PPE ALUMINUM TRANS PAN

I have the PPE trans pan. Have had it on the truck for probably 5k miles now. It was super easy to install, only hard part is refilling the trans with like 20 quarts of ULV. Be prepared and have a good pump. I reused the factory hardware and bought some new bolts from ford to replace the old stud bolts. Very happy with the pan, the temps aren't any cooler for me though, the fluid just takes a very long time to get up to operating temp since there is so much. I've towed pretty heavy with it and no real difference. The main benefit is going to be servicing, you won't have to replace the plastic pan after it's been removed, it's going to leak if reinstalled.

I have the PPE trans pan. Have had it on the truck for probably 5k miles now. It was super easy to install, only hard part is refilling the trans with like 20 quarts of ULV. Be prepared and have a good pump. I reused the factory hardware and bought some new bolts from ford to replace the old stud bolts. Very happy with the pan, the temps aren't any cooler for me though, the fluid just takes a very long time to get up to operating temp since there is so much. I've towed pretty heavy with it and no real difference. The main benefit is going to be servicing, you won't have to replace the plastic pan after it's been removed, it's going to leak if reinstalled.didn't
Why didn't you use the PPE hardware provided?

I ran over a large piece of metal on the road the other day and the thing flew and cracked my plastic transmission pan. Ford says the plastic ones are a month or more out on orders so ordered the PPE pan. Wondering about the sump pickup in the transmission. Any concerns with that dropping out due to the deeper pan ? Since I have not seen the bottom of the trans without the pan I did not know if the sump pickup was bolted in or was simply an o-ring fit.

The pick up is through the trans filter. It's nothing like the pick up for the motor oil. Two bolts hold the trans filter in place, it will not move. I just completed the PPE replacement for concern of something happening as you are now experiencing! I also did the PPE oil pan for the extra capacity.

Good deal and I found youtube video as well. Appreciate the info.

What is everyone using to add the fluid back to the transmission?
I tried cheapo quart bottle hand pumps which ended up being a mess because they don't last long enough to do so much oil. Also tried a harbor freight hand transfer pump which was a pita since it barely worked. I don't know what exactly to get but definitely spend a little money and avoid the frustration

Back