S&B Fuel Tank - Replacement Parts

SilverBullet6.7

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F-350
I’ve recently come across a slightly used S&B 60 gallon replacement fuel tank on my local marketplace. This tank is missing the mounting hardware/straps from the previous installation. Is it possible to purchase this hardware separately? From looking on the S&B website, I haven’t been able to find it.

Additionally, any concerns with purchasing a used tank?

I would be concerned somewhat. I would want it pressure tested.

I reached out to S&B and they won’t sell the hardware separately. Looks like that option is ruled out.

I would be concerned with a situation like this. Why would one sell it in the first place?

Never heard of S&B not selling parts before. What happens if someone screws up an install and admits it was their fault and wants to order the parts?

Never heard of S&B not selling parts before. What happens if someone screws up an install and admits it was their fault and wants to order the parts?
There is a lot involved when replacing the OEM tank. It may look simple on the surface, but when you consider how important it is to have it properly pressurized and all that stuff. A warranty situation is difficult to judge from the distance ...

There is a lot involved when replacing the OEM tank. It may look simple on the surface, but when you consider how important it is to have it properly pressurized and all that stuff. A warranty situation is difficult to judge from the distance ...
I installed the S&B 60 gallon myself. Was a fun day, needless to say. Also swapped the direction of the driver side front leaf spring bolt so future cutting won't be necessary.

They should be able to sell things such as straps and bolts at least.

Was thinking they may have changed it out before trading the truck in. Not planning on going through with it.

That's fine if they wanted to remove before trade in, but the hardware that comes with the S&B is unique to it and would not work on the factory tank. So if this is the case and they swapped back then the hardware should be with it. I'm thinking that there was an issue and S&B sent them a new tank under warranty and then someone is trying to get away with shenanigans

That's fine if they wanted to remove before trade in, but the hardware that comes with the S&B is unique to it and would not work on the factory tank. So if this is the case and they swapped back then the hardware should be with it. I'm thinking that there was an issue and S&B sent them a new tank under warranty and then someone is trying to get away with shenanigans
S&B requires the old tank to be returned. My first package arrived damaged and they sent a label to have it shipped back.

S&B requires the old tank to be returned. My first package arrived damaged and they sent a label to have it shipped back.
In this case I see no reason why the hardware isn't included. From what I remember its 2 straps, a couple of U-bolts and the front skid plate. I assume the skid plate can be left off and the U-bolts and straps can be fabricated.

Back