Undercoating?

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
I was quoted $499 from P and L automotive in Minneapolis to do undercoating spray, and inside panel spray. I had them do my last couple of vehicles and was very pleased with the results.
If your happy with them why change? I see you are in an area that uses salt and other ice melt products on the roads. They must know your conditions. WI is a tough state on vehicles, the constant freezing and thaw cycles. they use the liquid before snow and salt after. Seems to make vehicles rust and corrode very fast. I always have my new vehicles treated when they are new to help slow the process. Seems to work

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
I tried googling. Do you know if amsoul has locations that do it for you?

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I tried googling. Do you know if amsoul has locations that do it for you?
They pretty much just distribute the products. I order online and it shows up at my dealer. I have an commercial account to get better prices. ( I don't want to be a dealer). My dealership has a small repair shop maybe they would do the work. Some Amsoil dealers are also repair shops others are just, retail drop points for USP that have a small store front. You can purchase direct from Amsoil but you pay retail. Better to find a dealership and get a discount. I hate all the price tiers from Amsoil.

IceSoldier88

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Miltary
Army
Current Ride
Velocity Blue F350 Diesel with Sport & Ultimate package
Current Ride #2
20 Explorer / 18 Indian Chieftain Limited / 19 Can-Am Defender XMR
First Responder
Volunteer Firefighter
Good to know. Thank you!

LBK

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F 350 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
Green Bean, 2000 civic EX, loaded
Dealer did mine before pickup. At a glance in the parking lot it looked like a pretty good job with minimal overspray and substantial coating... But I need to get a good look at it in the Light. Gettin' dark quick here, that time of year
Doc :
Do you know what product your dealer used and did come with any sort of protection warranty?
My dealer offered a Zbart (? Spelling) undercoating which is a 1 time application however, the place that did it was closed , due to the Covid issue in April when I bought / picked mine up.

the_doc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'20 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
'02 Explorer V8
Doc :
Do you know what product your dealer used and did come with any sort of protection warranty?
My dealer offered a Zbart (? Spelling) undercoating which is a 1 time application however, the place that did it was closed , due to the Covid issue in April when I bought / picked mine up.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it. I just told them I wanted it done and it happened. =/

This is def a one time application type of deal tho. It's the old thick black paint stuff. Surprisingly good job of not spraying it everywhere when I crawled under and looked. I'm happy with it

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Unfortunately I don't know anything about it. I just told them I wanted it done and it happened. =/

This is def a one time application type of deal tho. It's the old thick black paint stuff. Surprisingly good job of not spraying it everywhere when I crawled under and looked. I'm happy with it
they probably gave you a written warranty with your paperwork
I basically got the same deal with mine has a 8 year warranty but if you read the fine print its just a bunch of words. They did spray my Tremor shocks so you can't see them they are just black now. :mad:

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge