Current Ride
2021 F250 Lariat Tremor 6.7
Current Ride #2
2017 F250 Lariat 6.7 and 2017 Harley Road King Special

Attachments

• qrcode_www.planetfordsales.com (1).png
    qrcode_www.planetfordsales.com (1).png
    15.7 KB · Views: 30
I dropped it down to just the F350 SRW and they list 29 of them, but while scrolling through only 1 was potentially in stock. All of the others said either on order or in transit. At least if there is one that would work for someone and the deal was right, they could stake claim to it and it would be there eventually.

I was just at my local dealership and they did not have any but on the front window they had all the order sheets for the trucks on the schedule they had 30-40 of them all said "coming soon", they also told me the wait was 22-24 weeks for a 2022 Superduty and that to me is not "coming soon".

I was just at my local dealership and they did not have any but on the front window they had all the order sheets for the trucks on the schedule they had 30-40 of them all said "coming soon", they also told me the wait was 22-24 weeks for a 2022 Superduty and that to me is not "coming soon".
Glad I finally bit the bullet and ordered when I did last August. I thought the 12 week wait I had was bad, don't think I could handle potentially 6 months out...

Glad I finally bit the bullet and ordered when I did last August. I thought the 12 week wait I had was bad, don't think I could handle potentially 6 months out...
22-24 weeks is bull shit, I found a 2020 new elsewhere 90% of what I wanted.
had to pay a bit more but I have it.

Planet is not the best place to buy a vehicle because they add all kinds of "non-negotiable" dealer markups, and they rarely come down from MSRP on hard to find trucks, like Raptors, Tremors, etc. I use them to do the "test drive" because they normally have all the colors and options in stock, but I will never buy from them.

Planet is not the best place to buy a vehicle because they add all kinds of "non-negotiable" dealer markups, and they rarely come down from MSRP on hard to find trucks, like Raptors, Tremors, etc. I use them to do the "test drive" because they normally have all the colors and options in stock, but I will never buy from them.
I've never done business with them personally. Good to know, Thanks.

I've never done business with them personally. Good to know, Thanks.
Don’t get me wrong, they are a huge dealership with lots of inventory. They usually have over 1000 F150s in stock and you can get lost wondering around their many acres of vehicles. Their sales guys used to hound you right when you pulled into their lot, but that has died down somewhat. Now, they wait to swarm as you start to approach the sales building. I park at the very back on a side street and wonder aimlessly looking at trucks without being accosted unless I really need to take a test drive. After finding exactly the options and colors I like in person, I go online and do the purchase virtually from another dealer.

Yes definitely only buy from them if are willing to pay full MSRP. I just got off the phone with them about the F350 Lariat black out tremor that they have coming in and they would not budge off MSRP. I told them I would buy the truck right now and pay to have it shipped to SC if he would get anywhere close to invoice price. Basically told me they only sell at MSRP and they will find a buyer at that price. So I guess such are the times we are in. I guess they have no incentive to settle for keeping all of the dealer hold back when there's more buyers than trucks. I will just wait until things calm down.

Yes definitely only buy from them if are willing to pay full MSRP. I just got off the phone with them about the F350 Lariat black out tremor that they have coming in and they would not budge off MSRP. I told them I would buy the truck right now and pay to have it shipped to SC if he would get anywhere close to invoice price. Basically told me they only sell at MSRP and they will find a buyer at that price. So I guess such are the times we are in. I guess they have no incentive to settle for keeping all of the dealer hold back when there's more buyers than trucks. I will just wait until things calm down.
I was told the same thing three years ago on a 2018 Raptor purchase. I took it for a test drive to make sure I liked it, but then bought the exact same optioned truck at a dealer 50 miles away for $2500 under MSRP. (This was when they were hardly dealing on Gen 2 Raptors)

Last edited:
@Tx-Tremor6.7
Like you I'm just not going to let a dealership make a $7500 profit on a purchase from me that requires minimal effort on their part. I am all for someone making profit for their efforts, but that is excessive!

I have my 2021 F250 Fully loaded Lariat 6.7 Agate Black on black appearance package I've been thinking real hard about selling. Its got under 6K on it right now. Let me know if you are interested. only thing I've done to it is ceramic tint.

I appreciate the offer, but this truck is for my wife and anything short of brand new she will look at it like I went the cheap route with her truck, but ordered a brand new raptor for myself. I'm sure your truck is just like brand new and if it was for me I would not hesitate to hop on a plane and come see you.

I appreciate the offer, but this truck is for my wife and anything short of brand new she will look at it like I went the cheap route with her truck, but ordered a brand new raptor for myself. I'm sure your truck is just like brand new and if it was for me I would not hesitate to hop on a plane and come see you.
I completely understand that situation Brother..LOL.

Back