They are starting to arrive

Well I was a little taken aback first with the size. But after some wheel time I found the truck solid and with a reasonable ride. The higher profile side walls of the tires on a 18 inch rim did lend a small degree of wallowing when pushed in fast lane changes and tight corners, but honestly these parameters are not in this trucks mission statement anyway.
The 7.3 had a lot of torque as I loaded it on small/medium grades just out of town with the CControl set at 40 mph. It would stay in 10th gear and load up but not downshift, tranny program in normal and not Eco. Surprised to see that it starts in first gear all the time. I expected with that torque curve 2nd would be plenty sufficient on light throttle.
Full throttle from rolling 20 mph (due to the rain on the road again) with traction control on the truck rapidly went through the gears sequentially with a firm upshift (Normal mode) @ 4800 RPM even tho redline is at 6000 RPMs. This makes sense when reviewing the dyno curves that TFLT have posted The traction control was actively intervening but in a very non intrusive way. In other words it was noticeable but not by large fluctuations in timing or throttle position that can make many systems a pain. Acceleration felt very linear with no surges like the 5.0 when the cam phase shift occurs in the upper 3000s RPM.

-1600 RPM @ 60 MPH
-15.4 mpg (US gallon) in moderate rain 8 MPH headwind 100 miles break in only at the above velocity
-no start stop which was nice
-off the light gas consumption was bad but it is a lot of mass to get rolling, throttle modulation will be important if one was worried about mileage

Well I was a little taken aback first with the size. But after some wheel time I found the truck solid and with a reasonable ride. The higher profile side walls of the tires on a 18 inch rim did lend a small degree of wallowing when pushed in fast lane changes and tight corners, but honestly these parameters are not in this trucks mission statement anyway.
The 7.3 had a lot of torque as I loaded it on small/medium grades just out of town with the CControl set at 40 mph. It would stay in 10th gear and load up but not downshift, tranny program in normal and not Eco. Surprised to see that it starts in first gear all the time. I expected with that torque curve 2nd would be plenty sufficient on light throttle.
Full throttle from rolling 20 mph (due to the rain on the road again) with traction control on the truck rapidly went through the gears sequentially with a firm upshift (Normal mode) @ 4800 RPM even tho redline is at 6000 RPMs. This makes sense when reviewing the dyno curves that TFLT have posted The traction control was actively intervening but in a very non intrusive way. In other words it was noticeable but not by large fluctuations in timing or throttle position that can make many systems a pain. Acceleration felt very linear with no surges like the 5.0 when the cam phase shift occurs in the upper 3000s RPM.

-1600 RPM @ 60 MPH
-15.4 mpg (US gallon) in moderate rain 8 MPH headwind 100 miles break in only at the above velocity
-no start stop which was nice
-off the light gas consumption was bad but it is a lot of mass to get rolling, throttle modulation will be important if one was worried about mileage
Was that mpg all highway or combined?

That was highway trip 1 reset for only 20 miles, two adults, two chihuahuas, no load, conditions as mentioned. City wasn't strictly noted but eyeball on the go 15-20% lower depending on the number of launches from a standstill. Truck is still tight so I wasn't too diligent with the low miles and rainy weather to get too technical.

That was highway trip 1 reset for only 20 miles, two adults, two chihuahuas, no load, conditions as mentioned. City wasn't strictly noted but eyeball on the go 15-20% lower depending on the number of launches from a standstill. Truck is still tight so I wasn't too diligent with the low miles and rainy weather to get too technical.
Thanks, I’m debating on trading my eco in for the 7.3 just worried a little about fuel consumption I know I shouldn’t be to concerned considering the size and all but it looks like a 6-7 mpg hit. Any pics?

If you are towing the mileage penalty would not be that wide. As a city daily driver yah probably 5-6 mpg variance.
Only pic is it coming off the trailer. We've had crap weather so it got dirty after driving off the showroom floor where they detailed it for delivery.

Attachments

• Resized_20200106_084047.jpg
    Resized_20200106_084047.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 95
I’m in Oklahoma and rest drove a Black Tremor with the platinum pkg on the 7th of January. Didn’t want black and they couldn’t find me a star white and they searched the entire US, ended up just ordering one and got it EXACTLY like I want it. Now the waiting game starts!

I’m in Oklahoma and rest drove a Black Tremor with the platinum pkg on the 7th of January. Didn’t want black and they couldn’t find me a star white and they searched the entire US, ended up just ordering one and got it EXACTLY like I want it. Now the waiting game starts!
Welcome to the party bud, ordered my KR 7.3 in star white on Nov 20 and I'm still about 2 weeks away. Ga from KTP. Just work and make money until she's here that's what I've done. ??

Welcome to the party bud, ordered my KR 7.3 in star white on Nov 20 and I'm still about 2 weeks away. Ga from KTP. Just work and make money until she's here that's what I've done. ??
Yeah that's about what I'm gonna do. Gonna be a long few months.. lol

Ordered 10/24. Got build date of 12/14. Got a VIN number 11/26. Window sticker appeared today. Looks like I get a Friday the 13th truck. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 20200113_164605.jpg
    20200113_164605.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 109
Gas,, timing about right, you ordered almost exactly a month ahead of mine, Updates plz sir. ??
Got a short drive to fill up with gas. Drives real nice. Very snappy. No turbo lag. Forgot what that felt like. Shifts smooth as silk. Quite a step up getting into it. But I didn't want the power running board because of freeze up problems.

Attachments

• 20200113_164550.jpg
    20200113_164550.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 115
Got a short drive to fill up with gas. Drives real nice. Very snappy. No turbo lag. Forgot what that felt like. Shifts smooth as silk. Quite a step up getting into it. But I didn't want the power running board because of freeze up problems.
Had the same board's on my 13 Raptor (close), you'll like mm, I put FMC mudd guards on my trucks in ga. I live in a cow pasture paradise, so I use my trucks ,,my 17 lariat 6.7 has been perfect, I miss my v8 ready for a change. and softer ride at slower speeds with the suspension changes,,shall C.??

Congrats! That color combo with the black wheels looks really good!

Congrats man! Looks awesome!

Back