The more I drive it the less I like it.

Just can't get it out of my head. The more I drive it the the less I like it. I sold my 08 F250 and purchased this Tremor. To be honest just not happy with it. Not sure if it is the tremor package or just the new Super Dutys. I still have a 2000 Excursion with 7.3. whick I like driving more than the 2020. I currently have 6500k on the truck and still can't get used to the 10 speed trans. It down shifts like shit. The longer im in it for a drive it seems the worse it rides and the worse it down shifts. My 08 was lifted and rode a lot better. The 08 had 175k and drove smoother than the 2020 does. It also towed better. The 08 was 2000 lbs. Heavier. The same trailer throws the 2020 around like a rag. The tremor also has a low vibration when towing. Which the dealer has no answers for. Rear camera is glitchy. Oh and did I mention the trans shifts like shit. Alot of people complain about up shifts. Line up shifts fine but the downs shifts are enough to make you car sick on a long ride. Not sure how many miles I'm keeping the thing for. Rant over.. thanks for listening
It took.me a while to appreciate some things over my 09 SD. More towing sway because of the big tires. Power is ludicrous though. Hope you get used to it.

Just can't get it out of my head. The more I drive it the the less I like it. I sold my 08 F250 and purchased this Tremor. To be honest just not happy with it. Not sure if it is the tremor package or just the new Super Dutys. I still have a 2000 Excursion with 7.3. whick I like driving more than the 2020. I currently have 6500k on the truck and still can't get used to the 10 speed trans. It down shifts like shit. The longer im in it for a drive it seems the worse it rides and the worse it down shifts. My 08 was lifted and rode a lot better. The 08 had 175k and drove smoother than the 2020 does. It also towed better. The 08 was 2000 lbs. Heavier. The same trailer throws the 2020 around like a rag. The tremor also has a low vibration when towing. Which the dealer has no answers for. Rear camera is glitchy. Oh and did I mention the trans shifts like shit. Alot of people complain about up shifts. Line up shifts fine but the downs shifts are enough to make you car sick on a long ride. Not sure how many miles I'm keeping the thing for. Rant over.. thanks for listening

sounds like there’s an issue with your transmission. I just drove 1200 miles this past weekend and had no issues. I also live in the DC region with a lot of “stop and go” traffic, and I dont feel anything slipping or any hard up/down shifts.

sounds like there’s an issue with your transmission. I just drove 1200 miles this past weekend and had no issues. I also live in the DC region with a lot of “stop and go” traffic, and I dont feel anything slipping or any hard up/down shifts.
Drove mine in stop n go, long hauls and rural dirt roads, I have been watching for any symptoms and NONE.... I need to see the gauge indicator on the dash to see it shift gears in Normal mode. You can feel the shifting and downshifting in TOW mode. I will say its more fun to drive in Normal or Sport mode than Tow mode. I did check the recall website again this am and so far no recalls for me. Mid Feb build date.

Interesting,, I kinda feel the same way about this 10 speed. It just doesn't feel right. You sure as he'll can't race with it. To much lag in shifting gears. I have noticed it getting better about the downshifts for hills. Maybe we're both still learning?
Disappointed in the fuel tank! For sure.
It's a great truck over all.
The Weathertech mats disappoint everytime I get in the truck!

2020/6 build. XLT trim. 7800 miles
5 star tuning, MBRP stainless exhaust

Interesting,, I kinda feel the same way about this 10 speed. It just doesn't feel right. You sure as he'll can't race with it. To much lag in shifting gears. I have noticed it getting better about the downshifts for hills. Maybe we're both still learning?

You have the 7.3? i think the programing is so different in my 6.7
but agree not a racer.

They are heavy trucks. I could understand coming from a 150 but he had a 250.
Mine is great, I look forward to driving it every day
I drove a 2018 F-150 Platinum turbo 6cyl 10 speed and I loved it. I held off buying the F-250 until they got the 10 speed transmission.

Last edited:
Definitely seems like most of the complaints are from the 7.3 trucks. My 7.3 trans is a little clunky when unloaded, but towing it seems much better. I wonder if it is due to the 4.30 gears being so low. 1st gear seems really low on the truck, almost like a granny gear and can make it buck when shifting in and out depending on your driving style. The diesel may have a little more lag and torque management at low speeds helping smooth it out as well, plus the taller axle gears.

I have over 6200 on my 7.3, 4:30 geared Lariat Tremor and have had no shifting issues at all. It is especially better when you hammer on it and let it go through the gears. Very responsive, and I only feel the downshifts if I happen to put it in TOW mode. Even then it just feels precise. If I was you I would let a service tech drive it.

I have over 6200 on my 7.3, 4:30 geared Lariat Tremor and have had no shifting issues at all. It is especially better when you hammer on it and let it go through the gears. Very responsive, and I only feel the downshifts if I happen to put it in TOW mode. Even then it just feels precise. If I was you I would let a service tech drive it.
This is how mine shifts also.......and I don't have the crazy scraping noise with it stopped at a stop light either....

I've not had a single issue so far luckily. No issues with interior quality either. Interior is functional and durable. If you're looking for leather wrapped everything, get a navigator. To compare this interior to an 05 Tahoe is ridiculous since the 05 Tahoe interior was looks like it came out of 85. The newer GM trucks are't any better. Truck drives great for how capable it is. The ride gets a little choppy on uneven surfaces and expansion joints but that's to be expected with any heavy duty truck. Tranny is smooth. I don't feel any of the shifts with regular driving. The trail control system is awesome for back-road driving. Way better than the Toyota version. 6.7 power is amazing. My foot hasn't touched the floor once and this thing is still a rocket-ship even at part throttle.

Mine still hunts for gears or gets confused when I'm at a stop, give it a little gas, then hit the brakes. Gets a little jerky. If my driving is decisive, the transmission works well. If I'm tapping the gas then brakes at low speeds, it bucks sometimes. Normal? 4k miles so far.

No issues when towing 10k boat/trailer or the 3k camper.

7.3 or 6.7?

Sport mode?
Hit the traction control button twice, goes into sport mode will also turn off traction control but with 1050 lbs of torque and my desire to purchase new tires its great!

just read about a tranny recall, may want to check on yours
Coincidentally; I just got my recall corrected today when I took it in for service at the dealer. I had a few spotty issues but I had no real complaints. The dealership told me they were going to reflash the transmission due to a recall. I would definitely see if the new programming helped out the transmission.

Had mine for just over 2k miles now and the ten speed is just as smooth and seem less shifting as my ‘17 150 was. The ride is almost as good also....

The more I drive it the more I like it. I can understand why some don't care for the how the tranny shifts, there is definitely a brain lapse if I'm on/off on/off the gas pedal, decide to punch it then change my mind and try to ease it back on, or leaving my uphill driveway if I start creeping and it tries to shift to third then I goose it there is hesitation while it shifts back to 2nd or 1st then traction control kicks in and I feel no go with cars coming up behind me. As "ShiverMeTimbers" said, if you're decisive in inputs it shifts great. Whishy washy inputs make it jerky and lead to dead spots in acceleration. 7.3l engine for me. manual shifting helps but that is a lot of button pressing.

Back