Should I order or buy off lot?

Carmax sucks. I actually had a dealer offer me about $1K more than Carmax. In the end I sold my truck ('18 F150) for almost $10K more than Carmax offered. If you order you'll have time to sell yourself (if you can payoff and get the title).

The possibility (and it's a long shot) is to order and in the time you're waiting try to get a PCO (private cash offer - search here for it if you're unfamiliar).

Finally, as for price. I ordered my F350 Tremor and got it at invoice minus half the dealer's holdback. They were not happy about it but finally did it. Here in Norcal there are lots of dealers and they all want to move inventory to get more inventory. Good luck!
Hey Ford_Fan, was that an order for a 2020 before the 2021 order system was open or a 2021? I also have MANY dealerships in my area so I let them each decide whether or not they'd like to sell me a truck. They're moving inventory like crazy. My hometown has become overrun and packed with people moving here from (one guess)...yep CA...and TX...but I digress.

I have not come-across anyone who has gotten a deal that strong on anything other than a 2020. Especially in the big metro areas. Nice work.

Interesting thread, order if you need too. Compromising sucks. Although if you can add the stuff you didnt get at a later time, then what's the harm?

Order get what you want. I did.

Interesting thread, order if you need too. Compromising sucks. Although if you can add the stuff you didnt get at a later time, then what's the harm?

I think there is a bunch of stuff you can't easily add later.

On the Lariat Ultimate: Heated/Cooled Seats. the 360° camera. The larger touch screen with navigation. the B&O stereo (i haven't put in an aftermarket stereo in 20 years but I bet you would get something nicer), moon roof, dual alternators (I am pretty sure the wiring harness would need to be changed - still waiting to hear about that). Adaptive Cruise (people are talking about adding it later, but, sounds a bit weird to have it be questionably calibrated if your life depends on it).

Just saying, a lot of these options are baked into the truck, in the wiring etc., and doesn't make much sense to try to change after the fact. Also, it seems like everything you try to change after the fact costs 2x as much as the option price from the dealer, for instance LED headlights are 1180 from the dealer (for front and rear and everything), and it's $2k+ just for the front for a set of Morimotos.

I think there is a bunch of stuff you can't easily add later.

On the Lariat Ultimate: Heated/Cooled Seats. the 360° camera. The larger touch screen with navigation. the B&O stereo (i haven't put in an aftermarket stereo in 20 years but I bet you would get something nicer), moon roof, dual alternators (I am pretty sure the wiring harness would need to be changed - still waiting to hear about that). Adaptive Cruise (people are talking about adding it later, but, sounds a bit weird to have it be questionably calibrated if your life depends on it).

Just saying, a lot of these options are baked into the truck, in the wiring etc., and doesn't make much sense to try to change after the fact. Also, it seems like everything you try to change after the fact costs 2x as much as the option price from the dealer, for instance LED headlights are 1180 from the dealer (for front and rear and everything), and it's $2k+ just for the front for a set of Morimotos.

You're not wrong, I wasn't very specific and I was also speaking from a biased point of view. I for one wouldn't want to install a B&O sound system, but one can always upgrade from the cheaper one. Moon roof, obviously, unless one is okay with someone cutting on their truck but then why (I hate sunroofs/moonroofs which is why I didn't get one). Unsure about heated cooled seats but one can change out the cloth for leather and likely even change out the bench seat for one with a console. I don't care for adaptive cruise either, perhaps it can be added. 360 camera is another thing I don't need, nor want. I'm looking at more practical options.

This is the thing though, wait for an ordered truck with everything one wants, or just get one that mostly meets ones needs and add stuff that isn't included if possible. That's how I look at it. This truck isn't my "baby," I'm not going to keep it waxed and clean all the time; it's a truck. To each their own.

I ordered my platinum 350 diesel with exactly what i wanted and paid invoice for the truck and discounted the 100k maintenance and warranty plans. Glad I ordered. Nobody would have stocked what I wanted.

I ordered my platinum 350 diesel with exactly what i wanted and paid invoice for the truck and discounted the 100k maintenance and warranty plans. Glad I ordered. Nobody would have stocked what I wanted.
Curious, was this deal something you had to shop around a lot? It sounds MUCH better than most are seeing in terms of discounting on 2021 trucks. I am in Colorado so just wondering.

I say order the truck with exactly what you want. You will own the truck for several years, so getting one from the lot will always be a compromise to what you really want.

I shopped around and ordered my 2021 for $1K under invoice. The dealer made a mistake on the heated steering wheel, so he added the $165 rain sensing wipers and heated steering wheel to my order at no charge. They have no dealer fees, do not require you to use their financing and do not care if you have no trade.

Greetings all! Ive been reading the forums for a while now. Cant get the though of owning a Tremor out of my head. I started reaching out to dealerships. This is the only offer I have been able to entertain to date. I am not sure if its a fair deal. I was hoping someone could look it over. The dealer is pretty in-flexible, I asked for an accessory or two ( tonneau cover floor mats) was met with resistance on the cover but they did agree to throw in the floor mats. The only option I would be missing personally is the lack of a heated steering wheel, I really like that feature in my current truck now. I am wondering if I should just factory order or dose this seem like a reasonable offer?

Here is link to the Web site. ( https://www.saffordford.com/api/inventory/GetStickers/?sv=MQBGAFQAOABXADIAQgBUADEATQBFAEMAMAA0ADIANwAxAA==&make=Ford&dealerCode=07887&loc=Vdp&cguid=SH-a3783b51-8ffe-70e8-2d83-c037cd142866)
Here’s my sticker if you want to compare. I too have the heated steering wheel. I suspect it’s part of the option package/equipment group and not listed. It seems like a solid price for a 2021 and if you can score it now vs waiting a few months, I’d go now. Just got mine, wish it were a 2021. It’s a month old and new models are out. No discount on that.

Attachments

• FE9893E6-A59A-4A72-9198-43A552FCD426.jpeg
    FE9893E6-A59A-4A72-9198-43A552FCD426.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 38
I’m exploring ordering options now. Im a Costco member so I’ve reached out to a dealership that is offered Costco pricing and I was told come back in January hence they do not have pricing yet on 2021s. COVID...

Back