Removing “F250” from side vents?

oops

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
Anyone know if it’s possible to remove the F250 letters from the side vents?

Are there holes underneath them or are they just glued onto the black plastic?

Giving the truck a much needed detailing and finding these things to be a PITA to clean. And kind of ugly. Thinking it’d look better if it was just a black void.

4BAAADA8-8E0B-4019-8E16-5B6C4D93639B.jpeg

badge shortage - truck delivered without. Waiting for them to arrive.

This is the solution ilo shipping trucks without the vents since there is a supply chain issue...

Personally, not sure the letters separate off, but personally I don’t think it would look good at all without them. Something needs to be in that black void to balance the look out

Here's another option to give it a clean look.

clean-black-side-vent-f250.jpg

Here's another option to give it a clean look.

View attachment 102707

Wonder what you could come up with customization wise @oops. Even those this adds depth the above truck delivered without badges doesn’t have, I think the end look would be the same. It needs something somewhere or else it just looks like a place holder. Would love to see what you come up with

To answer OPs question the F250 are plastic parts that are plastic welded to the black fender emblem
Plastic welds can be removed with a hot scraper or reciprocating blade though, right?

Plastic welds can be removed with a hot scraper or reciprocating blade though, right?
Yes, but then you have remains on the front face that have to be tidied up. If I was going this route probably best to take the @modified option. Unless there is a plan to replace the F_50 characters with something else.

Just drill them out clean, putty over, smooth, then paint. It's a flat surface so it'll be easy work.

I think those factory filler panels are kinda neat. I've had several antique war era trucks (WWII and Korea) and the little one year delete details like those make certain examples unique and can even bring extra money when building/selling a correct restoration. Not that they're worth anything now but, regardless of where you stand on the pandemic, those blank fillers are evidence of the economic devastation and part of the resulting supply shortages that will be studied in future history classes.

I think as your comeback to the forum you need to go with one of these two:

1667255973581.png

1667255999492.png

:ROFLMAO:

Back