HOT! '17-22 Foot Rest/Dead Pedal

Would you buy a dead pedal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Let me know when you get to serial number 00068, then I'll order the next one immediately 🤪
Won’t be a 68 until the 25 happen lol. If you order, I will Sharpie a 00069 on yours.

Last edited:
Just need 37% of the original folks who voted "Yes" in the poll to preorder! (That would be the full 25, so given we already have some pre-orders we need less than that.)

Need 15 more still. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: ccw
All the shipping supplies will arrive tomorrow, but seems a bit premature; still need 15 more pre-orders.

• Sad
All the shipping supplies will arrive tomorrow, but seems a bit premature; still need 15 more pre-orders.

My guess is... most folks that said they'd buy one were sticker shocked and don't understand the amount of time & effort, much less set-up, tooling, marketting, etc., costs that go into new production on what's essentially one-off parts [at this point].

Hopefully, they come around and support your effort to fill what currently is an aftermarket void!

My left leg is still left wandering in the meantime......

Before I place the order for the pedal/foot rest portion, wanted to float an improvement idea first.

I can eliminate the dimples and just offer a flat surface with Black Diamond grip tape pre-installed. Should improve foot traction immensely.

I may be interested, love the design. Want to try it out in person on Saturday.

Before I place the order for the pedal/foot rest portion, wanted to float an improvement idea first.

I can eliminate the dimples and just offer a flat surface with Black Diamond grip tape pre-installed. Should improve foot traction immensely.

I like the look of the original dimples, but in truth, the black non-slip might function more effectively while also better blending in with the factory pedals.

I'm a buyer either way, but I might lean towards the grip tape.... got any pictures?

I like the look of the original dimples, but in truth, the black non-slip might function more effectively while also better blending in with the factory pedals.

I'm a buyer either way, but I might lean towards the grip tape.... got any pictures?
No pictures, but it's exactly as you could imagine it. No holes and a black grip tape (just like a skateboard). Approximately 80 grit. Same pedal shape and size, just more friction for shoe and boot soles.

First things first: we hit the 25 minimum??

Second, to your question, I think I'm with @86skier on preferring the look you have currently, but the grip tape being more practical. Probably the only concern I have with the grip tape is long-term durability (primarily the glue holding up in the heat/cold cycles,).

Then again, it shouldn't be overly difficult to apply fresh stuff if that does happen.

First things first: we hit the 25 minimum??

Second, to your question, I think I'm with @86skier on preferring the look you have currently, but the grip tape being more practical. Probably the only concern I have with the grip tape is long-term durability (primarily the glue holding up in the heat/cold cycles,).

Then again, it shouldn't be overly difficult to apply fresh stuff if that does happen.
Need 15 more still. 😕

The glue is pretty robust. Used on skateboards and weather resistant. I have the same grip tape on the exterior of my truck on the CJC bumper step pads.

Need 15 more still. 😕

The glue is pretty robust. Used on skateboards and weather resistant. I have the same grip tape on the exterior of my truck on the CJC bumper step pads.
Pretty much the same as the sill protector material that should last a looong time.

I applied a little grip tape to the pedal for visual demonstration. My foot tends to hit this top area where there's no dimples, so I'm experimenting with it tomorrow.

The coefficient of friction for the smooth aluminum and boot sole rubber isn't the most ideal.

RkfHJup.jpeg

I think the best of both worlds would be the grip tape covering the whole pedal plus the dimples but not covering the dimples. I’d choose black grip tape and no dimples over the silver pedal with dimples though. Feels like it stands out too much in the footwell.

I want to order and it looks like a great product but feel the price tag is a little too high. I personally can’t justify the cost to benefit ratio.

No pictures, but it's exactly as you could imagine it. No holes and a black grip tape (just like a skateboard). Approximately 80 grit. Same pedal shape and size, just more friction for shoe and boot soles.
And Crocks?

And Crocks?
Got to have good traction for the crocs. Don’t want a croc slipping off and hitting the wrong pedals.

Probably wear a hole right through the crocs eventually if you’re heavy footed with the foot rest 😂

• Haha
I think the best of both worlds would be the grip tape covering the whole pedal plus the dimples but not covering the dimples. I’d choose black grip tape and no dimples over the silver pedal with dimples though. Feels like it stands out too much in the footwell.

I want to order and it looks like a great product but feel the price tag is a little too high. I personally can’t justify the cost to benefit ratio.
The silver disappears completely when the foot is resting on it. Understand on price, but it would be astronomically more expensive in lower quantities. This is the best I can do.

I think the best of both worlds would be the grip tape covering the whole pedal plus the dimples but not covering the dimples.
I agree on the combo sounding sweet, but I'm guessing that will make manufacturing cost even worse.

I applied a little grip tape to the pedal for visual demonstration. My foot tends to hit this top area where there's no dimples, so I'm experimenting with it tomorrow.

The coefficient of friction for the smooth aluminum and boot sole rubber isn't the most ideal.

RkfHJup.jpeg
At this point I trust you to make the right decision. You're a good product designer, and you have the rest in person. I'm personally on board with grip tape if that's what you feel is better. :)

Back