Steering stabilizer

Death wobble is Jeep terminology from my experience. My built Jeeps never experienced DW. Usually a result of adding aftermarket parts and larger tires, etc. to achieve greater clearance for rock crawling, etc. Many times it’s owner or installer error, using inferior parts, or trying to achieve something unrealistic. While the newer JL had stock steering issues, it wasn’t DW per se, and that term can be a catch can for describing other issues. I’d be really upset if I spent $80k on a SD and it had DW out of the box. Glad to hear the responses from Tremor owners, as I’m hoping to be one soon!

My research continues for the stabilizer(s) that will suit my needs.
I was reading install instructions on a particular unit and they stated that a frame mount relocation bracket was needed on lifts over 2"
anybody ran into that? and was was the solution?
thanks

My research continues for the stabilizer(s) that will suit my needs.
I was reading install instructions on a particular unit and they stated that a frame mount relocation bracket was needed on lifts over 2"
anybody ran into that? and was was the solution?
thanks

For steering stabilizers, no. That relocation bracket is most likely referring to kits that retain the OEM track bar and use a relocation bracket to account for the height change of the kit to keep the axle centered under the truck.

For steering stabilizers, no. That relocation bracket is most likely referring to kits that retain the OEM track bar and use a relocation bracket to account for the height change of the kit to keep the axle centered under the truck.
no. it was specifically in the install instructions for the stabilizers from a very big manufacturer.
this has nothing to do with a track bar.
i am very well aware of track bar relocation brackets

I believe it happens and is necessary on Jeeps if the drag link is flipped, but I no nothing about the application on a Tremor but I hope to soon if it would just get built!

I have 37's on mine and went with a single Fox ATS at first and ended up swapping that for a Bilstein 5100 SS back in the stock position. I can honestly say that it made a huge positive difference and helps a ton. While it isn't an absolute must the $99.00 for the Bilstein 5100 Steering Stabilizer is worth it!
why did you end up swapping to the Bilstein?

why did you end up swapping to the Bilstein?
I swapped to the Bilstein as I am not fond of the clamp/bolt that the Fox uses and with SS's the less of an angle they are at compared to the arm the better. I am also not fond of having to remove the SS, send it to Fox to have it re-valved or whatever else they recommend doing at 20K to 25K intervals.

To achieve the angle part, a person can either go with a dual opposing setup or utilize the factory mount points. I opted for the factory mount points and decided to try the Bilstein 5100 as I have the same on the shocks and am very satisfied with the performance. In the end, I will probably go with the dual opposing setup with adjustable PSI so that I can counter the pull to the right inherent in Toyo tires but that will come with a few more front suspension mods.

Latest Discussions

Back