Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Vet
Current Ride
2022 F350 Tremor
First Responder
Lineman
My question is do you think it’s worth getting? I’ve never heard of one on a vehicle before, I read there description but wasn’t sure if it’s real good thing or just them trying to sell something because I can’t find any other company that makes something like that
Thank you very much

Attachments

• E6C59D4F-91F8-4298-9C4E-FF454D9DDD69.png
    E6C59D4F-91F8-4298-9C4E-FF454D9DDD69.png
    562.8 KB · Views: 41
My question is do you think it’s worth getting? I’ve never heard of one on a vehicle before, I read there description but wasn’t sure if it’s real good thing or just them trying to sell something because I can’t find any other company that makes something like that
Thank you very much
It makes sense but I don’t know if it’s worth it. When we change gearboxes in our helicopter, we get metal chip lights for a few hours and have to change the filter a couple times because of metal flakes from machining the gears and what not. With the motor being cast, I think the main concern would be sand but I’d assume ford cleans the blocks out, so I don’t think it’s needed but who really knows. I’d love to hear of someone that has done this and checked the filter

I can’t recommend sinister diesel since they screwed me when I helped them update their kit for the 2020+ 6.7. You can easily build a kit from parts on Amazon and have it be almost the same as theirs.

I do recommend running a coolant filter though and I have had one on my last three trucks. The filters help prevent the build up of gunk and the clogging of your heater core and other small passages in the cooling system. My coolant even after 5 years looked brand new.

I can’t recommend sinister diesel since they screwed me when I helped them update their kit for the 2020+ 6.7. You can easily build a kit from parts on Amazon and have it be almost the same as theirs.

I do recommend running a coolant filter though and I have had one on my last three trucks. The filters help prevent the build up of gunk and the clogging of your heater core and other small passages in the cooling system. My coolant even after 5 years looked brand new.
Thanks for fast reply, first time I saw one was actually a post you did about the cat fuel filter, but glad to know. Still may do the sinister diesel because they are doing a good sale on it but I’ll look about doing it myself real fast.
Different question but why did you go the cat and Baldwin upper/lower route instead of doing a FASS System?

Thanks again

Thanks for fast reply, first time I saw one was actually a post you did about the cat fuel filter, but glad to know. Still may do the sinister diesel because they are doing a good sale on it but I’ll look about doing it myself real fast.
Different question but why did you go the cat and Baldwin upper/lower route instead of doing a FASS System?

Thanks again
The HSM kits keep everything factory except for replacing the filters. Other systems require wiring the pump in, modifying fuel lines, etc. HSM kits are plug and play in comparison.

You can make your own coolant filter kit for less than they are selling theirs for. All you need is the filter block/mount, 2 ball valves, silicone hose, some threaded barb fittings, some all stainless steel hose clamps (Home Depot has them cheap in the plumbing area), 2 end to end barb connectors and maybe a few threaded connectors to hook them all together.

I did this on my 2 previous trucks. Just tap into the small return/bypass line that returns to the reservoir. This is how I currently have the sinister diesel kit since they refuse to send me or sell me the coolant riser manifold that fits the 2020+ 6.7.

Also in regards to sinister diesel’s kit specifically for the 2020+ 6.7. I think this kit is junk since it uses a banjo bolt to have the coolant flow through. I think the banjo bolt is way too small and restrictive to effectively provide enough flow to filter the system. If the coolant system was a high psi system like a pressure washer then it might not matter as much. This wasn’t an issue on their earlier kits since those manifold risers were bigger than the silicone hoses.

The HSM kits keep everything factory except for replacing the filters. Other systems require wiring the pump in, modifying fuel lines, etc. HSM kits are plug and play in comparison.

You can make your own coolant filter kit for less than they are selling theirs for. All you need is the filter block/mount, 2 ball valves, silicone hose, some threaded barb fittings, some all stainless steel hose clamps (Home Depot has them cheap in the plumbing area), 2 end to end barb connectors and maybe a few threaded connectors to hook them all together.

I did this on my 2 previous trucks. Just tap into the small return/bypass line that returns to the reservoir. This is how I currently have the sinister diesel kit since they refuse to send me or sell me the coolant riser manifold that fits the 2020+ 6.7.

Also in regards to sinister diesel’s kit specifically for the 2020+ 6.7. I think this kit is junk since it uses a banjo bolt to have the coolant flow through. I think the banjo bolt is way too small and restrictive to effectively provide enough flow to filter the system. If the coolant system was a high psi system like a pressure washer then it might not matter as much. This wasn’t an issue on their earlier kits since those manifold risers were bigger than the silicone hoses.
You’re 100% right just saw a video about it and read the instructions from sinister, would be really easy to do at easily half the cost, thanks a lot!

So instead of removing the sensor, what would I do instead of using the banjo bolt. I completely agree seems way to small (to much pressure) for coolant to flow through

Last edited:
You’re 100% right just saw a video about it and read the instructions from sinister, would be really easy to do at easily half the cost, thanks a lot!
Make sure you get stainless steel ball valve and they’ll look just like the ones that come with their kit. You can find everything on Amazon. I think wix makes a bunch of different filter mounts that will work.

Back