Tailgate letter background options

Diesel

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I am looking for a black pre cut piece to fill in the rectangle on the tailgate around the words “Super Duty”. All I can find are the letters themselves to make super duty stand out. I would like those letters to remain the same color as the truck, but have a black background to match the black appearance package. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You did not mention a model year for your truck. ??? However, your statement - "piece to fill in the rectangle on the tailgate around the words Super Duty" indicates you have a 2020 or 2021 Super Duty. Tuffskinz and another company make the black vinyl letters. I have seen photos posted by one Tremor Member with a Star White Lariat using the black vinyl letters with a black surround. See attached snipping tool photo - not sure if that is what you are looking for. Notice the DOT (required for DRW trucks) red light bar between the tailgate and rear bumper. I have had those along with the roof clearance cab lights on all my previous Super Duty SRW trucks.

I am looking for a full complete rectangle applique...paint Agate Black to match the grille and install over the debossed Super Duty letters on the tailgate. My preference would be to have much smaller embossed or debossed Super Duty letters on the F250 / F350 / F450 pickups (small F150 on the Class 1 trucks).

Air Design made both bright and black tailgate applique for the 2017 - 2019 Ford F250 / F350 / F450 pickup trucks. Those tailgate appliques will not fit 2020-2022 trucks. I talked to a guy at Air Design last week, he said the tailgate appliques for the 2020+ Ford Super Duty trucks got put on the back burner because of the Plandemic / Scamdemic. They are licensed through Ford. He said he would contact Ford to see if there was any interest to make tailgate appliques for the 2020-2022 Super Duty trucks since the word is the 2023 trucks will redesigned...have different exterior styling.

Looks like I may have to use a King Ranch or Platinum tailgate applique.....modify (fiberglass fill and sand) to eliminate the trim level name, paint Agate Black and attach to the tailgate via several strips of two sided 3M tape.

Attachments

• Tremor - MMUGLIA - Lariat Ultimate - 2.PNG
    Tremor - MMUGLIA - Lariat Ultimate - 2.PNG
    837.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Tremor - MMUGLIA - Lariat Ultimate - 5.PNG
    Tremor - MMUGLIA - Lariat Ultimate - 5.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 198
Well we are getting closer. In the second picture above, I would prefer to have the super duty letters in white. And the area in the picture that remains as white - that’s where I would prefer to fill it in with black. So basically the opposite of what you have shown.
If that option doesn’t exist I will take the truck to a local vinyl shop and see what they can do.
It is a 2021 lariat, star white with black appearance package. They almost got it perfect IMO, other than the tailgate looks cheap to me. I have already plasti dipped the tailgate handle and removed the cheap tremor stickers.

Well we are getting closer. In the second picture above, I would prefer to have the super duty letters in white. And the area in the picture that remains as white - that’s where I would prefer to fill it in with black. So basically the opposite of what you have shown.
If that option doesn’t exist I will take the truck to a local vinyl shop and see what they can do.
It is a 2021 lariat, star white with black appearance package. They almost got it perfect IMO, other than the tailgate looks cheap to me. I have already plasti dipped the tailgate handle and removed the cheap tremor stickers.
Did you ever find anything? Thanks B

Nope, and I haven't looked for awhile either. I would still do this if someone offered an easy way to get it done.

A shop that wraps cars or does clear bras would easily do what you are asking. I've seen it on a few super duty, don't think anyone make pre cut outs for it though.

Pretty sure this is what you are looking for. I’m trying to find the same thing in a wrap. This is a member who did it via paint. I think it looks awesome. Let me know if anyone finds a wrap to do this,

Attachments

• 260AC681-B8BE-4DCD-B9E2-ECA31E3A246D.jpeg
    260AC681-B8BE-4DCD-B9E2-ECA31E3A246D.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 66
Back