Tremor Dogs! Let’s See Um!

IMG_4926.jpeg

It’s been an interesting 24 hours. Our GSP “Kimber” found a rattlesnake in the yard yesterday. Didn’t work out in her favor. She got nailed right on her whiskers on the left hand side of her face. Spent the night last night at the vet and just made it home right now for the rest of her recovery. Still very swollen, but the vet said she reacted great to the antivenin for the western diamondback rattlesnake. Huge shout out to Dr. Wengert and his staff at the Marana Veterinary Clinic. She wasn’t doing great by the time we finally got there and they got her right in and got the meds rolling. Thank you to them is an understatement.

She was out free roaming the yard when it happened, so I haven’t located the snake yet. God rest its soul when I do.

3rd picture is her new favorite nap position for a few days ago.
View attachment 119471View attachment 119473View attachment 119474

View attachment 119472
That’s great that you got her help quick enough. I took my Weims to a snake avoidance class to help avoid something like that happening to them. They never have encountered a rattler outside of that class. Does she get extra treats tonight?

It’s been an interesting 24 hours. Our GSP “Kimber” found a rattlesnake in the yard yesterday. Didn’t work out in her favor. She got nailed right on her whiskers on the left hand side of her face. Spent the night last night at the vet and just made it home right now for the rest of her recovery. Still very swollen, but the vet said she reacted great to the antivenin for the western diamondback rattlesnake. Huge shout out to Dr. Wengert and his staff at the Marana Veterinary Clinic. She wasn’t doing great by the time we finally got there and they got her right in and got the meds rolling. Thank you to them is an understatement.

She was out free roaming the yard when it happened, so I haven’t located the snake yet. God rest its soul when I do.

3rd picture is her new favorite nap position for a few days ago.
View attachment 119471View attachment 119473View attachment 119474

View attachment 119472
She's a sweet looking gal, glad she's doing ok. My sister's dog got hit by a rattlesnake a few years ago, it was a scary few days.

That’s great that you got her help quick enough. I took my Weims to a snake avoidance class to help avoid something like that happening to them. They never have encountered a rattler outside of that class. Does she get extra treats tonight?
Funny you say that, my wife and I were just talking about booking a class for her about a week ago. I talked to our trainer today and he was saying that he’s seen many gsp’s still get bit after they have had the avoidance class. Not that he wasn’t recommending it, just said it doesn’t always stick with the high drive these dogs have. I’m still planning on taking her to a class to see how she responds to it in about a month.

Absolutely! Haha this dog got more loving tonight than the first day we brought her home. It was so quiet last night without her we didn’t know what to do.
She's a sweet looking gal, glad she's doing ok. My sister's dog got hit by a rattlesnake a few years ago, it was a scary few days.
Thanks! She’s a good girl. Yea it was scary once I realized what had happened. She had treatment within about an hour of it happening. I’d imagine much longer and things start going downhill.

Everything turn out ok with your sisters pup?

Funny you say that, my wife and I were just talking about booking a class for her about a week ago. I talked to our trainer today and he was saying that he’s seen many gsp’s still get bit after they have had the avoidance class. Not that he wasn’t recommending it, just said it doesn’t always stick with the high drive these dogs have. I’m still planning on taking her to a class to see how she responds to it in about a month.

Absolutely! Haha this dog got more loving tonight than the first day we brought her home. It was so quiet last night without her we didn’t know what to do.

Thanks! She’s a good girl. Yea it was scary once I realized what had happened. She had treatment within about an hour of it happening. I’d imagine much longer and things start going downhill.

Everything turn out ok with your sisters pup?
Like you mentioned, once they figured out what had happened they were able to get her treated and she did great. The only difference is now she tends to ride on top of their ATV more often than running along side it. :)

Our two are still loving life on the road. After one year of full timing it’s safe to say they adjusted easily and handle new parks/places with ease. They love their travel days, but once we open the door to the camper they are home and settle right in.

Sutton (f) - 50# German Shepherd/Staffordshire Terrier mix. She’s our pound puppy. We got her at 4 months old from the pound and she’ll be 8 in a few days.

Rhett (m) - 90# Black Lab/Australian Shepherd mix. He just turned 3 on St. Patty‘s Day; he’s a COVID baby. One our our neighbors had a black lab and across the street they had an Australian Shepherd that “was about to be fixed”. We’ll, they didn’t get to it soon enough and here we are.

F4B936D6-4FC8-46E9-B4B1-73E171E8433D.jpeg
C826424B-8FDC-4400-B0FA-BB2ED5E25BC2.jpeg
68672A74-221F-4CC1-AA69-34D1F7BA7D1E.jpeg
11DDA08B-4EBB-40CD-A787-B944D510AFF8.jpeg
F51D3B7D-3C2E-415D-AABD-D7A7656B2BF1.jpeg
EB5A9094-807D-4085-BE3E-CD1E25120266.jpeg

Life would be unbearable without pooches. Thanks everyone for sharing your family with us. This is one of my favorite threads so far on the forum, even if it has little to do with our Tremors. Although my dogs and most of these in the pics absolutely love Tremor rides! 😁 🍻

Back