kelwill1

kelwill1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F250 TREMOR
Smart cap website, for the Sport model, says side height is 23.62 inches. Not sure if thats outer or inner, but you should be fine. I think you'll have at least 9 inches of bed space still, and the gunner height, with handles, is 30 inches. I think there's enough play here to work. The opening will be the only question, but there's ways around that too
I saw the height of 23.62 as well. I am just not sure if that is the actual "side" piece or the actual side height. However, I agree... Around 23" in cab height, plus the 21" from the actual truck bed height, and then subtract the deck height of 12". I believe it'll go in just not sure how well lol. My redneck math says a 12 in 2x4 could fit over the top of the kennel and be under the top of the truck.

Vecman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ranger Tremor
I saw the height of 23.62 as well. I am just not sure if that is the actual "side" piece or the actual side height. However, I agree... Around 23" in cab height, plus the 21" from the actual truck bed height, and then subtract the deck height of 12". I believe it'll go in just not sure how well lol. My redneck math says a 12 in 2x4 could fit over the top of the kennel and be under the top of the truck.
I doubt the cap is 2-3 inches thick, so you should be perfect. Hopefully we're right!

Modman

Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2DR A51 Black Diamond Bronco
Welcome!!

OP
OP
kelwill1

kelwill1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F250 TREMOR
I doubt the cap is 2-3 inches thick, so you should be perfect. Hopefully we're right!
RSI just got back to me and he informed me that the door sits at 450mm and inner roof at 600mm. The bed of the truck is just over 21 inches deep. I measured my kennel just shy of 29" if I removed the handles and just shy of 33" diagonally. I believe its got to go in sideways and am just concerned it won't stand up... but hey could always take the kennel apart.... It never leaves my truck anyways.

weatherherk

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2022 F 250 Tremor 7.3
Just a kid from South Carolina, being forced to move around the country in the military and fly jets. Life couldn't be anybetter. Oh... and I own a tremor.
Forced huh..interesting.... flying what ?

Vecman

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350 Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Ranger Tremor
RSI just got back to me and he informed me that the door sits at 450mm and inner roof at 600mm. The bed of the truck is just over 21 inches deep. I measured my kennel just shy of 29" if I removed the handles and just shy of 33" diagonally. I believe its got to go in sideways and am just concerned it won't stand up... but hey could always take the kennel apart.... It never leaves my truck anyways.
I think it will stand up. It’s just getting it in. I’m hopeful for you that it will be fine
You could also setup the kennel, then have the cap placed after also

OP
OP
kelwill1

kelwill1

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2021 F250 TREMOR
I think it will stand up. It’s just getting it in. I’m hopeful for you that it will be fine
You could also setup the kennel, then have the cap placed after also
Thats my backup plan. put the deck on. put the kennel on. put the cab on top lol.

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge