Talons Garage - Who are we, what do we do, and where do we want to go!

Talon2006

Tremor Fanatic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
F-150
Good afternoon from Talons Garage! My name is Shaun and my wife’s name is Crystal. We are a husband-and-wife team that started this adventure about a year ago in our three-car garage. I am excited to be a vendor here on Tremor Forum!

I want to take a quick minute to talk about us, and who we are:

Since I was a kid, I have always been fascinated by anything with wheels, rather it be on road or off road. I have always loved to tinker and build things. While it has always been a hobby of mine, I never considered doing it professionally. In fact, both my wife and I are advanced practice nurses for our day jobs. My wife and I have greatly enjoyed being small business owners and are having fun with this endeavor and growing it.

What we Make:

We currently make catalytic converter protection/off road skid plates. We are different from most other off road skid plate manufacturers in that we also design our plates to protect the catalytic converters. We differ from most catalytic converter protection plate manufacturers in that we also design our plates to be strong enough to function as an off-road skid plate. Catalytic converter theft has been crazy the past two years, and we hope to offer the best deterrent we can. I do think eventually, the amount of theft will slow down, which is why I am also focusing on entering the off-road accessory market. Gotta Diversify!

Why we joined Ford Tremor Forum as Vendors:

I was very excited to talk to Modified[ST1] and find out this forum is privately owned. As small business owners and fellow Texans, we are happy to be able to help support this forum.

We are also excited to be able to interact with our customer base! Our F-250 plates are a brand-new product, and we are working on getting them rolled out to the market! As always, we take a great deal of pride in our product and are shipping out a limited initial order. We hope to get some feedback before unleashing them into the market. So, bear with me over the next few weeks while we get up and running with our F-250 plates!

Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you,

Shaun and Crystal

Last edited:
The first round of orders are getting packaged and ready to ship out today!

A few days behind schedule, but this happens with new products sometimes.

Attachments

• 1F841AAE-88A5-4AF5-A331-B8994EFE40AB.jpeg
    1F841AAE-88A5-4AF5-A331-B8994EFE40AB.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 484
Good afternoon from Talons Garage! My name is Shaun and my wife’s name is Crystal. We are a husband-and-wife team that started this adventure about a year ago in our three-car garage. I am excited to be a vendor here on Tremor Forum!

Since I was a kid, I have always been fascinated by anything with wheels, rather it be on road or off road. I have always loved to tinker and build things. While it has always been a hobby of mine, I never considered doing it professionally. In fact, both my wife and I are advanced practice nurses for our day jobs. My wife and I have greatly enjoyed being small business owners and are having fun with this endeavor and growing it.

What we Make:

We currently make catalytic converter protection/off road skid plates. We are different from most other off road skid plate manufacturers in that we also design our plates to protect the catalytic converters. We differ from most catalytic converter protection plate manufacturers in that we also design our plates to be strong enough to function as an off-road skid plate. Catalytic converter theft has been crazy the past two years, and we hope to offer the best deterrent we can. I do think eventually, the amount of theft will slow down, which is why I am also focusing on entering the off-road accessory market. Gotta Diversify!

I was very excited to talk to Modified[ST1] and find out this forum is privately owned. As small business owners and fellow Texans, we are happy to be able to help support this forum.

We are also excited to be able to interact with our customer base! Our F-250 plates are a brand-new product, and we are working on getting them rolled out to the market! As always, we take a great deal of pride in our product and are shipping out a limited initial order. We hope to get some feedback before unleashing them into the market. So, bear with me over the next few weeks while we get up and running with our F-250 plates!

Thank you,

Shaun and Crystal

[ST1]Is Modified a person?
Looking forward to seeing and very likely picking up some gear! Installed pics of your equipment would be great.

I have no idea what kind of demand there would be for this ..
Would it be feasible to make a bolt on Skid Plate for the bottom of our Differentials .. I've had them on Jeeps in the past, but I've only found a Carli model that works with their lower Steering Stabilizer for our trucks.

Last edited:

What we Make:

Thank you,

Shaun and Crystal

[ST1]Is Modified a person?
Where in Texas?

Very interested to see what kind of skid plate system you end up offering. I'm extremely interested. And welcome to the board!

Welcome! It's great to have you on the forum, and it's awesome you're producing a skid plate! There's a distinct lack of skid plates available for these trucks. Just wish yours would have been around back in September when I bought my PDM skid plate! :ROFLMAO:

They are in Houston. I tried to one last week and pick it locally they do not allow local pick up. They did give me a great quote on shipping though.
Wait what, the do not allow local pickup & instead force you to pay shipping

Wow not customer friendly

Wait what, the do not allow local pickup & instead force you to pay shipping

Wow not customer friendly

I'm guessing it's an HOA issue. I know plenty of people in my neighborhood who also do fabrication work out of their garages for profit. HOA restrictions don't allow any store-front-style businesses, though, so they're forced to ship things or meet up in person outside the neighborhood Craigslist style. I wouldn't be surprised of Talon is the same way.

I would be interested in the catalytic converter protection/skid plate for a F350 with the 7.3L engine. Looking forward to seeing these installed and reviewed.

Back