Ravelco Installation

If you want to do another install sometime let me know.
I just thought of something ... is your truck gas or diesel ?

Mine is the 7.3L gas ... so if yours is the 6.7L diesel, make sure they have install directions for yours as I am fairly sure the diesel wire harness designations are different.

I had these stickers made as I didn't want theives to break my window and then learn I had a Revelco installed. You can't read the provided stickers through the window tint. Hopefully this will work.
Do you mind sharing where you got those from? Thank you.

I had these stickers made as I didn't want theives to break my window and then learn I had a Revelco installed. You can't read the provided stickers through the window tint. Hopefully this will work.
Any extras? Cant stand the stickers they provide for the exact same reason. Will pay$!

I just thought of something ... is your truck gas or diesel ?

Mine is the 7.3L gas ... so if yours is the 6.7L diesel, make sure they have install directions for yours as I am fairly sure the diesel wire harness designations are different.
Mine is diesel

Mine is diesel
Recommend sending the guy at Ravelco an email to ensure the system works with your diesel. He is good at responding fairly quickly. But be forewarned his responses are usually one-liners without too many specifics.

When I took delivery of my third and final new Excursion, an '05 with the 6.0 diesel, I finally broke down and got one. Back then they were $299 installed. No problem having it installed in the diesel back then. They were very open back then as to what their system disabled and how concealed the wiring was. They used it as a selling point.

The system (socket and pigtail) itself is the same, but I would think for DIY installs, it has specific wiring instructions for gas and diesel as far as the routing and location of the splices that disable the 2 or 3 components used to operate the system.

The primary use difference from stock is the loss of the remote start feature. I rarely used R/S so the benefits outweighed the loss of that. 👍

Recommend sending the guy at Ravelco an email to ensure the system works with your diesel. He is good at responding fairly quickly. But be forewarned his responses are usually one-liners without too many specifics.
Since I don't have a heated garage either we should wait till spring. Plus my truck is now in Dallas for a month getting some upgrades done. Let me know if you need any software updates done on your truck and I could do them for you.

Back