2022 FORD Super Duty Trailer Brake recall

All my Forscan mods were unaffected after I got my recall completed. Only thing that was weird was my radio presets were messed up. Not sure if they disconnected my batteries.
Same here... None of mine were impacted. Of course, it's always good to back up your modules just in case! :cool:

Mine is scheduled for 4/21 to be reprogrammed. It freaken SUCKED not having brakes on my 37 ft bumper pull toy hauler. Did learn normally it happens shortly after the start of towing, then I can pull over and kill the truck, restart it and they will remain working. I pulled for 6 hours and it quit working in the first 30 minutes, then once I stopped for gas and started again it worked all the way home.

My brake controller along with an oil change (first one) is scheduled for tomorrow. The insulation recall can't be done because the "parts" are on backorder. Anyone know what parts are involved (I thought it was a couple of rivets...which would seem to be common parts).

Is there anyway that I can see/confirm that the brake recall was successful? Reason that I ask is that I seemed to be effected by the problems this winter...and then after the recall was completed this week, I finally hooked up the trailer today and get the same intermittent "trailer disconnected" warning. When "disconnected", the lights and brakes do seem to work. I've hooked the trailer to other vehicles (not Fords) and it is well-behaved, every single light is working, etc. Not sure if I have a software problem or a hardware problem. This is the only vehicle that gives me this disconnect feedback (and it seems to always when there is a "signal" being sent...braking, reverse, etc).

Took mine in today for both the insulation and brake controller recall. They couldn't do the controller recall due to "software error". Just another data point.

Planned to get the trailer out next weekend, now having second thoughts.

I didn't read through all 4 pages completely however, I've read a few comments/concerns about this. Took mine to the dealership yesterday for warranty work and asked them about this recall. They did perform the software upgrade and it seems to work. I know there was concern about this messing something else up and some dealers weren't doing the recall.

Also learned there's a recall for loose wiper arms. Who knew.

Back