Rear bumper to increase clearance off road 2023+ F350

98infinity

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2016 f150
What are some 2023+ F350 Rear bumper to increase clearance off road ? Anyway or anyone done Dovetail?

To really increase rear clearance, you're going to have to remove the trailer hitch. Are you planning to do that?
Ford warns not to remove the trailer hitch because it is now a structural member of the frame. Think of it as the rearmost cross member. If it is removed, one probably should replace it with something filling in for the cross member function.

Ford warns not to remove the trailer hitch because it is now a structural member of the frame. Think of it as the rearmost cross member. If it is removed, one probably should replace it with something filling in for the cross member function.
I agree and I'm not advocating for the removal. Just stating to the OP that the lowest hanging part of the truck for departure angle clearance is going to be the hitch.

I asked him - nothing available for the Super Duties, but he said he would build one if you bring your truck to him in New Mexico.

Agreed that the hitch will still hang low, I wish ours were more like the Ram hitches that are much more tucked away.

I haven't found anything for the Superduties but ARB makes a hitch in the Aus market that is between the rails specifically for this purpose. Depending on how much risk you're comfortable with, could probably find a fab shop to make a duplicate for the scope of the superduty.

Scroll to the bit about the X-Bar by Hayman Reese. Basically it moves the hitch to between the frame rails while still providing the cross member strength.

I was wondering also if there was an attachment to the stock hitch to be like a skid for the bumper

I was wondering also if there was an attachment to the stock hitch to be like a skid for the bumper
I don't think I've ever come across something like that as a purchasable item. But plate steel is relatively cheap if you know someone with a welder.

Back