Steering Wheel Off-Center

I'm home from picking up my truck. I can not honestly say that it's perfect - but it is really really pretty darn close. As long as it stays the way it is now, I'm satisfied.

Issue closed, at least for now.

Just bought my truck 3 weeks ago. Truck pulls to the right really hard. Steering wheel is off center to the right. They said they would fix it when I bought the truck. Been in shop 3 times already and is now worse after the three trips. First trip said they fixed it. Second trip the alignment was off on the casters. They swapped caster sides and brought the alignment within specs. Truck still pulling to hard right and worse off center. Third trip they claimed it was resolved. Truck pulls worse than ever and wheel is way off to right. It’s really frustrating at this point

Just bought my truck 3 weeks ago. Truck pulls to the right really hard. Steering wheel is off center to the right. They said they would fix it when I bought the truck. Been in shop 3 times already and is now worse after the three trips. First trip said they fixed it. Second trip the alignment was off on the casters. They swapped caster sides and brought the alignment within specs. Truck still pulling to hard right and worse off center. Third trip they claimed it was resolved. Truck pulls worse than ever and wheel is way off to right. It’s really frustrating at this point
I think @PapaRaptor is psychic, and somehow his posts were made preemptively for you.

That's an awful story, and in your case maybe it is time to take it to an alignment shop that knows what they are doing (or a different dealer).

Whatever you choose to do, I sure hope it gets resolved quickly and correctly.

After re-reading the comments from others, I thought it might be more complete to show what they reportedly did to fix my truck. So, here is all I know.
8C0A478D-BE59-4E10-B0EF-CECBB7660AA7.jpeg

I don't know if this will be helpful for other's issues or not, but it worked for my truck.

Enjoy your weekends.

After re-reading the comments from others, I thought it might be more complete to show what they reportedly did to fix my truck. So, here is all I know.
View attachment 8194
I don't know if this will be helpful for other's issues or not, but it worked for my truck.

Enjoy your weekends.
Yes he basically performed an alignment. Those are the. Ford warranty labor operations.

You need a different dealer.......might be time to politely stand on some bodies desk! Because: After 3 attempts, your in Lemon Law territory.

Some additional info: There is a brake caliper issue that has a Ford Service Bulliten Issued for pulling to one side.......fix is to replace Brake calipers.

Last edited:
You need a different dealer.......might be time to politely stand on some bodies desk! Because: After 3 attempts, your in Lemon Law territory.

Some additional info: There is a brake caliper issue that has a Ford Service Bulliten Issued for pulling to one side.......fix is to replace Brake calipers.
Yes I will be dropping it off tomorrow and will advise that I will not be picking it back up until all issues are resolved. Thanks for the brake caliper issue heads up.

Just watched a few YouTube videos on straightening a Superduty steering wheel. That is as simple as it gets. Will give that a go today.

This was about as easy as it gets. My steering wheel was maybe 3 degrees to the left. Watched the video below and used 1/4 of a turn and got my steering wheel dead center. Test drive showed perfect.

This was about as easy as it gets. My steering wheel was maybe 3 degrees to the left. Watched the video below and used 1/4 of a turn and got my steering wheel dead center. Test drive showed perfect.

what torque did you use to tighten those three nuts?

I am surprised the number of members who knock the dealer service departments. Especially when it comes to alignments and centering a steering wheel. For some reason the forum makes this sound like some mysterious extremely technical function. With todays alignment equipment and Ford Factory requirements there should be no reason that a dealer would be unable to center a steeeing wheel, it is the easiest adjustment to be made on our trucks and could easily be done by you in your driveway. Other than steering wheel clear vision (cenetered) , caster canber and toe are adjustable on our trucks. Too many shops elect to set toe only and are too lazy to select and install the correct caster and camber sleeves on the upper ball joint. This goes for Dealer and Aftermarket shops. Alignments are not that difficult. IMHO. Jim
I think adjusting the seat or mirrors would be the easiest :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: .. I get what you're saying and agree

Mine too. The rear axle is slightly favoring the right side too by about 1/2 and inch but it tracks straight.
This is actually common (The axle favoring one side). They have a tolerance that allows this. Once I learned that, it drives me crazy, and I wish I was never informed. I see it in all my vehicles now.

Back