Switch-Pros Ignition Trigger

jrfuller

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Super Duty Lariat Ultimate Tremor
Current Ride #2
1971 Chevrolet K5 Blazer w/ LS3/6L80
I'm getting ready to install my Switch-Pros SP-9100, and I'm curious as to where others have connected their Light Blue Ignition Input wire. I'd rather not use a T-tap on any of the wiring. I was hoping that I could connect to something using the Fuse Tap. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm getting ready to install my Switch-Pros SP-9100, and I'm curious as to where others have connected their Light Blue Ignition Input wire. I'd rather not use a T-tap on any of the wiring. I was hoping that I could connect to something using the Fuse Tap. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Not 100% sure which one it is, but they should be labeled anyway…. Passenger footwell kickpanel fuse box area has a pto pigtail with wire-outs capped. One should be ignition/run hot.

So looking in the passenger kick panel, I found the wiring harness and took these pics of the wire color descriptions. Also found this PTO wiring diagram on another post. I'll do a check before wiring it up, but it looks like it should be the Green/Orange CBP22.

Attachments

• PTO Pic 1.jpg
    PTO Pic 1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 159
  • PTO Pic 2.jpg
    PTO Pic 2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 160
  • PTO Wiring Diagram.PNG
    PTO Wiring Diagram.PNG
    117.3 KB · Views: 162
So looking in the passenger kick panel, I found the wiring harness and took these pics of the wire color descriptions. Also found this PTO wiring diagram on another post. I'll do a check before wiring it up, but it looks like it should be the Green/Orange CBP22.
Yup, that’s the one!
Should work fine for what you want.

So now I'm looking for a 12V switched fuse in the under hood fuse box to use as an ignition trigger. I am thinking #64 which is 20A:
Ignition coil (gas).
Glow plug module (diesel).
Nitrogen oxide module (diesel).
Urea level and quality sensor (diesel).

Has anyone used this or another for a fuse tap for 12V switched?

1690572299261.png

So now I'm looking for a 12V switched fuse in the under hood fuse box to use as an ignition trigger. I am thinking #64 which is 20A
I would think standardizing assembly would cause Ford to install the passthrough wires whether or not you have the upfitter option. If you have them, you could use the same PTO takeoff to push a signal back through the firewall and into the engine bay. To me that is preferable to messing with your fuse box, assuming all you need is a trigger and don't need to carry a load.

I would think standardizing assembly would cause Ford to install the passthrough wires whether or not you have the upfitter option. If you have them, you could use the same PTO takeoff to push a signal back through the firewall and into the engine bay. To me that is preferable to messing with your fuse box, assuming all you need is a trigger and don't need to carry a load.
I have the PTO wiring in the passenger side kick panel, but I took a look under the hood and don't see any additional wiring. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. If there is PTO wiring under the hood of a truck without Upfitters, can someone suggest where to look?

Switch-Pros provides a fuse tap similar to the one below that would not interfere with the fuse that is already in that fuse location.

1690576731948.png

As above : Even if you need to add on a fuse this would be easy money.

Since you are digging around panels and the engine bay add some extra length to any of the other pass thru or up-fitter wires. Future mods will love you.

If there is PTO wiring under the hood of a truck without Upfitters, can someone suggest where to look?
IMG_4424.jpg

The orange wire is the passthrough wires, which are taped up in a bundle. The other ends are in the passenger kickpanel in a similar bundle. You will have to connect one of them to the PTO signal wire in the cab.

Alright, I found the 4 wire bundle beside the under hood fuse box. I'll inline fuse from the SP9100 to one of those wires, and in the passenger side kick panel, I need to find the same wire and splice it into the Green/Orange CBP22 to give it 12V when ignition is on. Does that sound correct?

Back