TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor Lariat Ultimate Sport Silver Spruce
First Responder
Houston Fire
Added a 12v accessory plug to the bed today for fridge operation.
5B87161F-40F9-45BB-B151-A514DBDBFF2A.jpeg

Added a 12v accessory plug to the bed today for fridge operation.
That is cool. I don't have my tremor yet but are those holes already present or did you drill them? I don't suppose there was a live 12v wire back there was there? where did you wire it from? I would like to do the same - the one I ordered has upfitter switches so maybe I'll wire it in from there... if you ran the wiring, how much of a hassle was it? any drilling required? Thanks for sharing.

That is cool. I don't have my tremor yet but are those holes already present or did you drill them? I don't suppose there was a live 12v wire back there was there? where did you wire it from? I would like to do the same - the one I ordered has upfitter switches so maybe I'll wire it in from there... if you ran the wiring, how much of a hassle was it? any drilling required? Thanks for sharing.
Drilled them. Ran power directly to battery

I like that, might have to copy it.

Do you mind listing the links to the components that you used?
I will but a searched 12v accessory on amazon and tons will show up. Any will work. Ran marine grade wire up to batteries.

Does anyone know if they have a good plug to go through the firewall for running power wires???
run wires from where to where?

Anyone tapped into the plugs on the rear frame rail? They just have dummy plugs on them and I think they are for a chassis cab setup.

Piece of cake
Did you remove the tail light to do the wiring? Is there any benefit to running it directly to the battery rather than to an upfitter switch? I’m assuming the upfitter switch is overkill since this has its own power switch but then I didn’t know if having it connected to a fuse box added a benefit.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpeg
    IMG_4614.jpeg
    518.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4615.jpeg
    IMG_4615.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 249
The topper I got had 2 USB ports included but I didn't check to see if they had pulled power from the front battery or found it somewhere back there. Don't they make some kind of adapter to access the power from your trailer wiring plug as well?
View attachment 14718
They probably do, I'm just not smart enough to know about it. This was my first time doing any type of wiring on a vehicle. Rookie!

Back