2022 Ford Super Duty Service Manual

Hmmm, that makes sense for some of the wires. For example, the two completely different but same gauge wires I showed in the example (GD113 (BK-YE) and GD123 (BK0GY)), but the purple wire CBK04 for example is the wire going from the PCM to the ignition coils (COP) in both the 6.2 and 7.3, so the diesels shouldn't have that at all, and I can't imagine there would be such a difference between the 6.2 and 7.3 to have the wire gauge change from 12 to 18 between the two engines.

I wonder if situations like this indicate a shielded wire? (the outside being the 12 gauge VT and the inside being the 18 gauge VT?? Does that make any sense?
Since I'm just guessing I'll continue down that path :p

Ford engines will sometimes put the coil driver electronics on the coil and sometimes in the PCM. I don't know what the 6.2 or 7.3 does with this respect but if they are different it may explain the increase/decrease in gauge.

Ford service info is a $2800/year subscription. No thanks.
Heim has their official CD_ROM for $308
Or take your chances with a knock off on eBay

I wonder when the '23 owner's manual will be available for download- nothing on the Ford website yet.

Helm now has the 2022 F 250+ service manual back in stock. It was out of stock for a long time and is $226 now. Also, even though it still lists it as a CD, it adds a USB to your cart when you checkout. Apparently you don’t even get the CD anymore as mine just got here and it’s a USB.

IMG_6384.jpeg

Helm now has the 2022 F 250+ service manual back in stock. It was out of stock for a long time and is $226 now. Also, even though it still lists it as a CD, it adds a USB to your cart when you checkout. Apparently you don’t even get the CD anymore as mine just got here and it’s a USB.

View attachment 132141
Nice! When I got mine it was still the CD... luckily I still had an old USB CD drive I could use. Makes way more sense to have it on USB drive now.

Nice! When I got mine it was still the CD... luckily I still had an old USB CD drive I could use. Makes way more sense to have it on USB drive now.
Well, I may have spoke too soon. I went to plug it in and it's corrupted. It's in a RAW format (3.75g) and windows keeps wanting to format it when I stick it in because it says it's a file system it doesn't recognize. Obviously I'm not going to format it because that would erase it all, so I called Helminc and tried to explain it but the person I was working with doesn't seem to understand what is wrong with it. She was very nice but at first she sent me a pdf from Ford about how to click open and install.

I then had to call back and explain that wasn't the issue and she told me a Ford technician would reach out in a week or so to help (but there's nothing a technician can do because it's corrupted). So I contacted Ford myself directly and they advised that I contact Helminc and ask for a replacement because the one I have is corrupted. So I called Helminc back and they told me I still have to wait the weeks for the technician to reach out.... meanwhile I'm out $200+ and have a faulty usb. It's very frustrating because there's nothing that is going to magically fix this and the Ford technician who's going to eventually reach out will just simply confirm that. Not sure why I can't just exchange it for a good one right away....

Well, I may have spoke too soon. I went to plug it in and it's corrupted. It's in a RAW format (3.75g) and windows keeps wanting to format it when I stick it in because it says it's a file system it doesn't recognize. Obviously I'm not going to format it because that would erase it all, so I called Helminc and tried to explain it but the person I was working with doesn't seem to understand what is wrong with it. She was very nice but at first she sent me a pdf from Ford about how to click open and install.

I then had to call back and explain that wasn't the issue and she told me a Ford technician would reach out in a week or so to help (but there's nothing a technician can do because it's corrupted). So I contacted Ford myself directly and they advised that I contact Helminc and ask for a replacement because the one I have is corrupted. So I called Helminc back and they told me I still have to wait the weeks for the technician to reach out.... meanwhile I'm out $200+ and have a faulty usb. It's very frustrating because there's nothing that is going to magically fix this and the Ford technician who's going to eventually reach out will just simply confirm that. Not sure why I can't just exchange it for a good one right away....
File a chargeback with your credit card company. That should get their attention pretty quick.

Any update?

Any update?
Yeah, I eventually reached out again and talked to another person and explained it was defective, plain and simple. They sent another one out that worked great and I sent the bad one back. Sorry for not updating. Just got busy with other stuff going on haha.

Yeah, I eventually reached out again and talked to another person and explained it was defective, plain and simple. They sent another one out that worked great and I sent the bad one back. Sorry for not updating. Just got busy with other stuff going on haha.
Thanks. I got the ebay version like others did about a year ago, but have been on the fence about getting the one straight from Helms.

Says it is a copy of FORD OEM Manual

1709042537390.png

Says it is a copy of FORD OEM Manual

View attachment 146320
Yes, an unauthorized copy from Helms, who is the only official provider of the workshop manual. I inquired with them directly and they stated none of these are legitimate reproductions. See my post #76 above.

Reactions: ccw
Ah, dang I was looking at ‘22 MY and see you’re looking at’23 MY. That’s a level up in price for sure.

Ok, after some poking here's how to get the Helm manual working without needing the CD after install.
Despite ejecting the CD you should be able to launch the program without issue! Please let me know if you run into any issues with the steps above, or if you find something about the program not working after doing this....

Thank you for this! This thread has been really helpful, and I now have all the wiring diagrams for a custom security system!

Agreed is expensive for a CD in way too big of a box by FedEx, with software from before Y2K, but the ability to click on the wire and it links you to the connector is worth the money for the OEM CD.

Thank you for this! This thread has been really helpful, and I now have all the wiring diagrams for a custom security system!

Agreed is expensive for a CD in way too big of a box by FedEx, with software from before Y2K, but the ability to click on the wire and it links you to the connector is worth the money for the OEM CD.
Glad it was helpful!

Thanks again CCW. I bought the Helm USB for my 2022 a little while back but just got around to installing it today. At first I thought that I did not get the wiring diagrams, but reread this thread and followed the fix in post 43 to install the SVG viewer and it fixed that. Then I followed the instructions for the hack in post 39 so I can run without the USB stick present. I am not much of a Windows person so this helped a lot. I am running this in a VM on an intel Mac.

• Love
Reactions: ccw
Back