DEAL 2% Under Invoice on a Super Duty Order @ Granger Ford

Mr. Nobody

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Window sticker arrived this morning and status switched to "in production." Not sure if that means it's actually being made today(ish), or sometime this build week like it was originally scheduled for.

Last edited:

loglat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
First Responder
Paramedic
Granger wants me to sign all of the paperwork before I get there. Purchase agreement, odometer certification, etc. I have no reason to believe they’re doing anything unscrupulous, but I don’t understand it either.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn’t I just take 30 seconds to sign the paperwork once I arrive and get a chance to inspect my truck?

morepower02

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Window sticker arrived this morning and status switched to "in production." Not sure if that means it's actually being made today(ish), or sometime this build week like it was originally scheduled for.

That normally happens a week before the build.

toximus

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep LJ
Granger wants me to sign all of the paperwork before I get there. Purchase agreement, odometer certification, etc. I have no reason to believe they’re doing anything unscrupulous, but I don’t understand it either.

Can anyone explain this to me? Why wouldn’t I just take 30 seconds to sign the paperwork once I arrive and get a chance to inspect my truck?

Did you ask them to explain and if you can do it after inspecting the truck?

Mike1646

Founding Member
Reaction Points

I don’t think it matters, the final signature is given at the dealer in person.

Bldrinker

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep

So everything is done paperwork wise. They have lots of customers to cycle through. Getting my work done before hand prevents any issues day of.

loglat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
First Responder
Paramedic
So everything is done paperwork wise. They have lots of customers to cycle through. Getting my work done before hand prevents any issues day of.
But suppose someone backs into it tomorrow… I’ve signed a contract to buy it. Seems sketchy. I would think a few signatures the day of delivery wouldn’t make much difference logistically or administratively 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bldrinker

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep
But suppose someone backs into it tomorrow… I’ve signed a contract to buy it. Seems sketchy. I would think a few signatures the day of delivery wouldn’t make much difference logistically or administratively 🤷🏼‍♂️
There are still signatures to do when you get there. Don’t be so paranoid.
If it bothers you that bad tell them you want to wait until you get there.
Think of how many people fly into Granger to pick up trucks. How many have issues? I’m flying in from CA if there is anything wrong with the truck as far as blemishes, scratches or things missing they will have to write up a contract to show they owe me repairs.

DefyPilot

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Army Vet
Current Ride
2022 Ford F-250 Tremor - Carbonized Gray
Current Ride #2
2013 Mustang Convertible - "Gotta Have It Green" Metallic Tri-Color
Mine was all done ahead of time, the only signature required at time of delivery was the odometer certification, which per Iowa statute requires a wet signature.

Threeper

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Maybe a long shot here…. But anyone plan on shipping their truck to WA in the near future? We could use the same carrier resulting in a lower price/quicker ETA.

Debated fly & drive but with flight + fuel - lost wages it would be a wash. With an additional 1800 miles on the truck and road rash before PPF could be applied.

PM me if interested.

Bldrinker

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep
Maybe a long shot here…. But anyone plan on shipping their truck to WA in the near future? We could use the same carrier resulting in a lower price/quicker ETA.

Debated fly & drive but with flight + fuel - lost wages it would be a wash. With an additional 1800 miles on the truck and road rash before PPF could be applied.

PM me if interested.
I take it you must work weekends or not have days off? I’m flying out from CA and driving back. I figure 12mpg and 5.50 gallon average and I’m doing the trip for $800 plus food.

Shipping is expensive right now. Probably going to cost close to 3k to ship

Threeper

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
I take it you must work weekends or not have days off? I’m flying out from CA and driving back. I figure 12mpg and 5.50 gallon average and I’m doing the trip for $800 plus food.

Shipping is expensive right now. Probably going to cost close to 3k to ship
7 hour 1 stop flight - $400 (cheapest)
1800 miles @ 12mpg @ $5.50 - $825
1 day missed work (no paid vacation) - $550

$1775 total - food/hotel not included.

Already have a shipping quote at $2400.

So to me saving the mileage, road rash, airport/flying potential canceled/delayed flight are worth $400ish

Also not in love with the idea of taking a brand new engine and letting it hum along at freeway RPM for the first 1800 miles of it’s life.

Last edited:

Truck

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
If this truck can make it to granger within 4 weeks of the build date it will make my life so much easier and save me a lot of money and travel

shipwreck17

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2011 F150
Not to deflate but window sticker and in production come a week before the build. Shipping is a bigger hurdle. I’ve been sitting for 3 weeks in the yard.
How can you tell where it's sitting? Mine just says shipped but no details on what part of the shipping process I'm in and no eta to Granger.

toximus

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Jeep LJ
If this truck can make it to granger within 4 weeks of the build date it will make my life so much easier and save me a lot of money and travel
I'm starting to feel the pinch too. Truck build date is June 27th. Gooseneck trailer is expected for pick up in September. Sure am glad I didn't order the truck any later!

Truck

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
I'm starting to feel the pinch too. Truck build date is June 27th. Gooseneck trailer is expected for pick up in September. Sure am glad I didn't order the truck any later!
It will cost me a weekend, an additional plane ticket, and a weeks rental car for each week after that

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge