Wish this was a happy intro.

What.....the.....f_ck....wow is all I can say to you OP. What a shitty retarded situation.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish i woulda just got another Tundra

I started looking at the Tremor pre COVID even driving one in February. After workin with 4 dealers in the area I settled on one. Then COVID sent everyone home and I had some unanswered questions about the truck I was able to order on line vs. reality. My on-line build let me add the 355 rear with the 7.3 and some other strange combinations But I could not add the quad LED Lighting without deleting the Tremor package. The sales manger took my list of wants and called me a month later saying he ordered a truck he thinks I’ll be happy with. He said when the factory opens and the order is built he will let me know.
Five months later I get call from the dealership saying they saw I was interested in the Bronco(an attempt to convince the wife that the Gladiator is not the vehicle for her) I told them I reserved a slot to order one, this was unknown to them. I then asked whatever happened to the truck the manager ordered for me and 2 weeks later they called back saying the truck came in. It was not exactly what I wanted on paper but close enough for me to buy it. Nowhere on the window sticker did it say quad beam LED lighting, but it appeared to be equipped with them. It did not have heated rear seats or steering wheel on the build sheet and it did not come with those items. It did have a block heater which was not needed but overall it seemed close enough that the deal was done and the trades were driven in.
As of this afternoon the same 2 offers are on the table with a twist.

#1 We can wait Ford out for the part to come in and they process my trades and someday the truck is repaired.

#2 They will place an order for a new truck exactly how we wanted it. We will go to the dealership and pick up our trades and wait for the truck to be delivered and then bring the trades back in and have them re-appraised taking the chance that the market does not change by much.

My wife wants option 2 and I am fine with either so you know were going with option 2. If for some reason Ford does not build the order and does not produce Tremors for the 2021 year we can re-purchase the original when it is repaired and corporate will seek adding on an extended warranty.

So perhaps in a couple months I’ll be back with the same truck or a very similar truck and some news on the Bronco order.

in the meantime I’ll be lurking picking up on the latest performance/customizing mods.

Jim in PA

I started looking at the Tremor pre COVID even driving one in February. After workin with 4 dealers in the area I settled on one. Then COVID sent everyone home and I had some unanswered questions about the truck I was able to order on line vs. reality. My on-line build let me add the 355 rear with the 7.3 and some other strange combinations But I could not add the quad LED Lighting without deleting the Tremor package. The sales manger took my list of wants and called me a month later saying he ordered a truck he thinks I’ll be happy with. He said when the factory opens and the order is built he will let me know.
Five months later I get call from the dealership saying they saw I was interested in the Bronco(an attempt to convince the wife that the Gladiator is not the vehicle for her) I told them I reserved a slot to order one, this was unknown to them. I then asked whatever happened to the truck the manager ordered for me and 2 weeks later they called back saying the truck came in. It was not exactly what I wanted on paper but close enough for me to buy it. Nowhere on the window sticker did it say quad beam LED lighting, but it appeared to be equipped with them. It did not have heated rear seats or steering wheel on the build sheet and it did not come with those items. It did have a block heater which was not needed but overall it seemed close enough that the deal was done and the trades were driven in.

#1 We can wait Ford out for the part to come in and they process my trades and someday the truck is repaired.

#2 They will place an order for a new truck exactly how we wanted it. We will go to the dealership and pick up our trades and wait for the truck to be delivered and then bring the trades back in and have them re-appraised taking the chance that the market does not change by much.

My wife wants option 2 and I am fine with either so you know were going with option 2. If for some reason Ford does not build the order and does not produce Tremors for the 2021 year we can re-purchase the original when it is repaired and corporate will seek adding on an extended warranty.

So perhaps in a couple months I’ll be back with the same truck or a very similar truck and some news on the Bronco order.

in the meantime I’ll be lurking picking up on the latest performance/customizing mods.

Jim in PA

Im confused...you ordered a truck that the dealership basically forgot about and it came in but not exactly how you ordered it, yet it also has LED headlights for free/not on the window sticker? What do you mean by saying they are going to repair it, add the heated stuff?

The truck that I built on the website allowed a 355 rear with the 7.3 and some other combos that the dealership could not order. So after relaying what I did want the sales manager ordered what he felt I wanted knowing it may not be exactly correct but still a sellable vehicle so he felt no regret ordering it.

No money was exchanged and months passed. Yes they did not keep in touch afterward. In the meanwhile I made repairs and modifications to my current truck(new front hubs and Bilstein struts/shocks and a couple other little things) to keep it running good. Then came the Bronco release and knowing the wife was more than interested in the Gladiator for herself I gave Ford $100 to place a reservation this Fall as a way to sidetrack her.

About a week and half later the dealership I chose for the Bronco(same as the one that ordered the truck) called me about the Bronco. That was when I brought up the Tremor and the salesman said he would look into it. I guess the manager forgot about it and never told the sales guy that I originally talked to that he ordered it when he was un-furloughed. 2 weeks later when the truck shows up everyone had a wake up call. No, the truck was not exactly what I asked for but only the 2 heated Items were not on the window sticker(they emailed me a photo of) besides the LEDs. Too excited to care we drove in and I saw what looked like the quad beams.

By repair they are going to fix the leak. That’s all.

These are the images sent me of the truck and window sticker when it came in. Unless I’m missing something I don’t see 1180 for quad beams and Quad beams is not part of the sport or ultimate package. The on-line build process still confuses me to this day. IMHO Once I select Lariet with tremor package from the F-250 vehicles to choose from, all no applicable options should be removed from the list of possibilities...

680EE74E-5B9F-4136-A964-7CC130E15268.jpeg
36968B8D-CECA-47B7-BC62-70C17192479F.jpeg
E12CE3D8-46F4-4A81-8233-DE45756AF591.jpeg
4D2F28BC-D58B-48EE-A8CD-1626BDA5C5E2.jpeg

The truck that I built on the website allowed a 355 rear with the 7.3 and some other combos that the dealership could not order. So after relaying what I did want the sales manager ordered what he felt I wanted knowing it may not be exactly correct but still a sellable vehicle so he felt no regret ordering it.

No money was exchanged and months passed. Yes they did not keep in touch afterward. In the meanwhile I made repairs and modifications to my current truck(new front hubs and Bilstein struts/shocks and a couple other little things) to keep it running good. Then came the Bronco release and knowing the wife was more than interested in the Gladiator for herself I gave Ford $100 to place a reservation this Fall as a way to sidetrack her.

About a week and half later the dealership I chose for the Bronco(same as the one that ordered the truck) called me about the Bronco. That was when I brought up the Tremor and the salesman said he would look into it. I guess the manager forgot about it and never told the sales guy that I originally talked to that he ordered it when he was un-furloughed. 2 weeks later when the truck shows up everyone had a wake up call. No, the truck was not exactly what I asked for but only the 2 heated Items were not on the window sticker(they emailed me a photo of) besides the LEDs. Too excited to care we drove in and I saw what looked like the quad beams.

By repair they are going to fix the leak. That’s all.

These are the images sent me of the truck and window sticker when it came in. Unless I’m missing something I don’t see 1180 for quad beams and Quad beams is not part of the sport or ultimate package. The on-line build process still confuses me to this day. IMHO Once I select Lariet with tremor package from the F-250 vehicles to choose from, all no applicable options should be removed from the list of possibilities...

View attachment 3854View attachment 3855View attachment 3856View attachment 3857

The quad beam LEDs are a part of the sport package.

Thats a good looking truck, you will not regret the 4.30 gears, especially with 35" tires

I did not know that and the sales team could not explain that was part of the reason for the high cost of the package. “Black vs chrome” and bed liner alone does not warrant the cost. Besides in the description for the package it does not list the quad beams but only says you get black light surrounds with the LED making me think I had to order those in the exterior section(part of the problem is that after you selected the sport package and complete the packages section quad beams are available to choose from in the next exterior section.) nevermind selecting them ends up deleting a lot of other stuff with no explanation like ”Dummy, you already had the Quad beams when you selected the sport package” . The other big items in that package you don’t even get like the running boards, wheels, tires yet they only discount you ~570 for not getting those things. I just figured your buying the other wheels tires and running boards as part of the tremor package pricing. I had a questioning attitude when it came to some stuff like the retractable running boards. I asked the salesman if I purchased them with the truck do they just put the Tremor/Raptor ones in the bed when I pick it up . After all I technically felt like I paid for both;)
50EFDAE7-96E5-43C6-AECA-2754181B4F08.jpeg

Last edited:
I did not know that and the sales team could not explain that was part of the reason for the high cost of the package. “Black vs chrome” and bed liner alone does not warrant the cost. Besides in the description for the package it does not list the quad beams but only says you get black light surrounds with the LED making me think I had to order those in the exterior section(part of the problem is that after you selected the sport package and complete the packages section quad beams are available to choose from in the next exterior section.) nevermind selecting them ends up deleting a lot of other stuff with no explanation like ”Dummy, you already had the Quad beams when you selected the sport package” . The other big items in that package you don’t even get like the running boards, wheels, tires yet they only discount you ~570 for not getting those things. I just figured your buying the other wheels tires and running boards as part of the tremor package pricing. I had a questioning attitude when it came to some stuff like the retractable running boards. I asked the salesman if I purchased them with the truck do they just put the Tremor/Raptor ones in the bed when I pick it up . After all I technically felt like I paid for both;)View attachment 3858
Had the exact same conversation with dealer about options and getting to take home extra paid for items ?

why can't the dealer pull a gasket of another super duty on their lot and wait for Ford to give them a new one?

Replacing the truck over a gasket is retarded, but what's the risk of driving it while leaking transmission fluid? You'd probably have to top it off all the time or risk serious damage to the transmission. I'm not sure I'd want to deal with that for more than a week or 2...and I find it hard to believe Ford doesn't have any gaskets they can ship relatively soon since they're actively building these trucks every day.

You should call Ford corporate and escalate this. I bet the regional service manager wouldn't be happy to know that a customer is being told there's no gaskets.

I'd tell them you want the truck replaced with a guarantee that if it's built as a 2021 you won't lose any of the options you selected, and you want a loaner vehicle while you wait for it.

As of right now the dealer has created another order for basically the same truck with the heated rear seats, wiper defroster/heated steering wheel. We need to drive in and retrieve our trades and wait this out. Suppose they will want the other key we still have for the truck... The Tow truck driver did not want to take the 2nd set for whatever reason. I have no idea if the order will go through. I read in other threads that people are ordering 2021 Tremors now with the winch and there was a price increase for the base truck. Whatever, maybe if I wash my trades while I wait, they will be worth more next time.

The service manager said that that they have the part ordered and listed as an emergency expedited order. It is currently on a back order status however there are 123 pieces expected to arrive at the packager. They opened a case with Ford and a global concern report to Ford and provided me with ID numbers for both cases. They have no ETA and will be back in touch when they find something out...
Is our 10 speed oil pan that much different from the 10 speed oil pans that have been out for a while? I do not know if it is really a cracked pan, pinched gasket or what but it does seem silly that it can’t be repaired with something till the part arrives. Time will tell. I can imagine this can and will happen with any new release vehicle. The new Bronco replacement parts may be available by 2025 so treat them right.

Last edited:
The service manager said that that they have the part ordered and listed as an emergency expedited order. It is currently on a back order status however there are 123 pieces expected to arrive at the packager. They opened a case with Ford and a global concern report to Ford and provided me with ID numbers for both cases. They have no ETA and will be back in touch when they find something out...
Is our 10 speed oil pan that much different from the 10 speed oil pans that have been out for a while? I do not know if it is really a cracked pan, pinched gasket or what but it does seem silly that it can’t be repaired with something till the part arrives. Time will tell. I can imagine this can and will happen with any new release vehicle. The new Bronco replacement parts may be available by 2025 so treat them right.

This is the first year for the 10 speed in the Super Duty, which is much larger than the one thats been out a few years in the F150. It looks like spare parts for the 7.3 and 10 speed trans are unobtainium and everything is being used to crank out new trucks to meet a high demand right now...not great for those that have warranty repairs pending. Hopefully they can snag one off the assembly line or something and get you back on the road soon.

The sales guy called us Saturday and asked that we come pick up our trades and bring back the second key for the Tremor. Since we traded 2 vehicles I asked for a ride in so we were not making several trips. Getting things back to square 1 only took a couple minutes as they did not have the time to submit any paperwork before the leak was found. Walking over to the truck I saw it’s new puddle and felt bad as I removed my personal belongings. The sales guy said they had no issue placing an order for the replacement after I questioned them ordering after Aug 10th. I saw that date on another thread as an end of 2020 orders. Also saw they dropped the magnetic color for 2021 and changed the packages around some. Just in case they were wrong about the order I asked for updates on the repair of the Tremor. Some people are saying their orders are being built really fast after ordering but most are waiting what seems like forever. I would like to get the undersides fluid filmed before the bad weather starts so we’ll see how this plays out.

The sales guy called us Saturday and asked that we come pick up our trades and bring back the second key for the Tremor. Since we traded 2 vehicles I asked for a ride in so we were not making several trips. Getting things back to square 1 only took a couple minutes as they did not have the time to submit any paperwork before the leak was found. Walking over to the truck I saw it’s new puddle and felt bad as I removed my personal belongings. The sales guy said they had no issue placing an order for the replacement after I questioned them ordering after Aug 10th. I saw that date on another thread as an end of 2020 orders. Also saw they dropped the magnetic color for 2021 and changed the packages around some. Just in case they were wrong about the order I asked for updates on the repair of the Tremor. Some people are saying their orders are being built really fast after ordering but most are waiting what seems like forever. I would like to get the undersides fluid filmed before the bad weather starts so we’ll see how this plays out.

If they do get the gasket ask them about the refill procedure on the trans, Im curious how they do it on these sealed transmissions.

One of the vehicles that was traded in also had a "sealed" transmission. The fluid was ~$45 a quart!. There was a small tube that you could access the fluid from(dipstick size) and I wondered if they used that to add fluid. I did not have much time with the Tremor to look over the engine bay thoroughly. I did see that I could easily see the condition of the air filter. I saw the 2 batteries and what sure looked like 2 alternators. I guess I was expecting 1 bigger one for the 397 amp option. Also saw enough room around the engine to work on it. Like a lot of folks I really wanted the 6.7 just because but really don't need it and I saw the 6.7's engine bay shaking my head thinking very little thought went into the packaging. Lines and hoses running every which way. OCD had nothing to do with that layout.

From a different perspective... let's also not overlook the fact that Ford might be very interested in finding out what caused the leak... from a design, installation , or product production stand point.

From a different perspective... let's also not overlook the fact that Ford might be very interested in finding out what caused the leak... from a design, installation , or product production stand point.
Add why the dealership did not catch that prior to delivery.

If it is indeed a gasket only I would have it replaced and not look back.
They could probably a gasket maker silicone just to get you going. then bring it back for the gasket replacement. Unless there is something else going on. I am more disappointed that Ford did not have any better protocol for this type of problem.

Add why the dealership did not catch that prior to delivery.

If it is indeed a gasket only I would have it replaced and not look back.
They could probably a gasket maker silicone just to get you going. then bring it back for the gasket replacement. Unless there is something else going on. I am more disappointed that Ford did not have any better protocol for this type of problem.
And yes new year issues is fine, but service and how it is handled/how quickly is a concern
For a “soon” to be converted GMC owner ?
Time will tell

Jim in PA
Seeing this, I'd say just wait for new truck and have them build it EXACTLY as you want it, not "close enough".

I would tell them to keep your trades. Did you already sign titles over to them? If so they own them now, don't take them back. Keep that money as credit towards your new build. You don't want to take them back and drive them around for 3 months chancing an accident or added depreciation that they'll then hold against your deal.

Then insist on a loaner while you wait. If Ford is willing to replace an entire $80K truck over a $5 fucking gasket, they ought to be willing to give you a piece of shit focus to drive around in for a couple months.

But yeah option #2 is the way to go. I didn't realize your truck was a "close enough" build. Fuck that, get the truck EXACTLY as you want it this time.

Latest Discussions

Back