Prospective Tremor Guy, Current F-150 Guy

So I am in Maryland speed limits don't go over 55 here so most people so 60 to 65 in Maryland so yea 60 had cruise control set and a med traffic highway I got 26.2 in the picture ... But SPEED KILLS YOUR MPG... 60 is what I find the sweet spot but the truck doesn't shift to 10th gear until after 49mph so I figured 55 but I was getting 24 going 55 on my trip to work which is 40 miles 30 miles highways and 10 mile city give or take ... I am also driving on a military base where your not going over 30 for the most part but one spot I can do 45 on base but I was at 26 at the gate but once I parked I was at 24 and driving home I left the city traffic at 21 and when I got home I was at 23.4 for 80 miles round trip to work so the truck can get that but the faster you go the more the truck really doesn't like it but if I drive like a ass hole speeding up and down and not caring about mpg I get 21 on avg going to work... But I am not going over 65 on my trip to work and the roads are flat but have a few hills but not much but the 23 stop lights one way don't help ... Sometimes I can get all green ... Others all fucking red so day to day it depends but getting 20+ is easy
Ok, definitely different driving than what we see out west. Interstate speed limit is 80, 70 on the highways and big hills or mountain passes about any direction you go. Really drags down the mileage numbers more than I would have thought, but something to look forward to seeing better mileage when traveling east.

Ok, definitely different driving than what we see out west. Interstate speed limit is 80, 70 on the highways and big hills or mountain passes about any direction you go. Really drags down the mileage numbers more than I would have thought, but something to look forward to seeing better mileage when traveling east.

Yea here in Montana, we usually set the cruise at 85 on the interstate, I have my 2021 ordered but I am sure the mileage won't be that great going that fast. I also have a Jeep GC with the 3.0 ecodiesel and it gets 21mpg with cruise at 85mph, so for those distance runs with no load we will probably just drive that.

Yea here in Montana, we usually set the cruise at 85 on the interstate, I have my 2021 ordered but I am sure the mileage won't be that great going that fast. I also have a Jeep GC with the 3.0 ecodiesel and it gets 21mpg with cruise at 85mph, so for those distance runs with no load we will probably just drive that.
At 85 starting to get even thirster and way more prone to bad bump steer than your Jeep on our lovely roads. Makes me miss my SRT Jeep thinking about differences in handling. That thing was a blast especially on the passes. For a heavy rig Tremor does handle pretty good just not as well as that old Mercedes chassis Chrysler does.

Hello all,

Just posting a quick introduction here. I’m an F-150 guy right now but have been thinking of stepping up to the Tremor. Just need that extra push to go back into debt for a truck again! Ha! Anyhow, this forum is a great resource and I hope to learn more about the Tremor and specifically about ordering one (already been looking through Costco). My biggest decision seems to be between the Godzilla motor or the PowerStroke. I’m all ears for fans of both engines wishing to make their respective cases...

Anyhow, hope to see you guys on the forums. Stay safe out there.
did you get that order in yet? did i miss it? what did you get?

Yes you are right it is crazy to think to go 85 or even 90 in the tremor while towing when i when to Utah but yes the roads here are paved every year or 2 ... so we have a fuck load of construction but the roads are smooooooooooth.... and with the lower speed limits and the shit load of stop lights you can get one mpg or shit mpg day to day ..... sucks but it the way it works also what time you travel as well anything before 4 am you can the road to yourself after it traffic all fucking day until 11 pm or so

Yes you are right it is crazy to think to go 85 or even 90 in the tremor while towing when i when to Utah but yes the roads here are paved every year or 2 ... so we have a fuck load of construction but the roads are smooooooooooth.... and with the lower speed limits and the shit load of stop lights you can get one mpg or shit mpg day to day ..... sucks but it the way it works also what time you travel as well anything before 4 am you can the road to yourself after it traffic all fucking day until 11 pm or so
I just did a trip to Colorado , had an enclosed trailer 7,500 lbs ( not much for a 350) we had cruise set at 88 for long periods of time. The exhaust brake, tow mode and adaptive cruise were awesome in the mountains

I just did a trip to Colorado , had an enclosed trailer 7,500 lbs ( not much for a 350) we had cruise set at 88 for long periods of time. The exhaust brake, tow mode and adaptive cruise were awesome in the mountains
oh yea it was amazing towing with the 6.7 in the mountains the truck didnt't care .... it was one hell of a towing experience

Depends on what you want and your budget. Don’t drive. 6.7 if your swayed by power. You will end up with it.

My old truck was a 17’ f250 with the 6.2 gas engine. One of the first Alumiduty’s in Florida. Ran it for 96,000 miles had 35.4 inch Stt pros on it. Costs 24 cents a mile for the life of it. Lifetime average of 12.1 mpg. Forget about it towing. Roughly 24,000 in gas. Synthetic oil change intervals at 5,000 miles and gas had an overall fluid costs of 25 cents a mile. Went through three sets of tires a full set of brakes and was on its third battery. Never left me anywhere. Ford does gas v8s right they are just thirsty.

The 2020 6.7 with 10 speed tremor averages 17.4 mpg now. Diesel here is 20 cents cheaper a gallon. Cost per mile currently is 12 cents per mile. My rough guesstimate with fuel, synthetic oil change at 5,000 mile intervals, DEF fluid my overall fluid cost per mile is 18 cents a mile.

Generally speaking your talking $1000 savings per 15,000 miles with the diesel empty. If towing or lots of highway driving the diesel will save you more. 20 mpg at 82mph.

Do my own oil changes, fuel filter service and top off my DEF myself. Dealer near me takes forever and by the time I get there I’m almost done also saves some $.

What’s your commute like? If you drive 15 minutes to work a diesel isn’t going to warm up. If your commute is 35 minutes or greater maybe consider diesel. Do you do lots of short drives or lots of highway?

95% of the time I could get buy with an f150. It’s that 5% where a 250 comes into play on payload capacity and towing. During hurricane season it’s also easier to find diesel in fuel shortages

As for the good ol debate of the price of a diesel buys a lot of gas well that’s true. The value of the diesel will be $7,000 more at 100k than a gas tremor. Your not really “losing” that money.

A major con of the diesel...my right foot suddenly weighs a hundred pounds. You will go through tires. Goodyear’s Duratrac if they are good for one year will be impressed. Guessing 20k or less.

One thing is for sure diesels are not cheap to fix. How long are you going to keep it? Look at ford extended service plans.

Was in between a gas tremor, a raptor and and f150 last go around. When I showed the girlfriend a raptor her response was “What are you still in high school?”

Last edited:
Depends on what you want and your budget. Don’t drive. 6.7 if your swayed by power. You will end up with it.

My old truck was a 17’ f250 with the 6.2 gas engine. One of the first Alumiduty’s in Florida. Ran it for 96,000 miles had 35.4 inch Stt pros on it. Costs 24 cents a mile for the life of it. Lifetime average of 12.1 mpg. Forget about it towing. Roughly 24,000 in gas. Synthetic oil change intervals at 5,000 miles and gas had an overall fluid costs of 25 cents a mile. Went through three sets of tires a full set of brakes and was on its third battery. Never left me anywhere. Ford does gas v8s right they are just thirsty.

The 2020 6.7 with 10 speed tremor averages 17.4 mpg now. Diesel here is 20 cents cheaper a gallon. Cost per mile currently is 12 cents per mile. My rough guesstimate with fuel, synthetic oil change at 5,000 mile intervals, DEF fluid my overall fluid cost per mile is 18 cents a mile.

Generally speaking your talking $1000 savings per 15,000 miles with the diesel empty. If towing or lots of highway driving the diesel will save you more. 20 mpg at 82mph.

Do my own oil changes, fuel filter service and top off my DEF myself. Dealer near me takes forever and by the time I get there I’m almost done also saves some $.

What’s your commute like? If you drive 15 minutes to work a diesel isn’t going to warm up. If your commute is 35 minutes or greater maybe consider diesel. Do you do lots of short drives or lots of highway?

95% of the time I could get buy with an f150. It’s that 5% where a 250 comes into play on payload capacity and towing. During hurricane season it’s also easier to find diesel in fuel shortages

As for the good ol debate of the price of a diesel buys a lot of gas well that’s true. The value of the diesel will be $7,000 more at 100k than a gas tremor. Your not really “losing” that money.

A major con of the diesel...my right foot suddenly weighs a hundred pounds. You will go through tires. Goodyear’s Duratrac if they are good for one year will be impressed. Guessing 20k or less.

One thing is for sure diesels are not cheap to fix. How long are you going to keep it? Look at ford extended service plans.

Was in between a gas tremor, a raptor and and f150 last go around. When I showed the girlfriend a raptor her response was “What are you still in high school?”
Depending on your area resale is not always $7K better. My coworker was looking at used 6.2L around the 5 year old mark and they were only 2K less than a comparable diesel on asking, book values were about 3500 difference in price ( similar trim miles) in our area. Both were moving fast but shocking on how much they were getting out of the 6.2L trucks vs diesel. He ended up getting a new STX 6.2L since with rebates it was really good deal. Only time will tell on resale, but if the 7.3L gas holds up like Ford claims the price gap at end of warranty could be pretty small on similarly equipped trucks gas vs diesel.

My coworker went gas since his last 6.7L diesel was having lots of issues due to the emissions stuff. His application wasn’t conducive to let the emissions system work properly so had to go gas or delete to solve issues since changing driving habits is not practical.

Latest Discussions

Back