2021 Ford F250 Tremor w/2022 Grand Design Reflection series 150

CALI2VA

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ford F250 Tremor
First Responder
Yes
Good morning, i apologize if this question has already been addressed. I have a '21 Ford F250 Tremor and I'm purchasing a '22 Grand Design 278bh with an Anderson 5th wheel hitch! Has anyone had issues with the truck height and clearance with the 5th wheel? I've seen other forums where people have put airbags on or dexter axle spacer kit on the 5th wheel. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The short answer is yes. Here is a thread about it. I have also found several on social media that do it also. I have a nonTremor F350 that I am trying to run 37s on with a Carli level. If my math is correct I should be good. I am running a B&W companion with factory pick system. I have seen tremors use both hitches. I was thinking Anderson but I kept seeing negative reviews. I am sure it’s fine. My friend just switched from Anderson to the B&W and loves it. Only negative is the weight.

Stock F350 Non tremor
Bed height 55.5”
Trailer front height 62.5
Front low point 25”
Rear20.5”
Hitch 14.5
.9 degrees nose high

37” tires estimate
Bed Height 57.5”
Trailer front height 64.5”
Front low point 26.5”
Rear 20”
Hitch 13.75”
2.0 degrees nose high

not a BH but here is mine. I have a Curt 24K sliding fifth wheel. 16,800 lbs and over 3,000 pin weight My Tremor has the Yellow Sumo Bags. There is a touch of squat not much. The bags are cheap and easy to install. You will not notice them when not towing.
IMG_8269.jpeg

not a BH but here is mine. I have a Curt 24K sliding fifth wheel. 16,800 lbs and over 3,000 pin weight My Tremor has the Yellow Sumo Bags. There is a touch of squat not much. The bags are cheap and easy to install. You will not notice them when not towing.
View attachment 40696
I have a GD Momentum, and going back and forth between cradled airbags or sumo’s. My pin weight is 2900lbs and run a Reese Goosebox. You’re happy with the Sumo’s?

Good morning, i apologize if this question has already been addressed. I have a '21 Ford F250 Tremor and I'm purchasing a '22 Grand Design 278bh with an Anderson 5th wheel hitch! Has anyone had issues with the truck height and clearance with the 5th wheel? I've seen other forums where people have put airbags on or dexter axle spacer kit on the 5th wheel. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
We have a GD Momentum 395ms, and running a Reese Gooseneck (Amazing). I’m going to swap the Factory 5th prep for a B&W goose ball and run a 4-5 inch extension ball for a little added clearance. The trailer is about 16500-17000 lbs loaded, but 44ft long, lol. We have a F450 currently, and run B&W companion for our older GD 380TH. B&W are amazing. For the heavier 5th wheels, I recommend swapping to a gooseneck. Saves a lot of weight in your bed, as we are pushing payload with heavy pin weights. As I asked above, I’m torn between airbags and sumo’s.

My buddy has this exact truck and trailer setup and he's golden. I've witness the hitch and unhitch a few times now, no issues.

I have a GD Momentum, and going back and forth between cradled airbags or sumo’s. My pin weight is 2900lbs and run a Reese Goosebox. You’re happy with the Sumo’s?
YES!!!
Easy install, price is good. I believe I am at limit right now so if we go any heaver would need a big change. We have a seasonal site so I keep my toys on our lot and don't haul them with us.
I feel secure with the Curt sliding 5th wheel set up. yes it is a heavy piece but on the road with other crazy drivers and then my off road adventure to get my 5er parked in the woods. I am confident.

We have a GD Momentum 395ms, and running a Reese Gooseneck (Amazing). I’m going to swap the Factory 5th prep for a B&W goose ball and run a 4-5 inch extension ball for a little added clearance. The trailer is about 16500-17000 lbs loaded, but 44ft long, lol. We have a F450 currently, and run B&W companion for our older GD 380TH. B&W are amazing. For the heavier 5th wheels, I recommend swapping to a gooseneck. Saves a lot of weight in your bed, as we are pushing payload with heavy pin weights. As I asked above, I’m torn between airbags and sumo’s.
I have air bags on my car. They are the real deal but huge PITA>

I thought I would give a update. Full disclosure is it’s not a tremor but, the rear end should be the same since it’s a 350. The truck is leveled with a Carli Commuter kit on 37/12.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The rear end is stock with no bags. I am leaning toward Timbrens. It tows perfectly fine but, it’s obviously nose high just a bit. I am going to adjust my B&W hitch down one position and see how it goes.

The other goal is to get rear Deavers. I really only want to do bags as a last resort. I have heard installing the Timbrens is fairly easy so I was hoping it is something I could do if I am going to do any long distance towing.

Attachments

• E93753D0-7190-4A6B-9D18-1DD4A1A32F27.jpeg
    E93753D0-7190-4A6B-9D18-1DD4A1A32F27.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 305E2B94-53FE-41DF-AAFF-366B31B03DB2.jpeg
    305E2B94-53FE-41DF-AAFF-366B31B03DB2.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 0D295096-9146-49F4-B0EF-D46ECFBF87D6.jpeg
    0D295096-9146-49F4-B0EF-D46ECFBF87D6.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 57DBDE7A-7FCA-4A4F-82CB-CF07BCDED1A6.jpeg
    57DBDE7A-7FCA-4A4F-82CB-CF07BCDED1A6.jpeg
    351.9 KB · Views: 133
I don’t have a tremor; 22 lariat CC FX4. But, I have the same exact fiver and 0 issues hooking up. Love the 287bh.

I thought I would give a update. Full disclosure is it’s not a tremor but, the rear end should be the same since it’s a 350. The truck is leveled with a Carli Commuter kit on 37/12.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The rear end is stock with no bags. I am leaning toward Timbrens. It tows perfectly fine but, it’s obviously nose high just a bit. I am going to adjust my B&W hitch down one position and see how it goes.

The other goal is to get rear Deavers. I really only want to do bags as a last resort. I have heard installing the Timbrens is fairly easy so I was hoping it is something I could do if I am going to do any long distance towing.
You’re going to loose 15-20% payload with the Deavers, so your ass end will sag more, but ride will be Cushy! Your pin weight isn’t to high, so timbrens should be just fine for you. I’ve always ran airbags, they make a huge difference, but really like the ease of the sumo’s or timbrens.

Back