Rubber weatherstripping above bumper messed up

DIG

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Tremor
As I was doing my walk around of my truck while fueling up today I noticed the weatherstripping/rubber seal above the bumper on the driver side is all smashed/twisted and tucked down under the bumper. The passenger side is fine and as it should be. Anyone else have this problem? It only took me two years to notice! Will the dealer fix it? The messed up side looks like it has a crack in it too. Bumper has never been off the truck.
A2560997-0734-43AB-9E5B-0DA4E2F79A7B.jpeg
B3AF3732-3261-4B30-B289-46B62D83FBEC.jpeg

Damn that's pretty bad. Did you get a winch put in?

I had the same issue with mine but not that bad. Driver side as well. 2022 model. No winch nor has the bumper been off

I had the same issue with mine but not that bad. Driver side as well. 2022 model. No winch nor has the bumper been off
What did you do about it?

What did you do about it?
Nothing. I dont care. I might mention it to the the dealer next time it goes in for service but I've had the truck for 14 months and I still havent mentioned it.

I was able to get it back in the proper position for the most part. It is cold here so not as pliable as it normally would be. It is boogered up a little bit from getting pinched. My guess is that it happened from washing the truck with the pressure wand. 🤷‍♂️

What do you expect? It’s not like these trucks cost us a small fortune (sarcasm)

I had to take all four of my door panels off in the first week of ownership because the butyl holding plastic weather barrier wasn’t sealed. The water was just pouring into my door panels.

Ford just slaps these things together as fast as they can. It’s disappointing

As I was doing my walk around of my truck while fueling up today I noticed the weatherstripping/rubber seal above the bumper on the driver side is all smashed/twisted and tucked down under the bumper. The passenger side is fine and as it should be. Anyone else have this problem? It only took me two years to notice! Will the dealer fix it? The messed up side looks like it has a crack in it too. Bumper has never been off the truck.View attachment 104299View attachment 104300
That piece is very soft and easy to work with. Reach in there with your fingers and pull it out flush from the top, and work it where you want it. Its held on by the bumper at the bottom, nothing on top. The pressure of the gap holds it in place.

Here are some pictures of it from an extra bumper I have
20221116_162053.jpg
20221116_162011.jpg
20221116_162006.jpg
20221116_162003.jpg
20221116_161948.jpg

That piece is very soft and easy to work with. Reach in there with your fingers and pull it out flush from the top, and work it where you want it. Its held on by the bumper at the bottom, nothing on top. The pressure of the gap holds it in place.
K725GTC6

Reactions: DIG
My fear of taking that to the dealer is that they’d make the situation worse. I imagine then gouging up the bumper or cross threading Bolts are not putting back on straight.

I’d just try to fix it myself. I know we shouldn’t have to, but sometimes it’s not worth the potential dealer aggravation.

People just don’t care to do things right

Back