2022’s have been out for awhile now…

Tightlines

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F150 Lariet
And was seeing what the overall thoughts on people who have owned them now for awhile. Were there any common issues with this year? I ask because I am looking at a 2022 with 23k on the clock and for some reason feeling apprehensive about it. I would be trading in a perfectly good running F150 for it and is quite a large purchase for us. Trading up for better towing experience.
One thing I do want to say is I do hate the F150 10 speed and I am hoping it is different in the Super Duty line and shifts much better.
Appreciate any feedback!

And was seeing what the overall thoughts on people who have owned them now for awhile. Were there any common issues with this year? I ask because I am looking at a 2022 with 23k on the clock and for some reason feeling apprehensive about it. I would be trading in a perfectly good running F150 for it and is quite a large purchase for us. Trading up for better towing experience.
One thing I do want to say is I do hate the F150 10 speed and I am hoping it is different in the Super Duty line and shifts much better.
Appreciate any feedback!
Transmission tuning on the 23’s and up is better than the 22…. Can’t speak to how it compares to the F150 since my F150 is electric. I will say my 2023 Tremor is the best truck I’ve owned.

And…. Que @Optimus telling you that 22 is the best year Tremor in 3……. 2……. 1……..

Transmission tuning on the 23’s and up is better than the 22…. Can’t speak to how it compares to the F150 since my F150 is electric. I will say my 2023 Tremor is the best truck I’ve owned.

And…. Que @Optimus telling you that 22 is the best year Tremor in 3……. 2……. 1……..
'22 of course!

Being that the 22 is the last year of a long winded generation, Id argue is the most reliable of the bunch.

If you can swing it, the 23 and up trucks have nicer interiors and some performance gains, but that comes at a risk too. There have already been some notable quality control issues on the 23s, but I have seen most of those get resolved on the 2024s.

If you like the look, youre okay with the older interior, and you want to save some $$$, youll love a 2022.

Being that the 22 is the last year of a long winded generation, Id argue is the most reliable of the bunch.

If you can swing it, the 23 and up trucks have nicer interiors and some performance gains, but that comes at a risk too. There have already been some notable quality control issues on the 23s, but I have seen most of those get resolved on the 2024s.

If you like the look, youre okay with the older interior, and you want to save some $$$, youll love a 2022.
Yeah everyone! Take that! Now what!? @gmoon, beers are on me if you decide to join for the Vegas meet. 🤪

Last edited:
My 22 has a few creaks and rattles which is annoying given it was 80K and only has 27K miles. Nothing overly obnoxious and I really only hear them on rough roads. Tows great and I'm really happy with it overall, would highly recommend. I'm perfectly happy with my 7.3. The transmission really only shifts like a pig in low speed stop/go traffic. If you accelerate normally to 55 or so the transmission shifts just fine. I notice most of my transmission wonkiness when it's trying to pick between first and second. I've heard doing a re-calibration helps but I haven't really felt the need overall. In tow mode the transmission shifts flawlessly. If you get the sunroof, make sure to clean and lubricate the seal as it'll make noise. If you get the copilot 360, the front camera wire will get loose and sometimes not display the image. Sometimes it does... it's kind of annoying.

So far I've had just the warranty recalls on the truck. Although it was precautionary as I wasn't having any of the issues (rear tail gate, wiper blades, etc.). I do have a drive line noise from 62-65 mph which the dealer thought was a faulty rear pinion. They replaced the whole pumpkin but didn't fix it. I have a feeling this is going to be a goose chase. I'm just now getting misfire codes which I thought the 22s didn't have, but apparently they do. Going to have that fixed next week. There are updates spark wires.

That said, i've done a few road trips and it's a dream. Holds 85 (not towing) without issue; climbing into Flagstaff for the grand canyon. Parking can be a nightmare given its size. Let the tire pressures down a little and it'll transform. Throw some weight in the bed and it rides like a Cadillac.

I can't stress this enough though, don't go into this thinking you're getting a racecar like the F150. Both engines in the super duty tremors are great engines but you're playing in a 8,000# truck world. Coming from you lightwight F150 you'll feel the performance difference. It'll make up for that difference in being able to tow 20K pounds basically anywhere you choose to point the grill.

Appreciate any feedback!
I have a 22 F350 LARIAT Tremor 7.3 gas 22k miles, It is the best truck I have ever owned in my 66 yrs, I have been running in tow haul mode 100% of the time and love it even more. I have hade 0 issues. Yes, they are too expensive I paid $72k new Dec 31st 2021 ordered in August. I have owned Diesel and Gas, and I,m glad I picked gas!

2022 for life!!

wolverines-gun.gif

Thanks for the opinions and reviews. Keep them coming. This will be my Daily driver as well as my tow vehicle. It will definitely be different coming from a F150 3.5 EB, pretty quick and nimble for a truck. This will also be my first diesel, so I am trying to research a lot of diesel owning info as well. I think that’s where most of my apprehension is coming from.

Have you driven it yet? Drive one, your mind will be made up!

Thanks for the opinions and reviews. Keep them coming. This will be my Daily driver as well as my tow vehicle. It will definitely be different coming from a F150 3.5 EB, pretty quick and nimble for a truck. This will also be my first diesel, so I am trying to research a lot of diesel owning info as well. I think that’s where most of my apprehension is coming from.

I came from a 3.5 EB F150 and these big heavy trucks are definitely different. The F150 is lighter and more nimble, the Super Duty just isn't that. But like everyone else said, it will tow anything you want with ease. I towed a 28ft travel trailer with the F150 and while the power was never really an issue, it was a big trailer for that truck. Towing with the F350 is a much better experience. Mine is a daily driver and although it is bigger, I don't really find any issues with parking or anything unless only parking garages are available, in that case we take the wife's vehicle. I also have the 6.7 PS and it just takes a little more maintenance.

I have 86K on my 22. The only issue I've had is the steering wheel heating element went out. They told me I would need a whole new wheel for $2900. I said no thanks.

And was seeing what the overall thoughts on people who have owned them now for awhile. Were there any common issues with this year?
No real issues with mine. There were some minor common issues covered under recall (wipers, etc). Some have had water intrusion through the rear vents which isn't unique to 22. Overall pretty quiet model year as things go...

I've had my 22 just over one year, 16,000 miles. Zero trips to the dealer or shop. Do all my own maintenance and keeping the truck basically stock other than a few low cost mods. Tranny can be a little choppy depending on driving style but nothing that bothers me or gives my any concern. It is flawless when pulling heavy loads. The only nit pick I have is the head liner can be noisy in cold weather, I think its the adhesive they used. This Super Duty is a whole different animal than a F150. Its made for pulling not grocery getting.

This is my thought, as well. I knew the '23 was coming, and while I was a little nervous it would look better than my truck, and have some snazzy updates, I am glad I didn't wait based on pricing and a whole lot of other aesthetic reasons.

I have had no issues that are unique to the 22 model. What I have had issues with are as follows:

Rear shocks blown X2.
Fan clutch replaced
Moonroof rattle (fixed with silicone spray easy maintenance)
CarPlay loses it's brain at times when reconnecting to the truck from a brief break (filling up with fuel or something). Happens maybe 1/20 times.
Small clip fell out of the retractable door above the phone charger.
Women flocking to the truck because they love it so much.

Other than that - solid. I have done all required updates/recalls/scheduled maintenance.

My '22 7.3 is my daily driver. 30 months of ownership and no issues. It took a while to get used to the transmission shifting, (when it decides to shift), but now it feels normal. If I want, it can accelerate like an F150 but I can see the gas gage needle dropping if I do. If I let it be what it was designed to be, I can get 12 MPG combined. I wouldn't be afraid of it mechanically. It was a good year. Only you can decide if the diesel is for you.

I'm glad she's mine.

22 MY here. I am really happy with the 7.3 and also like others have said the 23/24 has some nice features but again it is the first year of a redesign and there have already been some issues. Also as far as the transmission goes. I found if you use Forscan and clear the shift tables and then stop adaptive learning it shifts mucho better.

This is my thought, as well. I knew the '23 was coming, and while I was a little nervous it would look better than my truck, and have some snazzy updates, I am glad I didn't wait based on pricing and a whole lot of other aesthetic reasons.

I have had no issues that are unique to the 22 model. What I have had issues with are as follows:

Rear shocks blown X2.
Fan clutch replaced
Moonroof rattle (fixed with silicone spray easy maintenance)
CarPlay loses it's brain at times when reconnecting to the truck from a brief break (filling up with fuel or something). Happens maybe 1/20 times.
Small clip fell out of the retractable door above the phone charger.
Women flocking to the truck because they love it so much.

Other than that - solid. I have done all required updates/recalls/scheduled maintenance.
I see what you did here with the whole shocks are blown while women flock bit. 😉

I love my '22 diesel as well and it is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned by far. Get a pedal monster and you can make it perform however your heart desires. The diesel is a beast and and it is one of those vehicles where you smile every time you get in to drive and then look back at it everytime you park it.

Being that the 22 is the last year of a long winded generation
I generally agree with this statement, however, the exception to this is the one-year-only version of Sync, 12" center screen, module configuration, wiring, etc... hopefully this doesn't prove to be problematic in the future. For those not keeping their trucks long term there will probably be no issue. I plan to have mine until it's not practical any longer.

Back