Suspension mods for cabover camper

I just put a seven pin in my bed. Very easy. 2 1/8” hole saw and basic tools is all it took. 1/2 hour to install.

Got it from eTrailer. Curt 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Custom Wiring Harness w/ 7-Pole Connector for Aluminum Beds - 7' Long
Item # C57008

Pulled the trigger today and bought a 2021 Cirrus 820. Will be going to SLC in two weeks to pick it up. Will do some camping on the way back to DEN. I have to get the airbags and outriggers done in the next two weeks.

Waiting for a trip report?:)

Waiting for a trip report?:)
So we went to Pagosa Springs last week and the truck performed perfectly, camper had some issues.
Here’s the mileage report.
My current list of upgrades are Airlift 5000 Ultimate Airbags (89350) with Daystar cradles and WirelessAir. On the front I have 1000# SumoSprings. I think the only thing left suspension wise is a Hellwig Rear sway bar to take out some more of the wobble and dip in curves. I am also planning on a Fox steering stabilizer and a Ready Lift 1.5 inch leveling kit.
The F350 has no problem handling the load, with just 5 psi in the bags, I only get 1.25 inch drop on the rear when adding the 3100# camper.
I installed the 5Star 91 Heavy Tow tune but did not like it. I think this may be for the 5th wheel guys towing 15k plus trailers. Way to aggressive down shifts for me in tow mode especially in the Colorado Rockies. I reprogramed the truck yesterday with the 91 Performance tune and will provide an update on that feed.

So we went to Pagosa Springs last week and the truck performed perfectly, camper had some issues.
My current list of upgrades are Airlift 5000 Ultimate Airbags (89350) with Daystar cradles and WirelessAir. On the front I have 1000# SumoSprings. I think the only thing left suspension wise is a Hellwig Rear sway bar to take out some more of the wobble and dip in curves. I am also planning on a Fox steering stabilizer and a Ready Lift 1.5 inch leveling kit.
The F350 has no problem handling the load, with just 5 psi in the bags, I only get 1.25 inch drop on the rear when adding the 3100# camper.
I installed the 5Star 91 Heavy Tow tune but did not like it. I think this may be for the 5th wheel guys towing 15k plus trailers. Way to aggressive down shifts for me in tow mode especially in the Colorado Rockies. I reprogramed the truck yesterday with the 91 Performance tune and will provide an update on that feed.

I should be good then. I'm planning a much lighter camper, at about #2000 dry. Hopefully without any additional aftermarket suspension needed

Just bought a Hellwig rear sway bar, confirmed fitment with Hellwig, part #7320. Installed Firestone air bags last weekend, the 2020's require different kits than the 17-19's. Part number W21-760-2620, purchased from Truckspring.com. Also installed Air Lift Wireless one compressor #AL25980EZ, purchased from etrailer. Everything fit and works.
Firestone says that model number bag will not fit. Something to do with the lower bracket. Do you have the overload spring on yours? I'm trying to figure this out since not one company says their air bags for the tremor. Thank you

Can you send me a picture of your airbag setup? What does the daystar cradle mount? Thank you

Can you send me a picture of your airbag setup? What does the daystar cradle mount? Thank you
B796CF03-0DCE-42D7-A2AD-9A9DC5CB4AA7.jpeg
14A51C48-36CA-427C-9B6C-C38E8B91C123.jpeg
80ACA386-1045-47C6-AAD1-E47622F783F7.jpeg

The Daystar Cradles allow for full suspension travel unloaded. The bottom of the airbags rest in the cradles unbolted.

So essentially the daystar cradle just uses the airbag hardware? Instead of mounting the bag to the plate, then the plate to the bump stop landing, you mount the cradle to the bump stop landing and let the bag move freely?

I understand the reason for the cradle, but the details of all these kits are a little murky when it comes to the Tremor.

So essentially the daystar cradle just uses the airbag hardware? Instead of mounting the bag to the plate, then the plate to the bump stop landing, you mount the cradle to the bump stop landing and let the bag move freely?

I understand the reason for the cradle, but the details of all these kits are a little murky when it comes to the Tremor.
AEA3A505-79A4-471C-97FC-CBEC575088E6.gif

Back