!

@Tightlines since you're from the Show Me state, I really like your username 🤪. The million dollar question is: have you driven a Fooooooord, lately? When I was kid I thought Lately was the model.

You guys remember this!?
Your comments are often informative, and your humor is always appreciated! That said, you could have made a better selection on a Ford commercial YouTube video. Therefore, I decided to help you out. but just this ONE time ----------------->

Back