Pre Air Filter.

Colfaxent

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor F250 Black
Current Ride #2
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Pre Air Filter. The factory air box allows bugs and large debris into the air box Nd collects in the bottom of the box and plugs the foam on the factory air filter. Anyone know of a Pre-filter that can be installed at the intake opening on the Radiator support? Air filter is a pain to remove and there is ways sand and dirt and bugsin the bottom of box. Maybe someone has a good fix or work around for this poor design. For now I have the factory foam mesh covering the intake to trap this big stuff.

Pre Air Filter. The factory air box allows bugs and large debris into the air box Nd collects in the bottom of the box and plugs the foam on the factory air filter. Anyone know of a Pre-filter that can be installed at the intake opening on the Radiator support? Air filter is a pain to remove and there is ways sand and dirt and bugsin the bottom of box. Maybe someone has a good fix or work around for this poor design. For now I have the factory foam mesh covering the intake to trap this big stuff.

Attachments

• 20240318_134620.jpg
    20240318_134620.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Wow
Reactions: ccw
After I took apart the 2022 6.7L air box to find some debris/dirt I'm glad I use a S&B open element with a pre-wrap on it.

I see the OEM setup as a portal to force dirt into the air box, not fresh air.

After I took apart the 2022 6.7L air box to find some debris/dirt I'm glad I use a S&B open element with a pre-wrap on it.

I see the OEM setup as a portal to force dirt into the air box, not fresh air.
I concur and have done the same with a S&B filter, intake box, and pre filter wrap. I can R&R filter in less than 60 seconds.

I'm thinking someone should make a Wrap to fit in the opening of the air intake at the radiator support. It would make for easy cleaning of the Big Stuff! I had an S&B intake with filter and wrap on my previous Superduty.

I'm thinking someone should make a Wrap to fit in the opening of the air intake at the radiator support. It would make for easy cleaning of the Big Stuff! I had an S&B intake with filter and wrap on my previous Superduty.
Something only the size of opening would gather debris very quickly and require cleaning 🤔 very often, possibly daily depending how many miles one drives a day. I don't see it being efficient.

Both the S&B and Banks CAI offer a prewrap for their filters.

How funny, I was just searching for this, not to mention I was wondering what people were using for their cabin filters...

@blumhagen Where are you seeing filter wraps available on the S&B site for these engines?

View attachment 153465
You have to get their whole intake and you can get a filter wrap that fits the filter that comes with it. Same with the Banks intake and filter. I have both and would recommend the wrap.

Wrap that rascal !! 😜 😜

Almost as if they could make a particle separator like for the sideXsides work for our trucks. I also have this design on the intake of my circular saws at work. Supposed to make the air filter maintenance free.
I have this on my rzr and can attest the design works.

Is there an aftermarket air filter, pre-filter or cold air intake that anyone knows of that will not void the warranty? I’ve replaced my air filter 3 times in 19k miles and the last time was only after 3k miles. The OEM one isn’t cheap either. Thanks.

Is there an aftermarket air filter, pre-filter or cold air intake that anyone knows of that will not void the warranty? I’ve replaced my air filter 3 times in 19k miles and the last time was only after 3k miles. The OEM one isn’t cheap either. Thanks.
No aftermarket filter voids the warranty.

Great pre filter. Some of you might be too young but these were used on cars after Mt. St. Helens.
1655687_641360249270155_1112067305_o.jpg

Back