$19,999.00 Mark-up

Just buy it in a few months when it's discounted 25k

Someone from the local news should go to the dealer and ask some of their usual questions under the umbrella of consumer advocacy.

I do not feel the dealer is not doing anything wrong (they own the product and can price it as they see fit), but it would be interesting to hear their explanation for why they think a $20k markup makes sense. Then, the news folks could remind people to shop around, and maybe even point to “a website where a bunch of people spend all day talking about their trucks and had a lot to say about the dealer’s markup”.

I remember back in 1985 when the new Maxima was released. They were stickered at about $13.5k and were selling all day long for about $20k. My dad looked around for one for about five months and got shooed away from every dealer in town…and then bought one at about 5:45 on Christmas eve 1985 for $1.5k below sticker.

The funny part is that the sales manager was the same one who used to work at the local Toyota Dealer (where they’d mark up a $8k truck by $4k and then offer to take $2k off if you agreed to buy now) and sparred with my dad for six months in the summer of 1983 before he ended up buying at another dealer. When the sales manager saw my dad at the Nissan Dealer, he said with a smirk, “Have you gotten your truck yet?”. My dad politely pointed to the truck and asked if he felt like making a quick sale before closing…

Wowzers! If anyone is remotely considering this, I will gladly sell you mine today at 1k above MSRP and include my addons for free! (not joking) :D

Totally. I can’t stand these dealer add ons but at least this tag says optional. I bet it’s a hard sell though.

I had a friend do a national search for a Tremor and he found 7 to 8 mark ups in Texas. I’m just glad I scraped my order after a month of no information from Ford and managed to find one that had almost everything I ordered. My friend said to keep looking on Facebook Market place and a salesman had posted a new arrival just when I looked.

I like how they offer the $2500 in add-ons as optional, but the $20K is not. The total asking price includes the optional $2500 in items, so they are a very fair and honest dealer!

Somebody at the dealership probably is getting it. They put it out to show it off and have the crazy mark up so nobody buys it. Once its been on the lot for x amount of time they get some type of discount or rebate from Ford and that person/employee takes it home. I know my dealership did that with a vehicle or two in the past. If someone does buy it then the dealership made bank and that person gets the next one.

Somebody at the dealership probably is getting it. They put it out to show it off and have the crazy mark up so nobody buys it. Once its been on the lot for x amount of time they get some type of discount or rebate from Ford and that person/employee takes it home. I know my dealership did that with a vehicle or two in the past. If someone does buy it then the dealership made bank and that person gets the next one.
Makes more sense than 20K extra on an item that is know for wiping out the first 15K when driven off the lot.

Saw one in Prescott AZ about a week ago, $10K markup

Crazy, dealers should not be able to do this.

Crazy, dealers should not be able to do this.

X plan shuts them down...

But I used to see it with Raptors too, and they don’t do X on raptors. I’ve seen several dealers add 10k to MSRP price and then pitch me that they’re willing to negotiate down to just 5k over sticker.

Fortunately there were other dealers within a short drive who didn’t play that game so I never had to deal with them and still won’t to this day.

when I bought my 2018 Ford Raptor, the dealers here in Utah were asking $20k over and would make a deal at $10k over MSRP. I went through a Michigan dealer and got one under MSRP, but had to pay $1350 shipping to get it home.

It reminds me of this hilarious you tube video about charging over MSRP for a Ford Raptor at the time the were so hot.

Enjoy;

when I bought my 2018 Ford Raptor, the dealers here in Utah were asking $20k over and would make a deal at $10k over MSRP. I went through a Michigan dealer and got one under MSRP, but had to pay $1350 shipping to get it home.

It reminds me of this hilarious you tube video about charging over MSRP for a Ford Raptor at the time the were so hot.

Enjoy;

Now that was hilarious and made my day! Thanks

20k markup....crazy!

I did try to buy a loaded tremor from Vista in Oxnard but they wouldn’t budge on their price but at least they only wanted sticker. If it were the color I wanted I would have bought on X plan but can order exactly what I want x plan all day long. Looking for better than x. I know it’s out there...
Purchasing in CA or NV sucks. No matter where I lived in the country, I always had my large purchases in TX (RV, cars, trucks). They always had the best price. For the Tremor, the CA dealer said he cannot go lower on the price, basically said he wants the window sticker price. It took only couple of hours to find another Tremor in TX, two flight tickets for $500 and we had a nice trip to my beloved TX. NV the same, usually people are not going to drive to CA to get lower price so they are taking advantage of this mentality.
The dealers in CA/NV will not earn my money.

Back