Updated Vibration Video

Pretty sure mine rides the same and has from day 1. This is my 4th F250 and none have done this before. I even had a leveled 2015 with aftermarket Fuels and 37 Toyo RTs that didn’t ride as rough as this. I mentioned the rough ride to my dealer when I took back for the winch install. They convinced me it was the aggressive tread tires. No way that’s the case. My center console rattles pretty good and it can be felt in the steering wheel. Heck even the side mirrors and rear view mirror shake. Really noticeable at 65 and progressively gets worse towards 85

Ya, if someone tells me that's how it's supposed to be I don't think I will stay calm. No way I'm keeping this truck if it's "supposed to ride that way" - it's miserable when driving at higher speeds, but vibrates at low speeds to. Not a reasonable ride at all, even for a super duty.

What are you planning to do about it?

Find a shop that can true and balance the tires on your trucks, does wonders for trucks with vibration issues!
More than roadforce balancing?

Can't imagine I should have to take a brand new truck and get that done. Ugh.

Gonna try the dealership and have them true and balance (
preferably roadforce) and then go from there. I did a comparison of a water bottle in my console compared to yours. It doesn’t vibrate as bad as hours but there is still more vibration than there should be. Might try lowering the PSI in the tires.

More than roadforce balancing?

Can't imagine I should have to take a brand new truck and get that done. Ugh.
Yes, the tires are actually trued (shaved perfectly round) on the truck then balanced on the truck as well! I’ve had to do two previous trucks before!

Short lil video of my tremor at 80mph.
It's smooth. Your video looks hella bad compared to mine.
2021 f250 7.3 4500-ish miles on it.
Hope this helps

Short lil video of my tremor at 80mph.
It's smooth. Your video looks hella bad compared to mine.
2021 f250 7.3 4500-ish miles on it.
Hope this helps
Thanks! This is fantastic! If anything, it tells me I don't have unreasonable expectations that the truck shouldn't ride this bad.

Just went for a ride with the shop forman here at the dealer and he believes the tires are the problem. He is going to stay personally involved in getting everything right, so I'm going to take it back to the dealership on 4/19 when he is back from vacation. Not sure what the result will be, if Ford would give a credit I'd probably swap out to different tires, but I'll get some feedback from them on next steps.

Hearing the issue might just be tires is a big relief - but I got my hopes up when they said it was the torque convertor and it didn't fix the issue.

Yes, the tires are actually trued (shaved perfectly round) on the truck then balanced on the truck as well! I’ve had to do two previous trucks before!
Thanks for the details - I'll talk to them about it when I take it back on the 19th. The foreman believes its all based on a tire issue after going for a ride with me. Would have been nice if they fixed it when they had it for 2 months because of vibration, but I'm just relieved that it could just be tires and not something else major. If I can get this figured out, I can get back to upgrading some stuff on the truck!

The good news is thats a super easy test to just swap tires with another truck to test. I have had death wobble due to bad tires.

Thanks for the details - I'll talk to them about it when I take it back on the 19th. The foreman believes its all based on a tire issue after going for a ride with me. Would have been nice if they fixed it when they had it for 2 months because of vibration, but I'm just relieved that it could just be tires and not something else major. If I can get this figured out, I can get back to upgrading some stuff on the truck!
I hear you, if I have any issues now with new tires especially 35” and up I go straight to the shop and have them trued and balanced on the truck! Once done is like riding on glass!

Did you ever figure this problem out?
I don't think anyone has ever resolved the issues on any of the forums! lol I'm having the same exact problem and every post from every forum is the same way, never a resolution.

Quick scan of the comments from the video shows the OP never resolved the problem and had the truck replaced under the Lemon Law.

Quick scan of the comments from the video shows the OP never resolved the problem and had the truck replaced under the Lemon Law.

I'm having the same issue. My transmission also lags and shifts hard quite frequently.

Thanks for the heads up about the comments in the video, didn't even look as I just played the video through these forums.

When driving put the truck in neutral. If the vibration goes away it is most likely somewhere in the drivetrain. If it stays it might be something with the tires.

When driving put the truck in neutral. If the vibration goes away it is most likely somewhere in the drivetrain. If it stays it might be something with the tires.
I have had a vibration since new that has turned into a dangerous shake while towing a trailer. Basically at Highway speeds the whole truck bounces up and down violently and just like the OP it worse when you hit things like expansion joints. The weird thing is, I can get it to ride better by quickly getting on and off the throttle, it feels like something rotating and is only weighted to one side, think, ceiling fan with blades on one side, it's brutal.

I have had a vibration since new that has turned into a dangerous shake while towing a trailer. Basically at Highway speeds the whole truck bounces up and down violently and just like the OP it worse when you hit things like expansion joints. The weird thing is, I can get it to ride better by quickly getting on and off the throttle, it feels like something rotating and is only weighted to one side, think, ceiling fan with blades on one side, it's brutal.
Sounds similar to the death wobble on the front end.

Latest Discussions

Back