SUCCESS!!!! 37’s on factory rims, no lift, no rub….

TRAMPER

Your mind is a weapon, keep it loaded.
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F350 XLT Premium Tremor, SAP, 7.3L
Current Ride #2
2023 F150 XLT Lightning, Extended range, 312A, Tow Tech/ Max Tow
IMG_9700.jpeg

Before…
IMG_0297.jpeg

And after!

Tried to get the pictures as close as I possibly could for comparison.

Anyway here are the details. 2023 F350 XLT Premium, SAP, Tires are Toyo Open Country AT3’s in 37 12.50 R18, on factory Tremor rims.

Picked these tires for a couple reasons, they are factory spec’d down to an 8” rim which was important to me. They also have a 3peak snow rating on them.

I went full lock to lock while driving slowly and felt and heard zero rubbing, I haven’t offroaded yet since they’ve been on the truck for about 1 hour so far but I flexed them around a little in my yard on a decline and took pics underneath as best as I could. Keep in mind the wheel turned itself back a small amount once I let go to take the pictures so it might be slightly closer if I was holding it at full lock.
IMG_0288.jpeg

IMG_0287.jpeg

Honestly nothing is really even close to touching at this point. Again this could change as I flex but things look good right now.

IMG_0285.jpeg

And another full side shot, i think with the flares and larger tires the truck looks GREAT!!!!!

Last edited:
IMG_0299.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

Added to show width installed. They are flush with everything. This must be why the stock tires looked small after the flares went on.

Last edited:
View attachment 133517
Before…
View attachment 133518
And after!

Tried to get the pictures as close as I possibly could for comparison.

Anyway here are the details. 2023 F350 XLT Premium, SAP, Tires are Toyo Open Country AT3’s in 37 12.50 R18, on factory Tremor rims.

Picked these tires for a couple reasons, they are factory spec’d down to an 8” rim which was important to me. They also have a 3peak snow rating on them.

I went full lock to lock while driving slowly and felt and heard zero rubbing, I haven’t offloaded yet since they’ve been on the truck for about 1 hour so far but I flexed them around a little in my yard on a decline and took pics underneath as best as I could. Keep in mind the wheel turned itself back a small amount once I let go to take the pictures so it might be slightly closer if I was holding it at full lock.
View attachment 133519
View attachment 133520
Honestly nothing is really even close to touching at this point. Again this could change as I flex but things look good right now.

View attachment 133521
And another full side shot, i think with the flares and larger tires the truck looks GREAT!!!!!

Good to hear. If i do decide to go 37s i might end up with toyo at3s too.

Good to hear. If i do decide to go 37s i might end up with toyo at3s too.
They seem like a great choice if sticking with factory rims. I’m going to drive the truck to work tomorrow to see how they sound and feel at higher speeds.

Last edited:
Very nice clean truck, normally the front fender wells look crowded when 37's are put on a totally stock truck. Not so on your truck. Looks 👍 good!
I agree, they don’t look stuffed at all, the factory 35’s always seemed small to me these seem like a better size in relation to my particular truck. I think the white with black flares make the wheel wells look huge.

Looks great with those flares. The radius arms look different than the 17-22, looks like they have a slight dent in them to clear taller/wider tires.
They are. It was stated before there’s more rooms on the 23s than the 20-22s.

Looks great with those flares. The radius arms look different than the 17-22, looks like they have a slight dent in them to clear taller/wider tires.
I don’t have a 22 to compare against but I’ve read a few articles that have mentioned changes to the 23’s to allow fitment of 37’s. So far I’d have to agree!

What hood deflector is that? I tried to get one on my 24 that’s on order but Granger said there’s none available through Ford like for the 20-22’s

What hood deflector is that? I tried to get one on my 24 that’s on order but Granger said there’s none available through Ford like for the 20-22’s
AVS Aeroskin II Matte Black. Be forewarned it’s a stick on, some people are wary of tape but it offered the best protection I could find.

7.3 or 6.7? If 7.3, did gas mileage go from horrible to outrageous?
7.3L gas guzzler!!!!! Tbh idk. I bought the truck in July and it has 410 miles on it. The shop that installed my tires is only a few miles down the rd so obviously didn’t get a gauge there. My work commute is 52 miles and I’ll drive it tomorrow so at least I’ll get a general idea. Tbh idk if it’ll make much difference that 7.3L with 4.30 gears barely works anyway. Under normal driving around it finds its way to 10th gear almost all the time.

Looks great! They fill the wheel well perfectly.

I wonder if the reason 37's fitment on 2023s is hit or miss is because of the engine type. I wonder if the same set up would rub with the the of the 6.7 in the front.

I wonder if the reason 37's fitment on 2023s is hit or miss is because of the engine type. I wonder if the same set up would rub with the the of the 6.7 in the front.
Yeah that’s a good point. I have heard some comments about how centered the axle is as well. I can imagine the weight up front of the 6.7L might compress things more but than again Ford must have different springs up front on the oil burner. Anyone know if the front axles are the same? There’s a huge thread in here about different rear axles showing up, basically Sterling vs Dana but no mention of the fronts.. also thank you for the kind words. I have to agree it looks amazing! I keep staring at it like it’s my kid lol.

It has nothing to do with the engine type and everything to do with front axle factory tolerances. Pretty much every super duty truck is a little bit different from factory. Some might have a near perfect front axle to frame alignment where wheels are centered just right within the frame and other might be more left or right placement. With OEM wheels and tires which are tucked in that difference is not noticeable, most simply don’t see it. You would only notice it if you start measuring with a measuring/level stick from the fenders. But once folks add a larger wheel and tire that pokes out, they start to notice the difference in that alignment. Why is that a problem, because on some trucks that 37/ 12.50 tire will start to rub on the far end of the sway bar on the side that seats inward more, usually that’s the passenger side. On 23s now it’s always almost the sway bar rubbing and no longer the radius arms which can clear 12.50s and in some cases even some skinnier 13.50s.

Looks like Tramper cleared his sway bar on passenger side with these toyo ats and that’s great. That’s one spot where i’m still a bit nervous inspecting my truck and seeing that my own passenger side is just a tad inward compared to driver side.

It has nothing to do with the engine type and everything to do with front axle factory tolerances. Pretty much every super duty truck is a little bit different from factory. Some might have a near perfect front axle to frame alignment where wheels are centered just right within the frame and other might be more left or right placement. With OEM wheels and tires which are tucked in that difference is not noticeable, most simply don’t see it. You would only notice it if you start measuring with a measuring/level stick from the fenders. But once folks add a larger wheel and tire that pokes out, they start to notice the difference in that alignment. Why is that a problem, because on some trucks that 37/ 12.50 tire will start to rub on the far end of the sway bar on the side that seats inward more, usually that’s the passenger side. On 23s now it’s always almost the sway bar rubbing and no longer the radius arms which can clear 12.50s and in some cases even some skinnier 13.50s.

Looks like Tramper cleared his sway bar on passenger side with these toyo ats and that’s great. That’s one spot where i’m still a bit nervous inspecting my truck and seeing that my own passenger side is just a tad inward compared to driver side.
That’s a fantastic explanation. Thank you.

Yeah that’s a good point. I have heard some comments about how centered the axle is as well. I can imagine the weight up front of the 6.7L might compress things more but than again Ford must have different springs up front on the oil burner. Anyone know if the front axles are the same? There’s a huge thread in here about different rear axles showing up, basically Sterling vs Dana but no mention of the fronts.. also thank you for the kind words. I have to agree it looks amazing! I keep staring at it like it’s my kid lol.
Ford does have different front coils for the diesels (higher spring rate) to handle the additional weight. Shocks may be tuned slightly differently, but I’m not positive on that.

Axles, radius arms, etc. are all identical between the engines.

Worth noting that even if the diesel sits lower up front, and that was the cause of rubbing (which it doesn’t appear to be, as explained above), that would just indicate the problems a 7.3L would have when the suspension is compressed.

But that’s all a moot point with @Alpoba’s explanation above. :)

That’s a fantastic explanation. Thank you.

i’m not confident i got everything named/described correctly, that was my amateur take on it:) I learned about axle alignment from @BLACKCHERRY last year. If you want to read a more intelligent/professional take on it, it’s in this thread post #3.

Back