Tremor Dream'n ..

One other thing....been Driving around Fayetteville NC for a year now....30 minutes to work and back (Ft Bragg) and the 6.7 Avgs 17 miles to gallon...on the hwy it gets 20-25...can't beat that...and it's a Mustang GT in dump truck clothing. Lots of Maintenance though but not terrible......

The engine is so quiet and powerful it WILL make you crazy.

I really want the 6.7 but don't know anything about diesel. From what I hear if I don't run it for long drives or tow really heavy they'll mess up. I do a lot of stops 30 minutes drive between each . And occasionally tow a 6000 pound trailer . Do you think a diesel will be a good match .sorry for stealing someones post
I would go 6.7 if you can afford it i run mine all around town never have had any problems whether short runs or long runs

One other thing....been Driving around Fayetteville NC for a year now....30 minutes to work and back (Ft Bragg) and the 6.7 Avgs 17 miles to gallon...on the hwy it gets 20-25...can't beat that...and it's a Mustang GT in dump truck clothing. Lots of Maintenance though but not terrible......

Yes the power is crazy ??

my 2 cents on the matter is: if you are towing a ton of miles the 6.7 is the motor you want. It is by far the best combo for towing and play. If you are doing a weekend jaunt to the hills a few weekends a year, the gasser would suffice. They will both get the similar mpg while towing within a few mpg's of eachother, those long flat straight line drives you will not regret having a diesel and getting 15 to 17 towing an Airstream. The gasser will be around 9 to 11 mpg...the diesel motor weighs a bit more, but if you are not going to the sand dunes and planning on burying the truck you won't need the lighter front end of the gasser...it is an 800 pound difference..as to the trim level, I am a lariat guy with all the options, I cannot stand the trim of the platinum and king ranch on the tailgates...the limited is severly over priced...like I said just my two cents The Antimatter Blue is a beautiful color, but for me if I was going to be pin striping with brush, I woull take an Oxford white. My new truck is the Magnetic Grey and man with is is freshly washed nothing compares in my opinion. The only reason I have not done the tree trails, they show like crazy on the flaked painted trucks.

Thank you sir, I would really like a diesel but don't want anything breaking it because I'm not running it enough . I drive 3 hours to the beach just about once a week

I would go 6.7 if you can afford it i run mine all around town never have had any problems whether short runs or long runs
Thank you sir it's a really hard decision because I think diesels are badass and maybe it'll be an excuse to get a bigger trailer

my 2 cents on the matter is: if you are towing a ton of miles the 6.7 is the motor you want. It is by far the best combo for towing and play. If you are doing a weekend jaunt to the hills a few weekends a year, the gasser would suffice. They will both get the similar mpg while towing within a few mpg's of eachother, those long flat straight line drives you will not regret having a diesel and getting 15 to 17 towing an Airstream. The gasser will be around 9 to 11 mpg...the diesel motor weighs a bit more, but if you are not going to the sand dunes and planning on burying the truck you won't need the lighter front end of the gasser...it is an 800 pound difference..as to the trim level, I am a lariat guy with all the options, I cannot stand the trim of the platinum and king ranch on the tailgates...the limited is severly over priced...like I said just my two cents The Antimatter Blue is a beautiful color, but for me if I was going to be pin striping with brush, I woull take an Oxford white. My new truck is the Magnetic Grey and man with is is freshly washed nothing compares in my opinion. The only reason I have not done the tree trails, they show like crazy on the flaked painted trucks.
Not really a sand dude guy more of an overlander and hunting guy but don't know if that'll be enough for a 6.7

I would be wary of the claims of over 20mpg empty or over 15mpg towing with the diesel. I'm not saying folks aren't really seeing it, but here my experience: I put 22k miles on my 2018 diesel crew short bed with 3.54 gears towing and half the miles we're towing between 6k and 10k, either a deckover 7' ceiling 8x18 v-nose (maybe 9 ft tall over all) enclosed sled trailer or a 26' travel trailer. At 60mph empty I could touch 20 or 21mpg. At 75mph empty running across Washington state (300 miles each way) on I-90 with 1 moderate mountain pass and 1 canyon climb I would get 16mpg every time. Towing the above trailers to Utah, Montana, southern Idaho, and central Washington at speed limit to 5 over I would get 10mpg with the sled trailer and 8 with the TT with very few exceptions...with a head wind in Montana 6mpg was possible, and with a tail wind in Washington maybe 12, but never more. Your mileage may vary!

If there isn't one already we should start an MPG thread with truck, load, and route details!

Not really a sand dude guy more of an overlander and hunting guy but don't know if that'll be enough for a 6.7
I think the 7.3 is for you! If I did not have to tow heavy things I would love to have the 7.3. I have a 6.7 love it but am concerned about long term on all the emission control devices and filters. The 7.3 is something you can keep stock or upgrade performance parts. you don't really have any "heavy" trailers so it should work for you. I also still stand behind the F250, its a bit less and annual plate fees will also be less. Just my 02 cents worth again.

I think the 7.3 is for you! If I did not have to tow heavy things I would love to have the 7.3. I have a 6.7 love it but am concerned about long term on all the emission control devices and filters. The 7.3 is something you can keep stock or upgrade performance parts. you don't really have any "heavy" trailers so it should work for you. I also still stand behind the F250, its a bit less and annual plate fees will also be less. Just my 02 cents worth again.
Thank you sir I really appreciate it

I have a 2021 F350 with the 6.7. I just rolled over 1,000 miles and have gotten 18-20 mpg on my first 3 tankfuls. Thats just local driving zero long highway miles. I hate the def and needless “pollution” junk but still prefer the diesel. At some point all that excess weight will be deleted. Then even more power and better mpg - which ultimately helps the “environment” more.

I would be wary of the claims of over 20mpg empty or over 15mpg towing with the diesel. I'm not saying folks aren't really seeing it, but here my experience: I put 22k miles on my 2018 diesel crew short bed with 3.54 gears towing and half the miles we're towing between 6k and 10k, either a deckover 7' ceiling 8x18 v-nose (maybe 9 ft tall over all) enclosed sled trailer or a 26' travel trailer. At 60mph empty I could touch 20 or 21mpg. At 75mph empty running across Washington state (300 miles each way) on I-90 with 1 moderate mountain pass and 1 canyon climb I would get 16mpg every time. Towing the above trailers to Utah, Montana, southern Idaho, and central Washington at speed limit to 5 over I would get 10mpg with the sled trailer and 8 with the TT with very few exceptions...with a head wind in Montana 6mpg was possible, and with a tail wind in Washington maybe 12, but never more. Your mileage may vary!

If there isn't one already we should start an MPG thread with truck, load, and route details!
I have never gotten below 18 mpg on my 2021 6.7 but only has 3 tanks in her. Only small utility trailer

You were short 1 10 speed...…..In the 13k miles on my truck I average 16 mpg city driving in Fayetteville NC. Driving to work I get a little better maybe 17 (there is some highway mixed in there). On I 95 driving 65-70 ...I have gotten 25MPG on 1 100 mile stretch. I average 20-21 MPG up and down the interstate no matter how fast I drive. I won't speak to the towing numbers, but a 2020 6.7 Tremor is a whole different animal than any 2018 Superduty.

...a 2020 6.7 Tremor is a whole different animal than any 2018 Superduty.

I believe you could be right about the 10 speed, and I really hope the '21 is a while different animal as mine (finally!) shows up in a couple of weeks... although this one will have the 7.3. Having a poor experience with the 6.7 6-speed mileage should make the 7.3's mileage down right pleasing : ) I'll be sure to post my findings.

Back