12v in bed.

Added a 12v accessory plug to the bed today for fridge operation.View attachment 13123
How did you secure them on the back side? The options I'm seeing have a threaded nut type fastener. If you used them, how did you reach the backside to tighten them?

The topper I got had 2 USB ports included but I didn't check to see if they had pulled power from the front battery or found it somewhere back there. Don't they make some kind of adapter to access the power from your trailer wiring plug as well?
View attachment 14718
I can’t confirm if it will work on these trucks

Tow Ready 118019 7-Way Cigarette Lighter Plug Adapter

How did you secure them on the back side? The options I'm seeing have a threaded nut type fastener. If you used them, how did you reach the backside to tighten them?
Yes, they are threaded with a plastic nut type fastener on the backside. You remove the taillight and then there is plenty of space to connect your fasteners and do your wiring. It is really easy to remove the taillights. I just found a video on Youtube. Basically there are two screws that you undo on each taillight near the tailgate. after that you just slide the light out and disconnect the light harness until you are ready to put it back on.

Yes, they are threaded with a plastic nut type fastener on the backside. You remove the taillight and then there is plenty of space to connect your fasteners and do your wiring. It is really easy to remove the taillights. I just found a video on Youtube. Basically there are two screws that you undo on each taillight near the tailgate. after that you just slide the light out and disconnect the light harness until you are ready to put it back on.
Okay cool. Thanks I appreciate your time and creativity. I’ll be doing something similar in the near future.

I really wanted to do a full Boondocking power setup in the back with a 100Ah battery in back, solar charge controller, inverter, fuse block, and battery isolator. The wiring of it all got a little intimidating for a newbie, so I chose to go with the Jackery 1000 which is similar to a Goal Zero. Should be able to power a Dometic 12v fridge for over a week with a portable solar panel.
1611277272725.png

The Ford manual says plugging a fridge in the outlet may blow a fuse n will void warranty. I have dual batteries. 7.3 gas . Any reason I can’t plug my fridge into the rear console plug?

The Ford manual says plugging a fridge in the outlet may blow a fuse n will void warranty. I have dual batteries. 7.3 gas . Any reason I can’t plug my fridge into the rear console plug?
Ford has to prove that. They can’t. Don’t be bullied by a dealership.

Nice work!

Back