Trailer TPMS and Camera Wiring

Pompey

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Subaru Outback
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
I’ve been looking at the instructions and kit Ford provide and I not particularly impressed.

The main plug appears not to click into place. On the roads I plan on going on, that could be a problem. Am I missing something?

Where the TPMS connector plugs on to the TPMS sensor. How do you secure the connector as it does not click in either. If someone knows, could you please include a photo.

Where the camera connector plugs into the camera. It doesn’t look at all weatherproof. Again, am I missing something?

I’d appreciate any help.

I have the TPMS connectors and the TPMS sensor that goes under the trailer to pickup the tire sensor data. The plug at the bumper doesn't "click" in place, but it does have a positive holding cap that holds the connector in place and does double duty to seal the connector on the bumper when not in use. I've had no problems with it coming loose. On the trailer, there is a "holder" that you plug the pigtail into when not in use. All seems to work well. The connector for sensor pickup under the trailer is positive click damp location rubber sealed where it connects to the pigtail. If you need a copy of the .PDF instructions, I can upload it or PM it to you. If you want real pics, I can do that too.

I have the TPMS connectors and the TPMS sensor that goes under the trailer to pickup the tire sensor data. The plug at the bumper doesn't "click" in place, but it does have a positive holding cap that holds the connector in place and does double duty to seal the connector on the bumper when not in use. I've had no problems with it coming loose. On the trailer, there is a "holder" that you plug the pigtail into when not in use. All seems to work well. The connector for sensor pickup under the trailer is positive click damp location rubber sealed where it connects to the pigtail. If you need a copy of the .PDF instructions, I can upload it or PM it to you. If you want real pics, I can do that too.

Thanks. Yes, some photos would be nice.

Latest Discussions

Back