Sport Mode???

jadam8304

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
Been having issues with my radio for some time. So today I’m pushing buttons just for fun and found out that my 2021 XLT Tremor has a Sport Mode option! Anyone else see this?

double tap the traction control button and the message will show up on the dash. I haven’t driven the truck yet so I have no idea what if any change there is.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.MOV
    15.6 MB
it's not really a true "sport mode." It doesn't add HP, change fuel mapping, or adjust transmission shift points.

It's just a sport mode for the traction control and stability control. It affects NOTHING other than the traction control/ESC. Let's you spin tires a bit more than when traction control/stability control is "on".

My motorcycle, for example, has "real" driving modes: Sport: full 160hp traction control set to 1, wheelie control off, Touring: Full 160 HP but smoother and tamer throttle response with more traction control and wheelie control, Urban: 100 HP, very linear throttle response and full traction control and wheelie control

Like said above.. It’s a traction control/advanced trac mode, NOT a drive mode.. Does nothing to transmission/fuel/throttle control.. Rather pointless IMO..
yeah I agree, on pointlessness. All of those traction control/esc modes are your enemy in deep snow, mud, or sand. You want to keep those tires spinning. People used to be able to drive without all this horseshit and knew how to countersteer and control the throttle to control a skid.

My first truck that had electronic traction/stability control was a 2012 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. First snow storm I was in 4 Hi going up the very steep hill to my house. Traction control cut power, I lost forward momentum until stopped, and then started sliding backwards out of control down the fucking hill. When I realized it was the stupid traction control I disabled it and very easily drove up the snowy, yet-to-be-plowed hill in 4 Hi.

Power getting cut to the drive wheels just gets you stuck. These features are useful when driving at normal speed on slippery roads though. But a "sport" setting just makes no sense. If you want to burn tires or otherwise act like a 16 year old in your $60-$90K truck, you need to shut advancetrac completely off. I don't see any actual use case for it.

Interesting I haven't tried. Next time I'm on the freeway I'll test this.
Not sure if I used the right term? It stays in 9th until I turn off sport mode but 10th is still visible in the display. I think locked out would mean that 10th is no longer visible in the display at all?

Not sure if I used the right term? It stays in 9th until I turn off sport mode but 10th is still visible in the display. I think locked out would mean that 10th is no longer visible in the display at all?
Mine shifts completely normal in “sport” mode.. Just dble checked this afternoon.. Since it’s an advanced trac mode only, no idea why yours wouldn’t shift into 10th ??‍♂️

Back